Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bending
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > INSTRUCTORS > Gabriel Leopardi
Nicholas
Hi all!

I'm currently on "John Frusciante Style Lesson" (part3) and I have a bit of trouble bending. I bend using my three fingers (the ring finger is the one I'm fretting). But as I bend, the other strings above interfere, and make an unwanted sound. Any way around this?
Also when finishing the bend with vibrato, do I carry on the vibrato using my three fingers aswell? If I do this the same thing happens... the strings above make a sound. blink.gif

cool.gif Nicholas
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Nicholas @ Sep 15 2007, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all!

I'm currently on "John Frusciante Style Lesson" (part3) and I have a bit of trouble bending. I bend using my three fingers (the ring finger is the one I'm fretting). But as I bend, the other strings above interfere, and make an unwanted sound. Any way around this?
Also when finishing the bend with vibrato, do I carry on the vibrato using my three fingers aswell? If I do this the same thing happens... the strings above make a sound. blink.gif
cool.gif Nicholas

Hi Nicholas! It's ok that you are using three fingers to bend but you have to use the palm of your right hand to mute the string that you are not playing. In this way you'll avoid undesired noises.

gabriel.-
Nicholas
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 16 2007, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Nicholas! It's ok that you are using three fingers to bend but you have to use the palm of your right hand to mute the string that you are not playing. In this way you'll avoid undesired noises.

gabriel.-

Thanks Gabriel for your helpful reply.

I'll go and practise what you've explained straight away!

cool.gif Nicholas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.