Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Therion
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
The Uncreator
Check these amazing Metal heads, there isnt a band like them in the world, they combine heavy metal riffage with classical compositions into one beautiful piece of music, they are among my favorite bands, and i recently just popped in "Gothic Kabbalah" and "Crowning Of Atlantis" just because its been awhile, and it reminded me how much i admire these guys and the musicians they work with, just awesome, check this out.

Therion - To Mega Therion
Therion - The Rise Of Sodom And Gomorrah
Therion - Birth Of Venus Illegitima
JVM
They're pretty cool. Extremely epic, a little too much for me, just a bit over the top. I like the music but I can't really get into the whole epic stuff.
FretDancer69
im gonna check them out. I remember that Kris said that his guitar teacher was from that band. Im not sure if he's still in the band tho,
lost-jgs
i ha
Sergeant_Ant
that was pretty epic smile.gif
Hungus
They have their moments but to be honest I think they are abit hungus.... Like To Mega Therion makes me crack up I just cant take it seriously
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Aug 23 2007, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im gonna check them out. I remember that Kris said that his guitar teacher was from that band. Im not sure if he's still in the band tho,

Yes he is still there - Kristian Niemann! biggrin.gif
The Uncreator
^ Are you Serious?!?!?!

Thats awesome!!!
I love his Technique so much!!!

You should get him to make a guest appearance or a guest Lesson on GMC!! smile.gif
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 24 2007, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ Are you Serious?!?!?!
Thats awesome!!!
I love his Technique so much!!!

You should get him to make a guest appearance or a guest Lesson on GMC!! smile.gif

Yes that would be awesome and not impossible. smile.gif

He is a legato player not from this earth - actually Roo reminds me a little of him!

Kristofer
The Uncreator
Yeah i noticed!! smile.gif , the Solo to "Gothic Kabbalah" on the new album is Unreal!! the technique and composition and structure of the solo is just brilliant!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.