Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Do You Gmcers Look Like ?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Hemlok
Me sitting at my desk, drinking Amsterdam Mariner $28 a carton biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

Barbera wub.gif My lovely Gibson Les Paul
Click to view attachment

My Jackson Warrior the spiky beast guitar. smile.gif
Click to view attachment

And just for good measure, a pic of me dressed up for a game of lawn bowls. I took home 2 bottles of wine for best dressed smile.gif Oh and this picture has been edited slightly I think it looks cool.
Click to view attachment
timono
wanted to upload an photo of me but i don't know how to resize it so it was way too big

please help me out
Hemlok
http://www.imageshack.us

When you upload you can select a resize, anything under 600x800 should be good
timono
well thanks for the help

here is the photo of me with my old guitar (gibsan look-a-like)

Click to view attachment
Kristofer Dahl
Hehe this is awesome - really nice to be able to connect usernames with real life pictures.

Oh and I am not going to upload mine, you have already seen way to much of me! biggrin.gif (And I don't have any pets!)
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Aug 25 2007, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and at the same bar a year later (few weeks ago, it was a good bar!!) doing my party trick...

laugh.gif smile.gif huh.gif blink.gif smile.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Hemlok
He must be one of very few who are able to do that.
Iluha
Deeproots that was just.... *bursts into tears*, god that's insane. Take a video of yourself doing it!
Robin
QUOTE (Dansol @ Aug 25 2007, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And a couple of action shots ..........

COOL!
Scott Gentzen
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Aug 25 2007, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ha ha I think I get that joke tongue.gif

Oops.

QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 25 2007, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm left handed and I have been my whole life, but playing guitar right handed isn't really a problem for me. It probably won't be if you start young smile.gif

I'm left handed too. I don't play left handed though. Some things just don't work for me left handed and guitar's one of them. That's probably a good thing...looks like shopping for lefty guitars is a pain. I know that it was a pain dealing with lefty scissors in school.
Scott Gentzen
Here's me. Orlando, Florida, Jan 2006. I spend a lot more time on the backside of a camera than in front.

Slammer
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Aug 25 2007, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol no problem smile.gif It was kinda slammers idea to make the thread so I basically only get half the credit for making it smile.gif

Yeah, I think up ideas for threads, and I talk ESJ into making them tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif cool.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (Robin @ Aug 25 2007, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
COOL!

Yay! Cool Avatar Robin smile.gif
DeepRoots
LOL @ everyone! i didn't know i was such a freak!! laugh.gif . This was when i was in holland and it was on a 0.5 liter plastic cup. i have a few pint glasses (glass.. so i'll have to be careful there) so i'll try get a video lol. (but the real challenge is in 0.5 liter cups like the pic hehe)

BTW it hurt like hell for about half an hour afterwards...
XxLeviathanxX
Grr... I wanna upload some of mine but their HUGE!
XxLeviathanxX
how can u edit the size of a pic that is on your computer... but is a read-only file?
shredmandan
QUOTE (XxLeviathanxX @ Aug 25 2007, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how can u edit the size of a pic that is on your computer... but is a read-only file?

There plenty of websites that you can resize your pictures for free and even some have been mentioned in this post. were's one i use www.shrinkpictures.com .All you have to do is scroll down then there will be a section that says browse,click it and it will let you search through your computer for pictures you want to shrink (one at a time).After you pick the pickure you want just go down to finish,you dont have to mess with the pixels and size as it is already set to display good size.There after you click to do it you will get a finished product,right click the picture with your mouse and select save as.Type what ever you want to save picture as then all you have to do is upload it on here its ready to go smile.gif Hope that helped and while were at it how do you get those video type pics that you have posted???/

shredmandan
XxLeviathanxX
thx bro. By the way, that video type pic i posted was "inapropriate" and had to be changed. But i just googled "pwned" and saw it, and posted it as my signature. Nothing special lol
XxLeviathanxX
Okay, I figured it out. Anyway, here are 2 pics of me, one playing lacrosse and the other I'm playing my guitar before I left for football practice(explains the clothes)
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I saw that Eat-Sleep-and-Jam said people could post pics of where they live so i just took this pic about 5 minutes ago, from where I'm sitting

Click to view attachment
Robin
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 25 2007, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yay! Cool Avatar Robin smile.gif

Haha thank you! I thought so aswell xD
shredmandan
QUOTE (XxLeviathanxX @ Aug 25 2007, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thx bro. By the way, that video type pic i posted was "inapropriate" and had to be changed. But i just googled "pwned" and saw it, and posted it as my signature. Nothing special lol

Thought it was funny laugh.gif But i know how to post as your signiture but i was asking how you get those vid's in motion that continue to play on your post?Like i tryed to download a picure of a flame that was moving and onc i posted it on here it didnt move just looked like a pic rather than a 3 sec motion video.does this make since to anyone? tongue.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 25 2007, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thought it was funny laugh.gif But i know how to post as your signiture but i was asking how you get those vid's in motion that continue to play on your post?Like i tryed to download a picure of a flame that was moving and onc i posted it on here it didnt move just looked like a pic rather than a 3 sec motion video.does this make since to anyone? tongue.gif

Dan, they are animated gifs - you need to find a good one than you treat it just the same as any regular picture - the animation is built in, the trick is finding a cool one smile.gif

@XxLeviathanxX - thanks for changing your sig smile.gif
XxLeviathanxX
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 26 2007, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, that happened 2 me when i tried to post a vid of some fat chick falling off of a bike. I guess it just worked b/c it was a picture file and not a video file?

ps-no problem Andrew smile.gif
shredmandan
Thanks guys smile.gif
I am going to go find some more of those video looking pics and try to get themto work.Do you have to have something like micromedia flash tongue.gif or something like that for them to work? Im trying to teach my 6 year old girl how to play guitar right now and she'smad because she cant play like me .I asked her how long she had been playing guitar she said 30 mins laugh.gif I told her i have been playing for twice her life time and i stil cant play everything i want and showed her Marcus' advanced lesson. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
RobM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 25 2007, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There plenty of websites that you can resize your pictures for free and even some have been mentioned in this post. were's one i use www.shrinkpictures.com .All you have to do is scroll down then there will be a section that says browse,click it and it will let you search through your computer for pictures you want to shrink (one at a time).After you pick the pickure you want just go down to finish,you dont have to mess with the pixels and size as it is already set to display good size.There after you click to do it you will get a finished product,right click the picture with your mouse and select save as.Type what ever you want to save picture as then all you have to do is upload it on here its ready to go smile.gif Hope that helped and while were at it how do you get those video type pics that you have posted???/

shredmandan

You can geyt an image resizer right off of the microsoft site, power toys section, called image resizer powertoy setup.

Hope I helped, HP also has one in their hp image zone.
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Thanks guys smile.gif
I am going to go find some more of those video looking pics and try to get themto work.Do you have to have something like micromedia flash tongue.gif or something like that for them to work? Im trying to teach my 6 year old girl how to play guitar right now and she'smad because she cant play like me .I asked her how long she had been playing guitar she said 30 mins laugh.gif I told her i have been playing for twice her life time and i stil cant play everything i want and showed her Marcus' advanced lesson. biggrin.gif

Attached Image

Thats adorable smile.gif Your a good man to try to be teaching your little girl such a popular yet magical art smile.gif

As for the resizing of images , http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ this link found by Andrew imo is the easiest way to resize pictures smile.gif

- John
XxLeviathanxX
Just for fun, here r some pics of my puppy. lol

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
shredmandan
QUOTE (XxLeviathanxX @ Aug 25 2007, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

laugh.gif
Thats awesome.Its like the first pic is bad dog and seond one is good dog laugh.gif Top pick looks like its ready to eat your fingers off
XxLeviathanxX
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 26 2007, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif
Thats awesome.Its like the first pic is bad dog and seond one is good dog laugh.gif Top pick looks like its ready to eat your fingers off

lol yeah... her name is Muffin nand she's only 2.5 lbs. lol
Robin
QUOTE (XxLeviathanxX @ Aug 26 2007, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Click to view attachment

Your PUPPY??? THATS A DEMON GOD DAMNIT! AAAAAARRRRHHHH!!

*Scared*
Eat-Sleep-andJam
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 25 2007, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif

wow im scared biggrin.gif . Maybe if I can Ill post a picture of my cats on here smile.gif

- John
Hungus
This post has been removed
Eat-Sleep-andJam
QUOTE (Hungus @ Aug 25 2007, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yhea im just glad that me and my mates I go out drinkin with are 6 foot+ hahahaha (size means nothing really)

God im nailed right now (its 7 in the morning and im still up!) but I remember back in the day when bloody poodles scared the buggery out of me!!!

ha ha ha Idk what you were applying the size matters to , and Id wanna know biggrin.gif

- John
SLASH91
dang, its not working. mad.gif Oh well
Eat-Sleep-andJam
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Aug 26 2007, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dang, its not working. mad.gif Oh well

What are you having problems with ?
fkalich
Yes, that is a pick in my mouth. Scampy is my last addition. The rest of the family from an earlier picture is in the second picture.
ch00ch00man
Dude!!!!! I dog against eight cats? That hardly seems fair to me. wink.gif

Boris
Andrew Cockburn
Latest addition? Thought you already had, was it 8? And that was absolutely the maximum smile.gif
fkalich
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 26 2007, 04:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Latest addition? Thought you already had, was it 8? And that was absolutely the maximum smile.gif

actually the sane limit is 6. I have 8, you see 7 in the lower picture, and Scampy at top.
RobM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 26 2007, 05:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We have one cat, My Black lab got sick with the pet food thing and we had to put him down a few months ago, he was only 7. Really ticks me off that I can't sue the dog food company and get some revenge for him. They are sheletered from any real law suit and from any crimes because it was only a dog. POS purchasing agent should be shot for using inferior ingredients from china! Sorry but I really miss my dog.
fkalich
QUOTE (ch00ch00man @ Aug 26 2007, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude!!!!! I dog against eight cats? That hardly seems fair to me. wink.gif

Boris

BoBo likes dogs, he grew up going to the dog park every day. But I know he would not want another dog in the house, he likes dogs, but likes being an only dog. All he has ever know is cats (I had 6 when I got him as a puppy) so he just considers cats as part of the normal scenery. I would never feel sorry for BoBo, he gets to go everywhere with me, basically if I can't take BoBo, I probably don't go.

QUOTE (RobM @ Aug 26 2007, 05:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have one cat, My Black lab got sick with the pet food thing and we had to put him down a few months ago, he was only 7. Really ticks me off that I can't sue the dog food company and get some revenge for him. They are sheletered from any real law suit and from any crimes because it was only a dog. POS purchasing agent should be shot for using inferior ingredients from china! Sorry but I really miss my dog.

That is sad. I suggest that you get on the Humane Society's web site and join their mailing list. They are a powerful lobby, and work to get animal protection laws passed in congress effectively. For example, they are responsible for making dog fighting a federal offense, passing laws to that the next time we have a disaster relief workers are required to save the pets, all kinds of things. They notify you when they need you to email your congressman and senator, make it easy for you. You are right, traditionally pets have had little protection, and they are family to us, and deserve a great deal more protection. The humane society is the main force working towards that end.

edit: The advise that my father gave me years ago when I called him, crying when my dog had died, was "get another one". I feel that way, you will always remember your lab, but there is another dog out there that needs you, and I am sure your lab would want you to take him in.
Hungus
This post has been removed
Eat-Sleep-andJam
QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 26 2007, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, that is a pick in my mouth. Scampy is my last addition. The rest of the family from an earlier picture is in the second picture.

Ahh beautiful cat, looks like a real charmer smile.gif And as for the rest of your animals, Wow ! Your a die hard animal lover ! I only have 2 cats myself but I wouldnt more then that because im allergies would start to get worse smile.gif
Nice family you got there though smile.gif

QUOTE (RobM @ Aug 26 2007, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats sad and I heard about that sad.gif. Im sorry for your lose but the truth is were all dying arent we ?
QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 26 2007, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BoBo likes dogs, he grew up going to the dog park every day. But I know he would not want another dog in the house, he likes dogs, but likes being an only dog. All he has ever know is cats (I had 6 when I got him as a puppy) so he just considers cats as part of the normal scenery. I would never feel sorry for BoBo, he gets to go everywhere with me, basically if I can't take BoBo, I probably don't go.
That is sad. I suggest that you get on the Humane Society's web site and join their mailing list. They are a powerful lobby, and work to get animal protection laws passed in congress effectively. For example, they are responsible for making dog fighting a federal offense, passing laws to that the next time we have a disaster relief workers are required to save the pets, all kinds of things. They notify you when they need you to email your congressman and senator, make it easy for you. You are right, traditionally pets have had little protection, and they are family to us, and deserve a great deal more protection. The humane society is the main force working towards that end.

edit: The advise that my father gave me years ago when I called him, crying when my dog had died, was "get another one". I feel that way, you will always remember your lab, but there is another dog out there that needs you, and I am sure your lab would want you to take him in.

There are many isssues in everyday society like this. It truely is sad and you should do what fkalich said RobM.

- John
XxLeviathanxX
I had my cat put down after 11 years b/c toward the end of her life, she kept pissing in my clean clothes piles and it pissed me off. Plus she was old and had bad hips.
SDMF75
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 25 2007, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know
I thought my daughter could just try to learn right handed anyway especially since she used both hands to write starting out but she gets funny about it when i try and get her to tun it around.She really doesnt play,i dont pressure her but she just doesnt pay attention when i try and teach her something.Sheloves using the words i know i know dad. tongue.gif So i just decided to wait till shes older or if she asks me i will show her.

I feel ya man. My son is 5 and I got him started on guitar about 4 months ago. He's hot and cold with it but when I try to show him something he'll just walk away. One day he walked to the other side of the room and turned his back to me. Pretty frustrating but I don't pressure him. I have started doing my own video lessons just for him and that works OK since he's able to watch it while I'm at work. It's crazy that he's 5 and he already thinks that me and my wife know nothing and he knows it all. I've gotten to where I don't really show him much of anything.....I just let him plug into my amp and make as much noise as he wants. I just feel like if he picks it up for just 5 minutes everyday it'll make a difference in a few years. On the left handed deal _ I'm left handed and felt totally comfortable holding a guitar left handed but realized before I ever got one that right handed would just make things easier if I could adjust. I knew that I was getting my first axe for Christmas when I was 13 so I had this plastic henchmans axe from Halloween that year that I started holding as if it were a guitar right handed and by the time I had my own I had adjusted to the feel of holding a guitar that way. Worked for me and that henchmans axe made feel like Gene Simmons when I was holding it tongue.gif
RobM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 26 2007, 06:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the sentiment and I will look them up and see what they are all about. We have been thinking about getting a "Sheltie" but my wife is not ready for another dog yet. She was the one who didn't want to get a god in the first place, then it was she who the dog was attached to the modt, lol. She won't admit it but she really loved that dog.
SLASH91
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Aug 26 2007, 03:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are you having problems with ?

My pictures from photobucket.com wont appear on my post for some reason. In place of the picture it just keeps on saying [img].
Eat-Sleep-andJam
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Aug 26 2007, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My pictures from photobucket.com wont appear on my post for some reason. In place of the picture it just keeps on saying [img].

Ok well if you copy link location on the picture with a right click of the mouse and paste the link on the little tree button icon It will upload the picture smile.gif

-John
shredmandan
QUOTE (SDMF75 @ Aug 26 2007, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel ya man. My son is 5 and I got him started on guitar about 4 months ago. He's hot and cold with it but when I try to show him something he'll just walk away. One day he walked to the other side of the room and turned his back to me. Pretty frustrating but I don't pressure him. I have started doing my own video lessons just for him and that works OK since he's able to watch it while I'm at work. It's crazy that he's 5 and he already thinks that me and my wife know nothing and he knows it all. I've gotten to where I don't really show him much of anything.....I just let him plug into my amp and make as much noise as he wants. I just feel like if he picks it up for just 5 minutes everyday it'll make a difference in a few years. On the left handed deal _ I'm left handed and felt totally comfortable holding a guitar left handed but realized before I ever got one that right handed would just make things easier if I could adjust. I knew that I was getting my first axe for Christmas when I was 13 so I had this plastic henchmans axe from Halloween that year that I started holding as if it were a guitar right handed and by the time I had my own I had adjusted to the feel of holding a guitar that way. Worked for me and that henchmans axe made feel like Gene Simmons when I was holding it tongue.gif

Awesome dude
So your left handed and play right?Man i can relate to what you say about your son so much,especially the part were he knows more than you and your wife put together laugh.gif .Whats going on now a days?I didnt knwo everything till i was 13 laugh.gif its picking up much quicker these days.My daughter just turned 6 in July and the past few months i will be honest it has been a nightmare sad.gif Breaks my heart because i have to disapline her so much but she doesnt listen to anything i say ,i could say dont do this and before that same minute is up she would do it.As for the guitar i thinjk thats the best way to go about it like you are right now.I let my girl just play around like that on a cheap acoustic and it seems if you just let them do it and dont try to make them learn something thats when they want to blink.gif .One thing i do though is never let her play my electric,.i tell her she must learn to play on acoustic first and tell her if she learns i will buy her any guitar she wants.I would to man just to have her and one day my son play i would sell everything i got to go buy them any guitar they would like just to have them dedicated to something and keep them out of trouble,well atleast some trouble laugh.gif Thanks for your post man enjoyed reading it,nice to know when you can relate to someone biggrin.gif

shredmandan
SLASH91

Ok, this is me. Sorry, about the huge image.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.