Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello All
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Introduce Yourself !
Twibeard
Hello GMC ... Norway calling

Been surfing this page fore some time now and just couldn't get it out of my head.
I tryed playing guitar when I was 9-10 years old ... but my "teacher" then told me to stop, because "you'll never learn it" as he said.
Well - been bored with family life and office work for many years now, so last year I made some life changing moves and got a group up playing and I make a nice vocal there.
Now i'm 44 years old and its probably to late to make an old child-guitar-dream come true - but I just have to give guitar playing a go, actually its all i think about ... And this GMCnet-class looks like something I have been waiting for for a very long time ...
Hope to learn some Metal Pain Blues kind of thing ... rolleyes.gif

Cya, Peter
Andrew Cockburn
Welcome Peter - scary looking picture unsure.gif
Jeff
Welcome Peter. You're not alone. I'm 43 and it's never too late to start or re-start. I'm having a great time here at GMC and learning all of the time.

Love the picture! laugh.gif
DeepRoots
Welcome Twibeard!

QUOTE (Twibeard @ Oct 17 2007, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... but my "teacher" then told me to stop, because "you'll never learn it" as he said.

OMG! ohmy.gif That's the worst thing i've ever heard! mad.gif

QUOTE (Twibeard @ Oct 17 2007, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
probably to late to make an old child guitar-dream come true

I wouldn't bet on that- your not our oldest member!
You'll have a great time learning guitar at GMC- hope you enjoy your stay!

DeepRoots
leedbreak
Welcome sir, I will call you sir since you are so much older than I am. Like 3 years older. I felt the same way when joining the site and all my hopes are coming true so the heck with age, lets just rock shall we?
Twibeard
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Oct 17 2007, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so the heck with age, lets just rock shall we?

Definately! Leedbreak smile.gif
Understudy
Hey Peter and welcome to GMC. I turn 38 next week, you are never too old !! And the way I see it, those youngsters may think they have us licked, but we can afford nicer gear cool.gif
botoxfox
Welcome... smile.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (Understudy @ Oct 17 2007, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the way I see it, those youngsters may think they have us licked, but we can afford nicer gear cool.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Saoirse O'Shea
Welcome Peter,
and you're neither too old nor is it too late.

At the risk of being rude (doesn't normally stop me wink.gif ) your teacher from years past is/was an idiot. I'm sure you've read the Kris's strap line to the site about how we ALL can become great guitar players - Kris is right, it takes perseverance and practice on our part and empathetic and gifted teachers (which fortunately Kris has in spades) BUT we all can make it (even me wink.gif ). I'm in education and would endorse what Kris says - I see my work as having to bring out the potential in everyone provided they put the effort in- practice with GMC and you'll be a great guitar player.

As an aside, but to underscore the message...

As a child I was sent by a head teacher to see a child psychologist as he thought I was 'stupid and unteachable' (verbatim quote) after he expelled me from school. The psychologist didn't agree. To cut a long story short I have qualifications and took great delight some years later by going back to that school to show that head what had become of the 'unteachable' child.

Cheers,
Tony
Jeff
QUOTE (Understudy @ Oct 16 2007, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Peter and welcome to GMC. I turn 38 next week, you are never too old !! And the way I see it, those youngsters may think they have us licked, but we can afford nicer gear cool.gif

laugh.gif
Bondy
HI enjoy hope u enjoy gmc
Muris Varajic
Hello Peter and welcome to GMC!! smile.gif

Must say that I'm really honored seeing how many older people we have here,thumbs up!! biggrin.gif
PlayAllDay
Yay for you Peter! laugh.gif Youcan do it - it will be fun!
Twibeard
Thanks for sharing this Tony ... smile.gif
mattacuk
Welcome Peter, be sure to check out the Beginner lessons!! smile.gif
MickeM
Welcome! Sounds like you had the same teacher Kris did.
Twibeard
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 17 2007, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome! Sounds like you had the same teacher Kris did.

Hi - well that would surprise me, he would be something like 96 years old today if he still lives wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.