Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emotive Rock Collab
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Pages: 1, 2
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi everyone!! Welcome to this new Call & Response collab!

As we did before here: Gab jams with you!

I want to jam with you again!

The idea is simple. Record yourself doing a quick/spontaneous jam over the backing track. Share the video, only guitar audio and audio mix. I'll record a video response inspired by each participant's take.

Then I'll share a final video with this structure: Participant 1 - Gab Jam - Participant 2 - Gab Jam - Participant 3 - Gab Jam and so...

The backing is based on this killer GMC lesson "Emotive Rock Soloing" (recorded by Diego Budicin).

Choose one of these backings to record your take.

Backing track 1: Click to view attachment
Backing track 2: Click to view attachment

Tempo: 60 bpm

Scales suggested:

You can participate as many times as you want.

WHO IS IN?

FINAL VIDEO:

Phil66
In cool.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Welcome Phil!!
Storm Linnebjerg
In smile.gif
Timmez
Hello Gab,

i'm in smile.gif
Here is my first quick improvisation over this beautifull backing track laugh.gif
If you need the guitar without delay let me know.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Greetz Tim
PosterBoy
In.

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (tflava @ Jul 13 2021, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Gab,

i'm in smile.gif
Here is my first quick improvisation over this beautifull backing track laugh.gif
If you need the guitar without delay let me know.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Greetz Tim

Nice phrasing Tim!! I'll record my solo response to your take soon. biggrin.gif

It would be cool to have your take without delay for the final mix.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 13 2021, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In smile.gif

Welcome!

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jul 14 2021, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In.

Great!! smile.gif
ClaudioStrat
Hi Gabri, happy to give it a go
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Jul 14 2021, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Gabri, happy to give it a go

Welcome Claudio!!
Todd Simpson
Sounds fun count me in!!
Sensible Jones
I'm in Gab!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 15 2021, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds fun count me in!!

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 16 2021, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in Gab!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Great guys!! biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi

That's my response to Tflava's take! Thanks for the inspiration mate!
Timmez
very nice man. I love it smile.gif
Maybe i will come up with another 16 bars in about a few weeks or so biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (tflava @ Jul 16 2021, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
very nice man. I love it smile.gif
Maybe i will come up with another 16 bars in about a few weeks or so biggrin.gif

That would be great!!
Victor Simion
This is what I played, let me know what you think.

I will make a video in one of the next days, for now it's only audio.
Todd Simpson
NICE!! I don't want to highjack this thread but I wanted to say how impressed I am with Tflavas solo work here. He's been working his butt off in bootcamp and his technique is going very well with his musical sense in this vid. Very cool solo work. It's great to see!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 16 2021, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's my response to Tflava's take! Thanks for the inspiration mate!

Timmez
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 16 2021, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NICE!! I don't want to highjack this thread but I wanted to say how impressed I am with Tflavas solo work here. He's been working his butt off in bootcamp and his technique is going very well with his musical sense in this vid. Very cool solo work. It's great to see!

Thanks a lot for your nice words. Have to say that all the help Here at GMC is very good and Since i rejoined the community i can see Ive growed as a musician. The mentoring with Gab and the bootcamp with you helps me a lot.
And i really like all the cool stuff and topic like collab and workout stuff
Phil66
I'll hopefully have something soon, not used to this key and the scale shapes that go with it but I'll see what I can do wink.gif
Storm Linnebjerg
Here's a take:

Solo without backing:
Click to view attachment

Solo with backing:
Click to view attachment
Todd Simpson
Very cool backing gabe!

Guitar only no delay
Click to view attachment

full mix
Click to view attachment

video preview
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jul 16 2021, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool Victor!! It's great to find your take here! Please share your vid so I can prepare my video response.

Thanks for joining!!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 16 2021, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a take:

Solo without backing:
Click to view attachment

Solo with backing:
Click to view attachment

Yeah! Very inspiring lines Cael! It is a pleasure to jam with you again. smile.gif

Thanks mate!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 17 2021, 04:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very cool backing gabe!

Guitar only no delay
Click to view attachment

full mix
Click to view attachment

video preview

Beautiful solo Todd! I like the balance between melody and shredding! Can't wait to record my video response. biggrin.gif

Thanks for joining!
Todd Simpson
Glad you like it! I wanted to try to create more of a balance on this one and not just blaze through the whole thing. Been trying to do that more and more lately. If I don't restrain myself a bit, it's tempting to just burn at full chat for an entire solo which can get boring for the audience as it lacks any kind of dynamics. I front loaded the shred instead of building to it, which is backwards of what I often do. I can't wait to hear your response! Also I tried using way less gain than usual and I'm on the neck pickup which I rarely use.

This is my first vid with my new S470 IBANEZ and she did well smile.gif These guitars can be had for under $500 which makes them the bargain of the Ibby world. smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 17 2021, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool Victor!! It's great to find your take here! Please share your vid so I can prepare my video response.

Thanks for joining!!

Yeah! Very inspiring lines Cael! It is a pleasure to jam with you again. smile.gif

Thanks mate!

Beautiful solo Todd! I like the balance between melody and shredding! Can't wait to record my video response. biggrin.gif

Thanks for joining!

Timmez
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 16 2021, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a take:

Solo without backing:
Click to view attachment

Solo with backing:
Click to view attachment

nice melodic playing man

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 17 2021, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very cool backing gabe!

Guitar only no delay
Click to view attachment

full mix
Click to view attachment

video preview

nice one Todd, Cool sweeping at the beginning
Todd Simpson
Its my fave sweep shape smile.gif Very easy to pull off. here is the tab
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

QUOTE (tflava @ Jul 18 2021, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice melodic playing man

nice one Todd, Cool sweeping at the beginning

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 17 2021, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad you like it! I wanted to try to create more of a balance on this one and not just blaze through the whole thing. Been trying to do that more and more lately. If I don't restrain myself a bit, it's tempting to just burn at full chat for an entire solo which can get boring for the audience as it lacks any kind of dynamics. I front loaded the shred instead of building to it, which is backwards of what I often do. I can't wait to hear your response! Also I tried using way less gain than usual and I'm on the neck pickup which I rarely use.

This is my first vid with my new S470 IBANEZ and she did well smile.gif These guitars can be had for under $500 which makes them the bargain of the Ibby world. smile.gif

That's cool Todd! Congrats on your new guitar. It sounds and looks great. I think that I'll have to play some Sweep Picking in my response. biggrin.gif

I'm preparing the project to record my responses to Victor, Cael, and Todd. Are there any more takes coming?
MonkeyDAthos
Haven't been able to play the guitar for this past month and half. This was a good excuse to do it.
Todd Simpson
Very cool solo!!
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jul 19 2021, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haven't been able to play the guitar for this past month and half. This was a good excuse to do it.

BEN: Loved it!! I think mine may stick out a bit, but I hope gabe can make it work smile.gif
Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 20 2021, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BEN: Loved it!! I think mine may stick out a bit, but I hope gabe can make it work smile.gif

Thanks, Todd! I tried to keep it slow and melodic. Yours will be a "change" from that, and maybe that's not a bad thing! cool.gif
Victor Simion
ClaudioStrat
Hi,

sorry took me a while but still "on tour"/holiday mode so tech is limited biggrin.gif

here is my attempt

Guitar+Backing
Click to view attachment

Guitar only
Click to view attachment

cheers
Todd Simpson
That was my attempt at melodic and slow smile.gif I restarined myself from shredding it but that sweep seemed to fit so well I just had to do it! smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 19 2021, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, Todd! I tried to keep it slow and melodic. Yours will be a "change" from that, and maybe that's not a bad thing! cool.gif

Very cool solo!! Great to see you doing solo work!! Also love that axe!!!
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Jul 20 2021, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

sorry took me a while but still "on tour"/holiday mode so tech is limited biggrin.gif

cheers

Very cool!! Its awesome to see you soloing!!

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jul 20 2021, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jul 20 2021, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool Victor!! Thanks for the video!! smile.gif

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Jul 20 2021, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Thanks Claudio! That's an interesting solo mate. I like your phrasing and tone here. I can't wait to start jamming along with your take.
jstcrsn
I was actually getting ready to record and caught the Covid ... Give me a couple of days
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jul 16 2021, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for joining Victor!! I really enjoyed jamming with you!

MonkeyDAthos
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 21 2021, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was actually getting ready to record and caught the Covid ... Give me a couple of days

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Take care of yourself man!
Timmez
Hope you get a good recovery from the COVID.

Here is my second take. I also put my first take here without delay.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

greetz Tim
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 21 2021, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Take care mate!

QUOTE (tflava @ Jul 22 2021, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hope you get a good recovery from the COVID.

Here is my second take. I also put my first take here without delay.

greetz Tim

Nice one Tim! It's great to find a second take of yours. Your phrasing is vey tasteful here, I can't wait to record my response!
Steve Gilfield
I'm glad to participate again, and I can't wait to listen to everyone's take on this Dream-Theater-inspired backing track smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Phil66
Some great takes here folks,

I've been out of action for a week or so, life/work/injury but here is my first take. I struggled to come up with anything for this, I couldn't get into the feeling of it for some reason.

I didn't know whether I should play with gaps for you Gab but that was even harder so I just did an improv, I hope it's okay wink.gif

Anyway, here it is.

https://youtu.be/H2F90Z7WCMA

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jul 22 2021, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm glad to participate again, and I can't wait to listen to everyone's take on this Dream-Theater-inspired backing track smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Wou! Those bends are so tight man, and that final harmonization makes me want to add some Brian May style lines! Let's see what happens when I start jamming over this one. Thanks a lot!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 22 2021, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Phil!! These are very beautiful lines my friend. I can hear my responses while listening to this one. I'll record them soon. Thanks a lot for joining!!

Thanks Cael!!! I could hear some nice Petrucci vibes in your solo.

jstcrsn
This so much fun, time consuming , yes.. Gabe thanks for pushing us, taking your time to always edit these and comment , help and inspire us . The web has no better instructor. To all the Dudes joining this, Your takes are great and watching your growth, well, what else could be expected when you have these instructors at GMC.. Now enough Oprah , lets get back to guitar
Gabriel Leopardi
Thanks for your nice words Justin!! That's a very expressive take man! I'll use lots of emotive bends in my take as well! Thanks for joining!!

Thanks Todd!!! You rock mate. Here we have the shreddy section! biggrin.gif

jstcrsn
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 24 2021, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your nice words Justin!! That's a very expressive take man! I'll use lots of emotive bends in my take as well! Thanks for joining!!

Those harmonies were.................. Perfect
Todd Simpson
WOW. That was amazing. The licks were spot on and the harmonies were just awesome. That harmony bit at the end wrapped it all up and made the whole thing work as a composition. I also like how you threw in licks that actually reminded me of things that I'd done in previous takes. I think your a little bit psychic! This is my fave one ever.

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 23 2021, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gabriel Leopardi
Thanks for your nice words Todd!! I really enjoyed recording that solo and jamming with you.

This collab is very inspiring!

Thanks Claudio!!

Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 24 2021, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wou! Those bends are so tight man, and that final harmonization makes me want to add some Brian May style lines! Let's see what happens when I start jamming over this one. Thanks a lot!

Hi Phil!! These are very beautiful lines my friend. I can hear my responses while listening to this one. I'll record them soon. Thanks a lot for joining!!

Thanks Cael!!! I could hear some nice Petrucci vibes in your solo.

Nice, Gabriel! I appreciate you mentioning the Petrucci vibes. I wouldn't say I had it in mind, but he's certainly one of my big influences smile.gif
Todd Simpson
That's one of my fave solos of yours Ben and Gabes work on top of it was pretty much perfect. Amazing combo you guys!!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 24 2021, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice, Gabriel! I appreciate you mentioning the Petrucci vibes. I wouldn't say I had it in mind, but he's certainly one of my big influences smile.gif

Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 24 2021, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah! Our influences are in everything we do! Thanks again mate. wink.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 24 2021, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's one of my fave solos of yours Ben and Gabes work on top of it was pretty much perfect. Amazing combo you guys!!

Thanks Todd!!
ClaudioStrat
Very nice Gabri!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 24 2021, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your nice words Todd!! I really enjoyed recording that solo and jamming with you.

This collab is very inspiring!

Thanks Claudio!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.