Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Avant-garde Metal Unexpect
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
VinceG
Behold GMC!

The chaotic musical arangements of Unexpect is unsurpasable. The first time I heard them, I was on the wtf meter but the insane death metal followed through by jazz lounge piano, the melancholy hyms of the violin and the cheesy circus music is like a psychotic nightmare to your ears. And I mean that in a good way.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jAi-JBkebiE

Thoughts? Hate it? Like it? Anything.
Iluha
They are indeed unexpected, even remind me of frank zappa in a way. and I love Frank! smile.gif
The Uncreator
They have a new fan
<-----That kid

Awesome stuff, just sick as hell, thanks for the link.
botoxfox
Well that was weird... tongue.gif I kinda liked it tho...
VinceG
Yes, indeed they are very weird. They somehow offer a lot of music for different fans. I was actually amazed by the bass and the pianos and oh yea the violin. You can sense something is about to happen in the next 5 seconds when you hear that violin play,

I just got the cd Uncreator and honestly, I did not hear a single filler in the album at all. And I thought they would repeat the same element in Desert Urbania but every song is even more chaotic. They're the most original band that ive heard all year. In A Flesh Aquarium is honestly one of my top 3 albums that came out in the last year or two.
GroovinMastiff
I like it! Although I tend to have an ear for the weirder side of the musical spectrum tongue.gif
I agree with Iluha in that it reminds me of Zappa, or even some of Mike Keneally's stuff.

Thanks for pointing them out, it's great to see some really unique stuff now and again smile.gif
The Uncreator
QUOTE (VinceG @ Sep 30 2007, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, indeed they are very weird. They somehow offer a lot of music for different fans. I was actually amazed by the bass and the pianos and oh yea the violin. You can sense something is about to happen in the next 5 seconds when you hear that violin play,

I just got the cd Uncreator and honestly, I did not hear a single filler in the album at all. And I thought they would repeat the same element in Desert Urbania but every song is even more chaotic. They're the most original band that ive heard all year. In A Flesh Aquarium is honestly one of my top 3 albums that came out in the last year or two.

Ill check them out for sure!
VinceG
oh yes I am seeing them in Jan 12. Im excited hehe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.