Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vintage Ibby Rgt42mdx Original Price
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Todd Simpson
I didn't realize these were this pricey even 10 years ago when new. The guitar I had to send back as it needed a fret job was one of these. I've owned 2 in my time. My current third white RGT42 is the RGT42DX without maple fretboard. The original price for these guitars about 10 years ago was over $900. I got a killer deal getting this one for under $500 as folks don't seem to know about these. Of course, I went back to check prices and now they are all pushing $700 for a used 10 year old guitar. It's getting harder to buy ibbys online. Anyone else notice this?
Click to view attachment
Steve Gilfield
Todd, a friend of mine has the grey Ibanez with its hard case.
He hasn't played it for almost a decade.
Any idea how much it can be sold?

Click to view attachment
Todd Simpson
Market rate seems to be about $800. That sounds about right. It's not a very flashy pain job which can sometimes help. It's a very solid axe though. Id say price it at $1,000 and then take $800. smile.gif

QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jun 14 2021, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Todd, a friend of mine has the grey Ibanez with its hard case.
He hasn't played it for almost a decade.
Any idea how much it can be sold?

Click to view attachment

Steve Gilfield
Really, only 800?

I thought the Prestige series were sold at around €2000 new.
Mertay
the 2550 or 2570 are amazing guitars, not many knows this but their neck width are slightly narrower than most ibanez guitars.

They are a bit easy to find used here too which likely brings the price down. The paint condition is very important in pricing because I've seen a lot (specially 2550) with the paint worn where the arm rests.
Todd Simpson
They made a lot of these and they are great guitars. The condition of the paint is very important as mertay said. Also, the grey paint isn't seen as a "special" guitar among collectors. It's still a great guitar though. They did go for 2k new.

QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jun 15 2021, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really, only 800?

I thought the Prestige series were sold at around €2000 new.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.