Full Version: Help! My Amp Is Blown Out
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
nrpstreetballa
is there anything i can do or is it to late and i should just throw it out
MickeM
QUOTE (nrpstreetballa @ Aug 19 2007, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is there anything i can do or is it to late and i should just throw it out

?

Did it explode and went down in flames or did it say *puff* or what?
Saoirse O'Shea
Might be repairable but what type of amp (tube or tranny?) and what more specifically has happened to it?

Cheers,
Tony
shredmandan
Dont throw it away.I made that mistake with a Fender Ultimate Chorus amp i had and it could have probably been fixed in the board.Unless it just really blew up like a bomb laugh.gif .You gotta think you got the speakers that still may work,all the extra electronic parts you can use or sell on Ebay biggrin.gif Also the box is usable to make another amp out of maybe.So i wouldnt throw it away unless you have no room for it or are rich smile.gif
Saoirse O'Shea
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 18 2007, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont throw it away. ... Also the box is usable to make another amp out of maybe.So i wouldnt throw it away unless you have no room for it or are rich smile.gif

Maybe you could sell the cabinet to MickeM or Andrew for their amp builds wink.gif .

Seriously though - it may be repairable or as shredmandan says some bits you might be able to salvage.
Cheers,
Tony
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 18 2007, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe you could sell the cabinet to MickeM or Andrew for their amp builds wink.gif .

Seriously though - it may be repairable or as shredmandan says some bits you might be able to salvage.
Cheers,
Tony

Cool idea smile.gif

If it s a tube amp it could be simply a blown tube - an expected consumable in tube amps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.