Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slayer?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
Guitarman700
Would anyone here recommend slayer? im looking for some new bands and while i dont like kerry king, theres something about this band that makes me feel compelled to listen to them. so what are your thoughts?
Robin
Slayer kicks ass. Get their album Reign in blood.
ZakkWylde
Get yourself Reign In Blood - It's a Wreckingball of an Album
The Uncreator
Reign In Blood, Hell Awaits, and South Of Heaven are all classics!!
ZakkWylde
Just keep you hands away from: Divine Intervention(without Dave Lombardo), Undisputed Attitude(Cover Album) and Diabolus in Musica(Almost Nu Metal). The rest of their records are high class or even Classics of music history.
Guitarman700
just got Reign In Blood, pretty awesome album, i like it, thanks guys. smile.gif
erik
some of their newer stuff is pretty good too. God Hates Us All has many great songs
shredmandan
Reign in Blood is one of the all time greatest threash albums of all time. smile.gif The guitar work on it is amazing!
chast
As already said get Reign in Blood and I would also recommend you to get Season in the Abyss, both albums are very good, if you are in that kind of music smile.gif
VinceG
Check out there counterpart in the east coat, Anthrax. I recently got into them and been headbanging from Among The Living album. Caught in a Mosh is a hell of a song. Although from what I hear, there kind of thrash are more hardcore in vein than the bay area scene ala Megadeth, Slayer, Exodus etc. Check em out anyway, I have a feeling you might like Anthrax as well.
kyeric
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Sep 27 2007, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just keep you hands away from: Divine Intervention(without Dave Lombardo), Undisputed Attitude(Cover Album) and Diabolus in Musica(Almost Nu Metal). The rest of their records are high class or even Classics of music history.

I actually like DI and DIM.

However, HA, RIB and SOH are their best by far.
Guitarman700
QUOTE (VinceG @ Sep 28 2007, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check out there counterpart in the east coat, Anthrax. I recently got into them and been headbanging from Among The Living album. Caught in a Mosh is a hell of a song. Although from what I hear, there kind of thrash are more hardcore in vein than the bay area scene ala Megadeth, Slayer, Exodus etc. Check em out anyway, I have a feeling you might like Anthrax as well.

Amen to that, anthrax IS awesome! cool.gif
kethcup
Slayer is almighty!

I love all of their stuff. I pretty much grew up on it.

God Hates Us All and Christ Illusion are two great great albums by them!

I don't really get into their words too much but the music and energy is amazing!
pitbull666
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Sep 28 2007, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would anyone here recommend slayer? im looking for some new bands and while i dont like kerry king, theres something about this band that makes me feel compelled to listen to them. so what are your thoughts?

SLAYER KICK's ASS....

I Started listening to them almost 20 years ago... never been tired og them.. never...
Seen them i concert 4 times... AND THEY KICK ASS
Unleash-The-Shred
Slayer is wicked awesome!
Spiderusalem
Slayer is awesome.

I'm apparently related to one of the guys in Anthrax

Like Kerry King? Hate Kerry King? Watch this video!
Guitarman700
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Oct 23 2007, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Slayer is awesome.

I'm apparently related to one of the guys in Anthrax

Like Kerry King? Hate Kerry King? Watch this video!

"Look at my bald head, satan glistens off of it"
That is so hilarious. biggrin.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.