Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Own Little Solo
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Uploads
Victafor
i made a solo while jamming with my friends! i didnt think it was that bad i want some feedback as to whether or not i should alter it! thanx
DeepRoots
QUOTE (Victafor @ Sep 15 2007, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i made a solo while jamming with my friends! i didnt think it was that bad i want some feedback as to whether or not i should alter it! thanx

its a cool etude! i love making up little things like that and moving them about the neck. Thats nice sounding- but if you wanna make it into more of a "solo" as such- try taking some of these ideas when improvising in a key you know well, (and make them diatonic to that key if they arent already) and work them in with some cool phrasing. All you need to do then is add the things that make guitar sound so cool (bending, vibrato, slides etc) and use some of those patterns you came up with in passing or for a longer cycle to add tension. But remember to resolve all your ideas with something that sounds "finished" in your head (for me i'll work my way out of the lick, add some more phrasing and try to land on the root note with some bending and vibrato)

Cool stuff nice job cool.gif
Victafor
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Sep 15 2007, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its a cool etude! i love making up little things like that and moving them about the neck. Thats nice sounding- but if you wanna make it into more of a "solo" as such- try taking some of these ideas when improvising in a key you know well, (and make them diatonic to that key if they arent already) and work them in with some cool phrasing. All you need to do then is add the things that make guitar sound so cool (bending, vibrato, slides etc) and use some of those patterns you came up with in passing or for a longer cycle to add tension. But remember to resolve all your ideas with something that sounds "finished" in your head (for me i'll work my way out of the lick, add some more phrasing and try to land on the root note with some bending and vibrato)

Cool stuff nice job cool.gif

thank you man, like i said tho, i was just jammin with my friends and made it in around 5 minutes so its hard to add all that cool jazz into my solo! besides, if i were ever to perform this song, it would be to people who have never touched a guitar and they would probably be blown away as it is! but thanx for your feed back i will try and do so
botoxfox
Cool enough
Iluha
Is that an actual recording of you playing? if yes then I'm very impressed about how even sounding you'r notes come out!

It's a nice little idea, which you could use for some song.
KRmachine
I think that's just powertab playing it out for him.

Anyway, you had some cool sequences in there, but as DeepRoots said, try to resolve your musical ideas instead of just abruptly ending them. A good way to do this is just to play 7-1 single notes (7th note in the scale followed by the 1st note) to get back to where you started. Of course there are many ways to do this, play around until you find something that fits.
Victafor
QUOTE (Iluha @ Sep 15 2007, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that an actual recording of you playing? if yes then I'm very impressed about how even sounding you'r notes come out!

It's a nice little idea, which you could use for some song.

ha thats power tab laugh.gif my tapping notes do sound very clean but the sweeps are a little dirty so im working on that. 150 bpm 16th note sweeps are a little hard for me atm laugh.gif

QUOTE (KRmachine @ Sep 15 2007, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that's just powertab playing it out for him.

Anyway, you had some cool sequences in there, but as DeepRoots said, try to resolve your musical ideas instead of just abruptly ending them. A good way to do this is just to play 7-1 single notes (7th note in the scale followed by the 1st note) to get back to where you started. Of course there are many ways to do this, play around until you find something that fits.

actually i changed around the tapping so that it matches the sweeping and i think it sounds a little better!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.