Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Solos
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Marcus Lavendell
Stevie-Ray-Vaughn
Hey, ive been practicing your lessons over and over and im wondering, how do you get your solos to sound so good? like epic and spacey? do you just improvise? im just wondering because my solos sound the same in every song i write, just in a different key. Do you have any tips on how to make my solos sound more interesting like yours? Help much appreciated biggrin.gif
Nick325
learn more licks and improvise i guess
shredmandan
Well i see thats it's asked to marcus but nick posted so i will atleast give you my opinion.Its his vibrato smile.gif it gives his solo's life and and soul.You here how he bends some of these notes and it just makes it sound in a world of it own like no one else here?Its a killer vibrato that you can do if you work on it hard enough,thats my opinion cause i wanted to know the same thing when i first saw his first lesson and now i know thats what it is. smile.gif
Nick325
o sry i didnt see it was asked to marcus
Ryan
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 28 2007, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well i see thats it's asked to marcus but nick posted so i will atleast give you my opinion.Its his vibrato smile.gif it gives his solo's life and and soul.You here how he bends some of these notes and it just makes it sound in a world of it own like no one else here?Its a killer vibrato that you can do if you work on it hard enough,thats my opinion cause i wanted to know the same thing when i first saw his first lesson and now i know thats what it is. smile.gif

Try some effects man. Chorus, reverb, and a bit of delay. See if that cant help out with the sound.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.