Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gamer's Thread
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Misc. Discussions > Electronic Entertainment
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Ayen
I hate to plug my own thread/a game, but if anyone's having second thoughts on buying this game, visit this thread:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...ic=8649&hl=
The Uncreator
Anyone here play Mass Effect?

Im currently on my 4th playthrough, the story is just so cool, and there is SO much stuff to do, Probablt the best game of the year for me.
stratman33
OMG i just played COD4, its the best game ever!! ohmy.gif
Ayen
I got Mass Effect but only got to the part where you pick up the girl as a party member, and other games took over it. A friend of mine wanted to borrow it so I'm still waiting on him to finish it before I can continue.
PacmanProductions Reborn
haha, heres one...

well i was playing Halo 3 with my friends on the map "vallhalla" and i was standing on a rock in front of the gravity launches on the bases, and my friend drives a mongoose off the gravity launch, does a half barrel roll. i snipe him in the air right out of the cockpit, he dies and fall to the ground, but the mongoose still goes straight and slams into me... killing me.... sad.gif tongue.gif
The Uncreator
How about some Trivia?

_ _ _ _ _ _

My name is infamous, and if i am caught my existence will be denied. My brother is a snake, and his life was mine to take. Ive been to russia, ive lived in alaska, and in Tselinoyarsk i was betrayed. i also like Cardboard boxes and Ramen Noodles, What is my name??

(This is too easy, you better get it!)

PS
didnt noticed it kinda rhymed, unintended laugh.gif
Ayen
Oh! Sam fisher!
The Uncreator
Nope....

Sam didnt have a brother (who was a "Snake") who he had to kill (as far as i know).....
Ayen
Damn, thought the whole existance part was him.

Only other thing I could say would be...Solid Snake, my first guess?

Oh! I'm retarded! Of course it's snake! Liquid snake he killed, and the fact that he likes cardboard boxes are clear giveaways. I feel bad that I actually got that wrong.
Guitarman700
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 16 2007, 08:12 AM) *
Anyone here play Mass Effect?

Im currently on my 4th playthrough, the story is just so cool, and there is SO much stuff to do, Probablt the best game of the year for me.

Im on my 8th playthrough, best story ever! cool.gif
Pavel
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Dec 13 2007, 10:46 PM) *
I think CoD 4 is the best in the series since CoD 1, 'cause cod 2 and 3 were just so basic (and I think the third one wasn't even released for the PC). CoD 4 has very cool scenarios and missions, plus it has great graphics smile.gif

COD1 was my favorite of COD series. COD3 was unfortunately never published for PC sad.gif
And i don't like COD4 - it's the same COD1 just with A BIT better graphics. Even Cpt.Price is still alive?!?! He was in COD1 60 years ago and in COD4 he is still alive and leading the Special Ops unit' Cool!!!
JVM
So, if anyone is ever up for a game of Counter Strike Source, it's one of the few multiplayer games I keep on my computer tongue.gif
The Uncreator
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Dec 17 2007, 06:52 AM) *
Im on my 8th playthrough, best story ever! cool.gif

Yeah im currently on.....hell i dont know, i have 4 different characters, and beat the story atleast twice with them all, and i FINNALY Got the achievement for beating the entire game, it took me awhile, but i found every sidequest, and of course, completed it!! cool.gif

Have you beat it on insanity yet, man that was pretty tough. Anyway, i cant wait for the next in the series.
The Uncreator
I figured only gamers would be interested in this kinda thing, i was bored at school so i tried to sketch the Geth from Mass Effect from memory, i had the picture in my head but unfortunately not with me, so bare with me if its not exactly right, let me know your thoughts wink.gif

PacmanProductions Reborn
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 19 2007, 09:07 PM) *
I figured only gamers would be interested in this kinda thing, i was bored at school so i tried to sketch the Geth from Mass Effect from memory, i had the picture in my head but unfortunately not with me, so bare with me if its not exactly right, let me know your thoughts wink.gif

whoa... thats really good..... hats off to you!
Bedlam
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Dec 13 2007, 09:17 AM) *
An GMC Counterstrike battle would rock blink.gif

Yeah it would, I'm up for it. I haven't played in a while, so I might be a little rusty mellow.gif

Source or 1.6?
The Uncreator
QUOTE (PacmanProductions Reborn @ Dec 19 2007, 05:18 PM) *
whoa... thats really good..... hats off to you!

Thanks im gonna try to do a better one, using Graphite and charcoal this time though. wink.gif
Ayen
Awesome, as usual, Uncreator!

And "W00T", I finally beat the last level of Call of Duty 4 on Veteran (Mile High club achievement and whatnot).

From the time I started the level, to the end, I had restarted it at least 200+ times, and changed the strategy from sniping to agressive rushing.

Finally good to finish SP off.
The Uncreator
Mile High level took me forever to beat on veteran, i mean, one minute? damn it was tough.
Ayen
Agreed, every thing had to be perfectly timed. After a few minutes I adopted the "one screw up, restart" mentality. Saved me some time I guess.
The Uncreator
I beat it with less than a second to spare, maybe the hardest moment in gaming for me, or fighting Ruby and Emerald Weapon in FVII, Both are hard as hell.
Ayen
Ruby wasn't so hard for me. Emerald was the pain in the butt.

I finished with 3 or 4 seconds left, due to what I think was a bug that helped me out tongue.gif.
kyldeee
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 20 2007, 03:07 AM) *

Man that is so cool biggrin.gif . I also like to draw, but I'm not nearly as good as you, mainly because I don't have the gift of drawing things from my head (if that makes any sense smile.gif ) I usually draw from a model.
But man you have some talent, I would love to see more of your drawings smile.gif keep up the good work... biggrin.gif

Here is one of my older drawings. I used a model smile.gif

Click to view attachment

It's from some game I can't remember right now
The Uncreator
QUOTE (Ayen @ Dec 20 2007, 12:20 PM) *
Ruby wasn't so hard for me. Emerald was the pain in the butt.

I finished with 3 or 4 seconds left, due to what I think was a bug that helped me out tongue.gif.

Nice, i also finished with no ammunitions, and a half empty pistol! laugh.gif

@Kyldeee: Thanks many, with time you will have certain images burned in your brain, and you will never forget them.
Ayen
Wow, so we have another talented artist in GMC!
The Uncreator
It most certainly appears this way smile.gif

Got any more?
SLASH91
I really hope that I get Aassassin's Creed for Christmas.

@Uncreator: most I can draw is a crappy stick figure laugh.gif
Rodnator
So I was playing Pong back in like 1974 thinking this video game thing might be big someday. Then I used to sneak into the local bar when I was 13 to play Asteroids on the 25 cent arcade machine and some pacman to boot. I played space invaders on the atari game console with a joystick and a "Button", the commodore 64 personal computer when it took a whole minute to look left or right. Then came a real PC where the original Half Life franchise began. If you like first person shooters and can get over the early graphics It was the first real super shooter and the great great grandfather of counterstrike source. I love shooters, Halflife 1 and 2 +++, Unreal tournament 1,2,3, counter strike (screen name "Rodnator"), Quake 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Doom 1,2,3, Duke Nukem' Gears of war, recently Bioshock was great, and I'm almost finished Crysis which is awesome. Online is great but I'm afraid of all you young folk, Think I'm gonna get my butt kicked, Maybe.........Maybe not.
Bogdan Radovic
My favorite games I played are : Grim Fandango , Broken Sword 1&2 and Monkey Island 3 wink.gif

Just love these adventures.. wink.gif
Eat-Sleep-andJam
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 19 2007, 05:07 PM) *

That is really good smile.gif

Mass Effect is a great game but im playing it on Veteran and sometimes I just get frusterated and throw the controller laugh.gif

If anyone has Cod4 online Id be happy to play some games with you, My Gamertag is XwD UberWet
Ayen
Mine is Faust723, I'll add you once I get on. And Bogdan, Grim Fandango is one of my favorite games of all time. Manny is one of the cooler characters I've played as.
The Uncreator
So....Me and my friend were on call of duty 4 today, we were playing Crossfire and we started on the marines side, i ran into the second story building and did some sniping, I usually get about 10-12 kills before i die, but this time.... I think not, me and him were up there the entire time. The other team (for whatever reason) kept running straight at us in the streets!

It was liking shooting the side of the barn, except the barn fired back, poorly though.

Me and him ended with 24 Kills, 2 Death.....God it was fun smile.gif
Toni Suominen
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 12 2008, 06:03 AM) *
So....Me and my friend were on call of duty 4 today, we were playing Crossfire and we started on the marines side, i ran into the second story building and did some sniping, I usually get about 10-12 kills before i die, but this time.... I think not, me and him were up there the entire time. The other team (for whatever reason) kept running straight at us in the streets!

It was liking shooting the side of the barn, except the barn fired back, poorly though.

Me and him ended with 24 Kills, 2 Death.....God it was fun smile.gif

That's some nice pwnage biggrin.gif

Do you have COD4 for the PC or Xbox 360?
The Uncreator
Xbox 360. smile.gif
albino
Yeah, love them P.C. games but I get annoyed at the addition of a sidekick character with an attitude that talks on and on, as in those annoying scenes in HalfLife 2. You can't cut the scene so the character makes you throw a ball at a robot dog for five minutes, or gushes over you like a sycophant while you're stuck in a lift with a disabled gun that won't put her out of your misery. Having said that, HL2 was superb.
Also noticing alot of helicopter crashes lately where you stagger to your feet after a guided missile hit. It was good the first time but after the 3rd...yawn. [Fear, COD4] Still, great games none-the-less.
My wish for a future game is one where you can go into a movie and change the outcome. For example, you beam onto the Titanic, blow up the iceberg before collision with a rocket launcher, then chase Kate Winslett and Leo di Capprio around the ship with aforementioned BFG thereby averting ham acting and silly dialogue. Or perhaps you beam into a cowboy and western movie with a tank or Black Hawk and side with the Indians against Fort Whatever. Sure the game would last ten minutes but it would be a good ten minutes.
The other idea is to timeshift a horde of flesh-eating zombies into the movie 'The Sound of Music', with yourself as chief zombie. Extra points awarded for mayhem during the von Trapp family's concert with the townsfolk fleeing the zombies [unsuccessfully], or grabbing Maria's guitar, shredding some mind-altering solos over von Trapp's rendition of Eidelweiss finishing it off with a Pete Townsend demolition and brain eating. For the scene with Maria singing 'The Hills are Alive', zombies take over a helicopter and attempt to minigun her as she scurries to grab a guided missile launcher and ... oh dear.
Could be good?
The Uncreator
Wow, i absolutely loved Alyx in Half-Life 2, one of the few "sidekick" characters i like! smile.gif
Ayen
Didn't like her too much in Episode 1, she came up with too many annoying one-liners. She was awesome in EP2 though, especially at the end. sad.gif
The Uncreator
EP2 her voice actress was superb, especially at the end like you said.
Caelumamittendum
Made a little search not to start a new thread.

Recently I started playing Breath of Fire IV and Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger again. Also...I'm playing about 15 other RPGs at the moment. Well, not at the moment, as I have not played any of those for about ½-1 year. I wanna get back at it. Some of it is really inspirational concerning guitar playing too.
VinceG
Chrono Cross has the best soundtrack of any video game.
kjutte
I love baldur's gate and all the rest of Bioware's games:D also love The Elderscrolls games!
OrganisedConfusion
QUOTE (VinceG @ Jul 15 2008, 12:01 AM) *
Chrono Cross has the best soundtrack of any video game.

Indeed. Chrono Cross is one great game. I've been playing Final Fantasy I recently.
Caelumamittendum
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jul 15 2008, 01:20 PM) *
Indeed. Chrono Cross is one great game. I've been playing Final Fantasy I recently.

I started FFI some time back, perhaphs 3-4 years. But then I started playing a lot of other games as well...
OrganisedConfusion
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 15 2008, 12:26 PM) *
I started FFI some time back, perhaphs 3-4 years. But then I started playing a lot of other games as well...

That's the problem lol. RPGs take ages and kick arse. smile.gif My favourites are still Vandal Hearts, Final Fantasy Tactics and Chrono Trigger
Caelumamittendum
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jul 15 2008, 01:27 PM) *
That's the problem lol. RPGs take ages and kick arse. smile.gif My favourites are still Vandal Hearts, Final Fantasy Tactics and Chrono Trigger

Sorry for this:

VANDLA ADLNALNDALNAL HAAEATS§! biggrin.gif

SEriously!?!?!? Nobody knows that game! And it's my all time favorite game series. Actually I think I like the second one more. BEen playing that for nearly 75 hours and it sayd I'm only 30% through laugh.gif

Just from the top of my head these are the RPGs I own:

Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 5
Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy 10
Final Fantasy 10-2
Final Fantasy 12
Vandal Hearts
Vandal Hearts 2
Shadow Hearts
Koudelka
Grandia
Breath of Fire IV
Breath of Fire III
Xenogears
Star Ocean: till the end of time
Valkyrie Profile
Vagrant Story
Dragon Warriors
Alundra (rpg?)
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Baldurs Gate series
The Legend of Dragoon

tongue.gif ... and I probably started playing 12-15 which I'm then...kinda stuck in all of them now. Because I got all confused and couldn't keep track of anything. So I'm trying to cut down and just play one at a time. tongue.gif
kjutte
Vandal Hearts as good as baldur's gate?
Enucleation
I remember Vandal Hearts. I enjoyed it.
OrganisedConfusion
Vandal Hearts is nothing like Baldur's Gate so impossible to compare. I like them both equal. I loved Alundra also and Wild Arms and Parasite Eve (kind of an RPG), Brave Fencer Musashi, Legend of Kartia. RPGs rock and I haven't played a good one in a while sad.gif Any recommendations?
Caelumamittendum
Legend of Dragoon, I recommend. I really like that one. Probably difficult to find though.
kjutte
Legend of D and Vandal hearts ain't for PC?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.