Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E Pentatonic Creation
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > INSTRUCTORS > Gabriel Leopardi
richgrafx
After learning your Pentatonic Rock lesson, I thought I would try to compose something in E Pentatonic. It's short and not too sweet but it's a start.
JVM
Sounds really good! I like your riff, it reminds me of like a bruce springsteen thing or something. Maybe the lead part is a little too loud, but I really like it.
richgrafx
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 27 2007, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds really good! I like your riff, it reminds me of like a bruce springsteen thing or something. Maybe the lead part is a little too loud, but I really like it.

My recording skills are extremely lacking. I am going to lower the volume on the lead and repost. Thanks for the advice.
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (richgrafx @ Aug 27 2007, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My recording skills are extremely lacking. I am going to lower the volume on the lead and repost. Thanks for the advice.

Great job! Please upload the new mix and I tell you some tips about this idea.

gabriel.-
richgrafx
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 27 2007, 04:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great job! Please upload the new mix and I tell you some tips about this idea.

gabriel.-

Hey Gabriel. I actually already posted the revised version. I just replaced the first version that I posted.

I am currently using a Line6 Toneport to connect my quitar into Acid Pro. I have no concept of mixing and mastering.
JVM
Sounds better to me! Not to be nitpicky but you were slightly off beat at one point in the intro, which is a pretty important part tongue.gif It's a cool riff though.
richgrafx
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 27 2007, 05:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds better to me! Not to be nitpicky but you were slightly off beat at one point in the intro, which is a pretty important part tongue.gif It's a cool riff though.

The pickier the better. I just did version 3 and replaced my first post. Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.

I am hoping that Gabriel is going to give me some tips on composition and recording. His lessons are the main reason that I joined this site and I must say that it was money well spent.
kahall
Since it is better than I am able to play at this point, I have no advice, but I like it. And I did listen to the first one earlier and the last one does sound more polished. I would go ahead and finish it.
JVM
It sounds better every time smile.gif

What it really needs is some bass now.
Gabriel Leopardi
I really like the intro riff! I think that it would sound better if you add 3 points to the tempo (just a suggestion smile.gif )

Well, I think that you should continue this idea and create a song!

gabriel.-

pd: What mic and soft are you using to record it? The lead guitar seams to has been recorded directly conected from the amp to line in.
richgrafx
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 27 2007, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really like the intro riff! I think that it would sound better if you add 3 points to the tempo (just a suggestion smile.gif )

Well, I think that you should continue this idea and create a song!

gabriel.-

pd: What mic and soft are you using to record it? The lead guitar seams to has been recorded directly conected from the amp to line in.

I use a Line6 Toneport to connect my quitar via usb into Line6 Gearbox (mic/amp sim). I record using Acid Pro.

I will rerecord with your recommended faster tempo and I will use a different Gearbox sim for the solo.

Concerning creating a song, do you have a suggested chord progression that you feel would work as a chorus or bridge?

Thanks for your time,
Rich
Iluha
QUOTE (richgrafx @ Aug 30 2007, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use a Line6 Toneport to connect my quitar via usb into Line6 Gearbox (mic/amp sim). I record using Acid Pro.

I will rerecord with your recommended faster tempo and I will use a different Gearbox sim for the solo.

Concerning creating a song, do you have a suggested chord progression that you feel would work as a chorus or bridge?

Thanks for your time,
Rich

I have a suggestion for a chord progression for the chorus, rather simple but it should work smile.gif, basiclly it's C, D, Em, G(all In power chord form)

Ok now I got a diffrent suggestion for the chorus. I think it's better, so it's B, A, B, E, B, A, B, E(but an octave higher), and avecourse all basic power chords.
richgrafx
QUOTE (Iluha @ Aug 29 2007, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a suggestion for a chord progression for the chorus, rather simple but it should work smile.gif, basiclly it's C, D, Em, G(all In power chord form)

Ok now I got a diffrent suggestion for the chorus. I think it's better, so it's B, A, B, E, B, A, B, E(but an octave higher), and avecourse all basic power chords.

I like the BABE progression but when I tried to make it fit in with the existing I found myself making a slight change. I am posting a mp3 of my midi file with the new arrangement before I rerecord. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for the response.
JVM
Are you still going to record this?
richgrafx
QUOTE (JVM @ Sep 1 2007, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you still going to record this?

It's been a bad week. Had a coworker pass away this week and the funeral was today. Finally sat down tonight to record and within 5 minutes I pop my A string. blink.gif Now I just spent 20 minutes looking through my junk and I have no strings on hand. mad.gif I will reload and try again tomorrow if the guitar shop here is open on sunday.
Nick325
QUOTE (richgrafx @ Sep 2 2007, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's been a bad week. Had a coworker pass away this week and the funeral was today.

sorry to hear that sad.gif
richgrafx
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Sep 2 2007, 05:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry to hear that sad.gif

Thanks Nick. She was a brutally honest person and a hard worker. She treated everyone with respect and everyone respected her. As per her request, the funeral was a celebration of life. It was her parting gift.
symon
wow i really like this tune very catchy maybe you could dedicate it to your co worker to celebrate her glorious life
sending you love and light symon
richgrafx
Thanks Symon, that is an excellent idea. My only concern is that the piece does not do her justice.
symon
QUOTE (richgrafx @ Sep 2 2007, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Symon, that is an excellent idea. My only concern is that the piece does not do her justice.

i am sure that when you are finished it will
love and light symon
richgrafx
I just completed my rerecord. I appreciate the tips provided by everybody. I hope it is alright if I post it on the recording forum as well as here.
Nick325
nice job what did u use for the drums? and did u use bass?
richgrafx
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Sep 3 2007, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice job what did u use for the drums? and did u use bass?

I did the bass and drums in guitar pro. I no very little about either so the drum is just a standard 8 beat and the bass did little more than use the root or octave to follow the bass drum. Hopefully my mix reveals some hint of the bass.
Nick325
ok
Gabriel Leopardi
Hey Man! Good job. The guitar sound is better now! The lead guitar sound in the sytle of Satriani smile.gif
I really like the idea. I'll will tell you some suggestions:
Talking about the music I would add some lead guitar hamonizations (thirds, octaves, etc) in the chorus.
Talking about mixing: The bass is a bit high and the rhymic guitar too. The lead guitar should be louder.

GOOD JOB!

gabriel
richgrafx
Hi Gabriel,

I took your advice and added some harmonizations in 3rds but I have messed with the mix so much that I am sick of hearing this thing. Any chance you could do a video demo of recording/mixing/mastering tips?

I think I am going to walk away from this thing for a while.

Thanks again,
Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.