Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Is The Oldest In Gmc?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Pages: 1, 2
coffeeman
Reading Pavel's birthday thread I feel so old , but not for playing guitar. SO I want to know who are the oldest in GMC . Im 31, and will be 32 in December.
purple hayes
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Oct 9 2007, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reading Pavel's birthday thread I feel so old , but not for playing guitar. SO I want to know who are the oldest in GMC . Im 31, and will be 32 in December.

I'm 37. I'm sure I'm not the oldest.
Kizaze44
I'll be 40 in May. My goal is to play like Marcus before I turn 50!

Kiz
javari
46, and an absolute beginner....
Saoirse O'Shea
44 - so at the moment javari is winning by 2 years smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony
javari
do I get a prize? smile.gif
RobM
QUOTE (javari @ Oct 9 2007, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do I get a prize? smile.gif

Sorry, i think that might go to me as I just turned 48 on October 2. Believe me it's a prize I'd gladly give up to someone who is older, lol.
mattacuk
I am 26 and feeling young right now laugh.gif
javari
QUOTE (RobM @ Oct 10 2007, 03:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, i think that might go to me as I just turned 48 on October 2. Believe me it's a prize I'd gladly give up to someone who is older, lol.

congratulations....
blindwillie
QUOTE (RobM @ Oct 10 2007, 03:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No worries. I'll be 49 in 10 days biggrin.gif cool.gif
teksmith
59 last april
Iluha
Wow I think it's great there's so much age diversity here, Youngest member I saw was Pacmanproductions, I think he's 13, ranging all the way to 50+? that's just fantastic.. alot of diffrent views!
mattacuk
Yeah i am very greatful for members across a large age group as it makes for a much more interesting community! smile.gif
stratman33
im probably the youngest, turned 13 back in august lol
Skewlbuzz
It sure is great to have members of all ages here at GMC :]

I'm 18 myself, but in some strange way I'm actually looking forward to get older and more experienced with life ;]
Sunslayer
I turned 20 last April and I dont feel older in any way.^^ For me its just a number counting on. wink.gif
Resurrection
I'm 37. I'm glad to see that the number of GMC members who are 40+ seems to be a bit higher than I would have thought. Makes me feel better smile.gif
FretDancer69
QUOTE (Iluha @ Oct 9 2007, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow I think it's great there's so much age diversity here, Youngest member I saw was Pacmanproductions, I think he's 13, ranging all the way to 50+? that's just fantastic.. alot of diffrent views!

i think he's 12

im 16, gonna turn 17 the day after tomorrow! biggrin.gif
Andrew Cockburn
You can include me in the 40+ bracket smile.gif Life doesn't stop on your 20th birthday, it gets better and better. Different things suck, but on balance, I'd rather be 40 than 20. Ideally I'd like to be 40 with the body of a 20 year old though.
Pavel
Did i mention i am 20?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Kidding! smile.gif The age range at GMC is unbelievable! smile.gif
PacmanProductions
QUOTE (Iluha @ Oct 9 2007, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep thats me... but im 12 tongue.gif

i know i deserve a prize for that.... rolleyes.gif
Resurrection
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 10 2007, 05:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can include me in the 40+ bracket smile.gif Life doesn't stop on your 20th birthday, it gets better and better. Different things suck, but on balance, I'd rather be 40 than 20. Ideally I'd like to be 40 with the body of a 20 year old though.

+1 to that. It's nice to know that GMC reflects such a wide cross-section of people. Different ages, attitudes, etc. It makes the site (and especially the forum) a lot more interesting.
MickeM
I'm 83

blink.gif no, sorry, make that 38 biggrin.gif
Robin
I remember there was atleast one person over 60 that joined a while ago. I think thats great!

I'm 18 btw, if anyone wanted to know.
SDMF75
I'm 32
Hemlok
18 smile.gif 19 in January... That will mark the occasion for a new guitar.

Edit Woops! I'm 19 turning 20 tongue.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif
white eagle
Well I am up there will be 50 in March
Still rockin man
Insanity's Realm
well im kinda in the lower range
im 15 tongue.gif

it really is nice to see wide range
RobM
QUOTE (teksmith @ Oct 9 2007, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
59 last april

You win the prize. that is one I'd rather not be winning just yet, lol!!!

Speaking of prizes, I'm entered in a contest to win as first prize a rare 2002 race ready Corvette (worth $35,000) and as second prize a brand new Harley Davidson V-Rod (worth $13,000). I'd rather win the second prize, that V-Rod is a sweet looking ride.
kahall
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 9 2007, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.......... Ideally I'd like to be 40 with the body of a 20 year old though.

44 here and I to would like to be 40 with the body of a 20 year old......waiting for me upstairs in something skimpy. So that's kind of the same thing.
SLASH91
I'm 16. Alot of you guys are older than I imagined tongue.gif
JVM
17 myself smile.gif I do remember some 60+ year old signing up as well, like Robin said.
fkalich
are we supposed to give our age in people years, or in dog years?

a lady once told me, never lie about your age, much better for them to say "he/she looks great for XX years!", rather than "boy, he/she looks like total crap for YY years".
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (kahall @ Oct 10 2007, 05:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
44 here and I to would like to be 40 with the body of a 20 year old......waiting for me upstairs in something skimpy. So that's kind of the same thing.

Ya know, I left it kind of vague, you had to go and fill in the details laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Smikey2006
I myself am 19 turning 20 soon.. i can't wait to get older:) i still see myself being too young to have a proper life for some reason.. i really want to be 25 and out of university and able to spend 24/7 on my shop:(
fkalich
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 10 2007, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya know, I left it kind of vague, you had to go and fill in the details laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

When I was an undergrad, there was this student from Germany names Klaus. Half the time when you asked him anything he would reply "none of your business". I tried that recently when my brother asked me something. He was shocked, but it felt good. I think Klaus was on to something.
Kosei Kubota
I'm 39.
There are many whose age is closer to my daughter, 9 yrs old.

<=She took my picture
PlayAllDay
QUOTE (fkalich @ Oct 10 2007, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I was an undergrad, there was this student from Germany names Klaus. Half the time when you asked him anything he would reply "none of your business". I tried that recently when my brother asked me something. He was shocked, but it felt good. I think Klaus was on to something.

I like this Klaus guy laugh.gif
Saoirse O'Shea
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Oct 9 2007, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
18 smile.gif 19 in January... That will mark the occasion for a new guitar.

Edit Woops! I'm 19 turning 20 tongue.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Now now Hemlock - you're not supposed to lie about your age until after your 21st tongue.gif

On fkalich's bit about lying and the resonse: for many years my mother would add about 10 years to her actual age when asked just so that people would say, "my but you look really good for someone aged YY".

One thing about age - there's a physical age and also an attitude towards life. Some people who are, say, 72 can come across as ancient whilst others come across as youthful. Often the latter seem to have much more of a passion for life and are passionate about something. One of the big pluses about playing the guitar is it means we all have a passion in our lives for music and for the guitar - has to be a big plus as we get older.

Cheers,
Tony
bill chalmers
I am 67 years old. I love playing my guitar even if it is mostly Shadows music I play. However I am excited about this web. it's great.

Now I have 2 questions

1. Am I the oldest in gmc

2. I hope you guys are not despising age.
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (bill chalmers @ Oct 10 2007, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am 67 years old. I love playing my guitar even if it is mostly Shadows music I play. However I am excited about this web. it's great.

Now I have 2 questions

1. Am I the oldest in gmc

2. I hope you guys are not despising age.

1. Yes!
2. Definitely not!

I think you get the prize so far, unless anyone knows different?

Gotta love Hank smile.gif
bill chalmers
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 10 2007, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. Yes!
2. Definitely not!

I think you get the prize so far, unless anyone knows different?

Gotta love Hank smile.gif

Hey - if I am the oldest then maybe I deserve a prize!! I love guitar masterclasss and learning a lot . The instructors are just excellent I have 3 electric guitars, a roland amp. several effects pedals and I use guitar pro for tabs.

Besides playing shadows music I also play a few numbers from eric clapton and carlos santana (who is my favourite guitarist of all time). Not bad for an old guy!!! Gmc rocks!!!
brandon
QUOTE (RobM @ Oct 9 2007, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HA!! my birthday is october 2nd too, RobM......except i'm about half your age....just turned 27
PlayAllDay
Ack! laugh.gif
How could we despise age - we are all gonna end up with larger and larger numbers to claim as our 'age'!
And guitarists are an exceptionally compassionate, wise, intellectually brilliant
and usually pretty darn gorgeous sector of humanity I have noticed -
so we truly just get better and better with the years tongue.gif
That's my story and I'm sticking to it wink.gif
Kris can we give Bill a prize - he rocks! biggrin.gif
SDMF75
Whats the prize gonna be? A free 3 months for lifelong rocking?! laugh.gif
Kristofer Dahl
It's fantastic to see we have such a wide age span! biggrin.gif
rokchik
QUOTE (PlayAllDay @ Oct 10 2007, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ack! laugh.gif
How could we despise age - we are all gonna end up with larger and larger numbers to claim as our 'age'!
And guitarists are an exceptionally compassionate, wise, intellectually brilliant
so we truly just get better and better with the years tongue.gif
That's my story and I'm sticking to it wink.gif
Kris can we give Bill a prize - he rocks! biggrin.gif

Completely agree with you on that one!

I turned 30 this year and am so looking forward to whatever life throws at me as I get older....I just hope I'm still rocking the guitar at 67!

I think playing the guitar is like a fountain of youth of sorts. I always feel young at heart with a guitar in my hands.
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (PlayAllDay @ Oct 10 2007, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly! Not sure about Wise and Compassionate in my case, but I am definitely totally gorgeous

<--- The picture says it all laugh.gif
lliber
i am 50 with 5 granchildren and loving GMC and at long last gettting some nice sounds out of a guitar i bought 17 years ago and until 5 months ago was just gathering dust and spiders.....not anymore
Jeff
I'm 18 with 25 years of experience! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.