Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sharp Dressed Man By Zz Top Distortion Setting On Marshall Mg30dfx
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
going_mad
hi all:D

I need some help on finding the right tuning of the distortion on this amp for Sharp Dressed Man..
I would be very happy if someone could me.. thx

it might not be the right forum, if not i'm sorry
Nick325
QUOTE (going_mad @ Aug 19 2007, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi all:D

I need some help on finding the right tuning of the distortion on this amp for Sharp Dressed Man..
I would be very happy if someone could me.. thx

it might not be the right forum, if not i'm sorry

i have the same amp but not sure for the settings
JVM
Well I don't know how the amp sounds, I don't have one. Try having your gain at about 12 o'clock (unless it gets more gainy than I think, in which case turn it down lower) and turn the contour way up. Then maybe have the treble at 2 o'clock or so with the bass at about 5, and see what you get.
ZakkWylde
My advice: Use your ears!
Listen to the main riff-play it-adjust till you get closer to the sound you heard on CD. All I know is no reverb cause it's a really dry sound on CD.
JVM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Aug 18 2007, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My advice: Use your ears!
Listen to the main riff-play it-adjust till you get closer to the sound you heard on CD. All I know is no reverb cause it's a really dry sound on CD.

Yeah do what he says, I'm just trying to give you a starting point, but I could be way off tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.