Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crazy 12 Year Old Boy Plays Srv's Version Of Texas Flood
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
Robin
If someone took this sound clip and showed me, I would have thought it was SRV himself playing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xoyqmTHiMNM&...ted&search=
The Uncreator
Yeah ive seen it before, kids defientl got some talent.
Nick325
wow
shredmandan
That was amazing biggrin.gif He had to have started playing atleast by 8 at the latest.
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Some real talent guitar wise. I dont think he has the best voice and I also think puberty might actually destroy his voice.

- John
Robin
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Sep 8 2007, 03:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some real talent guitar wise. I dont think he has the best voice and I also think puberty might actually destroy his voice.
- John

I think he sings pretty good for a twelve year old.

His playing is amazing, but I hope he change style. Because he will never get anywhere if he continue to copy SRV's style. Still, its pretty amazing.
Eat-Sleep-andJam
QUOTE (Robin @ Sep 7 2007, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he sings pretty good for a twelve year old.

His playing is amazing, but I hope he change style. Because he will never get anywhere if he continue to copy SRV's style. Still, its pretty amazing.

Yeah for where he is music wise, I think hes in the worng era tongue.gif

=John=
Rob_g
wasen't a big fan of those big shred runs, but that kids pretty good.
FretDancer69
wow, he's amazing, thanks for sharing! smile.gif
shredmandan
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Sep 7 2007, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
- John

laugh.gif
Man Puberty is destroying are hope of music in the future. laugh.gif
tongue.gif JK
Muris Varajic
This kid is great!!
You can't expect rough voice from 12 years old tho wink.gif
fkalich
QUOTE (muris @ Sep 16 2007, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This kid is great!!
You can't expect rough voice from 12 years old tho wink.gif

I'm inspired. I figure if a blond headed blue eyed kid from northern Europe can sing blues, what is to stop me from singing Chinese Opera? Big market for that genre. Maybe I will make it big, wish me luck.
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 16 2007, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm inspired. I figure if a blond headed blue eyed kid from northern Europe can sing blues, what is to stop me from singing Chinese Opera? Big market for that genre. Maybe I will make it big, wish me luck.

Wish you luck for sure,I LOVE Chinese Opera! cool.gif
mattacuk
Awsome vid robin - hes sure going to get the babes when he gets older laugh.gif
Owen
All talent but no doubt nothing new, you wont have seen any more of him twenty years down the line - he'll end up some session musician somewhere.
FretDancer69
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 16 2007, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awsome vid robin - hes sure going to get the babes when he gets older laugh.gif

no joke there! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Owen @ Sep 16 2007, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All talent but no doubt nothing new, you wont have seen any more of him twenty years down the line - he'll end up some session musician somewhere.

im not sure i get what you mean.. huh.gif
Hungus
Thats pretty amazing... He deffinitly has talent, he just needs to stop playing SRV.
FretDancer69
QUOTE (Hungus @ Sep 16 2007, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats pretty amazing... He deffinitly has talent, he just needs to stop playing SRV.

we all definately have to come up with our own style.. But why should he stop playing SRV? huh.gif
Mrblomme
That's pretty awesome biggrin.gif
Hungus
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Sep 17 2007, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we all definately have to come up with our own style.. But why should he stop playing SRV? huh.gif

Well last time I checked Stevie Ray Vaughn is dead..... not a 12 year old blond kid...
FretDancer69
QUOTE (Hungus @ Sep 19 2007, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well last time I checked Stevie Ray Vaughn is dead..... not a 12 year old blond kid...

yeah, but theres nothing wrong playing somebody else's music. And he's just 12 anyway.
misterj
QUOTE (Hungus @ Sep 19 2007, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, if he were the only one to ever copy srv, i might be ok with it, but he is like the 10 billionth srv copycat out there. of course, i guess everyone copys someone, but the idea is to have a number of artists to take inspiration from so you dont sound like a carbon copy. the world will always be big enough for only one srv, and as you pointed out, he is dead, r.i.p. otherwise, i think the kid is fantastic!! i wish i could play like that at 12. i didnt even start until 15!!
Zephyr
That's amazing! I wonder how young he was when he started playing... He's an awesome singer, too, considering he's 12 years old! What is this kid going to do in the future?... whatever it is, I'm sure it's going to blow us away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.