Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello From Minnesota, Usa
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Introduce Yourself !
Spyle
This is a great site. I just started learning electic guitar last week. The beginners kick-off has helped me a lot. The video lessons and a huge help to actually be able to see it being done rather than just reading about it. Having a little trouble with the metronome but I've never used one before let alone played an instrument before huh.gif I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Electric guitar looked like fun but I never thought it would be so addicting (even when you suck!) haha
botoxfox
Welcome smile.gif
eddiecat
Hi, and welcome!
It is addicting indeed!!! wink.gif
Eddie
David Wallimann
Good to have you here! Welcome!
loop
Welcome smile.gif

Have a lot fun.

Greatings from germany wink.gif
Resurrection
QUOTE (Spyle @ Oct 2 2007, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a great site. I just started learning electic guitar last week. The beginners kick-off has helped me a lot. The video lessons and a huge help to actually be able to see it being done rather than just reading about it. Having a little trouble with the metronome but I've never used one before let alone played an instrument before huh.gif I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Electric guitar looked like fun but I never thought it would be so addicting (even when you suck!) haha

Welcome to GMC. Don't worry - you'll soon get used to the metronome!
Andrew Cockburn
Enjoy yourself at GMC - let us know if we can help!
MickeM
Welcome smile.gif
Muris Varajic
Welcome and have a great time here!! smile.gif
Pavel
Welcome man! I'm glad you already like it here! Enjoy your staying! smile.gif
Spyle
Thanks all.

One quick question I do have - When I use any setting other than Acoustic on my amp, whenever I play power chords or even single notes for that matter, when I mute the string(s) I played, I still get feedback from other strings that began vibrating even though I did not pick them. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong? It makes me sound very messy! blink.gif
botoxfox
You need to mute the other strings as well.
DeepRoots
unfortunatly this is a problem that every guitarist must face- playing clean.
You will learn how to stop the strings you don't want to sound from ringing i assure you- there is plenty of instruction on the site!
rokchik
Welcome smile.gif

Playing clean is tuff at first I had the same problem at first...but with practice and this site I don't have that problem anymore. Check out Kris' power chord lesson in the beginners section as he talks a bit about palm muting....if you haven't already.
Kosei Kubota
Welcome to GMC! laugh.gif
Greeting from Maryland, USA.
Juan M. Valero
Welcome, I'm glad to see you here wink.gif
mattacuk
Welcome Spyle, Guitar is addictive at all levels biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.