Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: T-shirt Competition - The Vote!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Competitions
Andrew Cockburn
Ok people, here is your chance to vote!

The top 5 designs in each category will be sent to the Seniors panel for final selection.

Refresh your memory for Instructors shirts here, and Members/Senior Shirts here.

Feel free to say who you voted for and why - that's half the fun smile.gif

Vote wisely for you hold the sartorial future of GMC in your hands!

Note: Some members submitted multiple designs - in this case their entries are numbered in the poll based on the order they appeared in the above threads.

This Poll will close next Monday morning (5th November) at around 7am EST.

Let the voting commence!
exorcyze
FYI - Some of the posts have more than one submission ( for instance my first one has 2 separate designs, as does Legions ). May be a bit confusing on the voting?

smile.gif
mattacuk
My money is on Exorcises design ! smile.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (exorcyze @ Oct 30 2007, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FYI - Some of the posts have more than one submission ( for instance my first one has 2 separate designs, as does Legions ). May be a bit confusing on the voting?

smile.gif

I agree - I have used the rule that one post = one entry, anything else is way too complex. If your post with 2 designs gets into the top 5, thats cool, the seniors will figure it out )
napsternova
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 30 2007, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree - I have used the rule that one post = one entry, anything else is way too complex. If your post with 2 designs gets into the top 5, thats cool, the seniors will figure it out )

Hemlok is not on the list
Fabian Schulz
I'm for Exorcyzes crest design smile.gif
Pavel
Instructor's T-shirt vote goes to Legions -> the red/white letters design, i raelly like the colors of it, and the design itself is awesome.

(IMO, voting for instructor's T-shirt should be done by instructors only....)

Member's T-Shirt vote goes to Mattacuk! "Uniting nations through music" idea is great and very well designed.
mattacuk
Thanks Pavel that means alot you like it, as i see you as someone with an eye for good taste! smile.gif
chast
Instructor:

[X] Exorcyze 3 wit the black guitar

I just like that simple design smile.gif

Member:

[X] Exorcyze 2

I wasnt really sure what is meant with 2 :/
Wanted to vote for this: http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...-1193569008.jpg but I think thats number 1 Oo
If it was wrong, is it possible to change my vote ? rolleyes.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (napsternova @ Oct 30 2007, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hemlok is not on the list

He is on the list for the instructor shirt - he did not submit a design for the members shirt.

QUOTE (chast @ Oct 30 2007, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Instructor:

[X] Exorcyze 3 wit the black guitar

I just like that simple design smile.gif

Member:

[X] Exorcyze 2

I wasnt really sure what is meant with 2 :/
Wanted to vote for this: http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...-1193569008.jpg but I think thats number 1 Oo
If it was wrong, is it possible to change my vote ? rolleyes.gif

Go by the ordering of the posts like I said up top.
Owen
Exorcyze and Matt for the win I think. Good ideas/designs, well executed.

Gutted though, only one vote for Uncle Kris? Cmon people tongue.gif
mattacuk
For what its worth, Uncle Kris is pretty darned funny laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif
exorcyze
Yeah, the black design and the brown design both fall under the same post, which is #1. The gray / green design is #2.

There's a good range of styles here and some good work, nice to see!

For member designs I like my skater punk / rocker style brown one ( my primary style of dress, heh ), and the clean sporty look on mattacuk's, the clean design on boy_sets_fire7's, and the vector work with the dude and his guitar on Lester's.

On instructor designs, I'm partial to Owen's design that lends itself well to colorizing, mattacuk's again sport look and nice theme, the "targeting" of Maximus', the rocker chic of my crest design, and the clean simple professional approach of my 3rd design ( also with the colorizing ).

It was a lot of fun to do this, I'd never really sat down and tried to do any t-shirt designs like this! Thanks to all smile.gif
mattacuk
yes, this is one of those things where taking part really is the best bit !
Owen
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Oct 31 2007, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes, this is one of those things where taking part really is the best bit !

I totally agree! smile.gif
Maximus
This was alot of fun. I really think there are some great designs. One thing I have realized through this process is that GMC is so much more than a simple lesson based site. I am really proud to be a part of such a great interactive community. Truly awesome.
mattacuk
Were glad to have you Maximus ! cool.gif
jammer91
Member shirt:- OWEN, cause i was about to use the same design (except say GMC wants you with Kris pointing in a British WW2 propoganda poster). I

Instructor:- Mattabucketheadcuk:- Really good shirt and very eyecatching. Looks cool dont know what else to say but hands down that was a killer shirt.

No matter who wins you guys have amazing photoshopping skills. I mean it just proves guitar isint your only talent and id say great job to everyone who participated and helped.
The Uncreator
Great designs i must say..

But shouldnt instructors vote for there t-shirts? it makes more sense, since they will be the ones wearing them.
Owen
QUOTE (jammer91 @ Oct 31 2007, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Member shirt:- OWEN, cause i was about to use the same design (except say GMC wants you with Kris pointing in a British WW2 propoganda poster). I

Instructor:- Mattabucketheadcuk:- Really good shirt and very eyecatching. Looks cool dont know what else to say but hands down that was a killer shirt.
No matter who wins you guys have amazing photoshopping skills. I mean it just proves guitar isint your only talent and id say great job to everyone who participated and helped.

tongue.gif Thankyou, I was considering using the Brittish Lord Kitchener design, but I figured the American version had a hat that much better suited Kris! cool.gif
Pavel
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Oct 31 2007, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great designs i must say..
But shouldnt instructors vote for there t-shirts? it makes more sense, since they will be the ones wearing them.

That's what i said in my post....but looks like nobody cares tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 31 2007, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what i said in my post....but looks like nobody cares tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Just because we don't respond doesn't mean we didn't notice smile.gif ... we should probably have the instructors vote the shortlist for the instructor shirts instead of the Seniors ...
Owen
I noticed! smile.gif

I just chose not to reply because I realised my instructor shirt had a specific type of guitar on it wink.gif I only chose it because it specifically represented the letter 'a' more than any other shape.

But yes, I think its a good idea to have the Instructors choose their t-shirt!
Hemlok
QUOTE (Owen @ Oct 31 2007, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed! smile.gif

I just chose not to reply because I realised my instructor shirt had a specific type of guitar on it wink.gif I only chose it because it specifically represented the letter 'a' more than any other shape.

But yes, I think its a good idea to have the Instructors choose their t-shirt!

+1
exorcyze
we should probably have the instructors vote the shortlist for the instructor shirts instead of the Seniors

Hey now, logic should have no place in this hallowed ground! tongue.gif

Actually, that is a very sound idea to me ( no pun intended ). Seniors vote the shortlist for members, and instructors vote the shortlist for themselves. smile.gif
JVM
Exorcyze I really liked all of yours. I got a bit confused about which one to vote for though.
exorcyze
Thanks JVM! Yeah, on the member shirts it was actually my fault - I was unawares of 1 post == 1 submission, and got excited and posted two in one post. S'all good though, I had fun creating these! =)
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (exorcyze @ Oct 31 2007, 07:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks JVM! Yeah, on the member shirts it was actually my fault - I was unawares of 1 post == 1 submission, and got excited and posted two in one post. S'all good though, I had fun creating these! =)

Not your fault - I invented that rule when I realized some people had more than one submission, and I didnlt spot that you had 2 designs in one post - I didn't think of it in advance or I would have made it a little clearer - sorry!

JVM, at this point it would be too confusing to try and split up Exorcyzes double post, so just vote for that one if you like either design. Figure out whoch post based on the ordering - Exorcyze1 is the first post to appear in the thread, Exorcyze 2 is the second, etc.
Chris Evans
Some excellent designs and really hard to choose, I chose both designs from Mattacuk in the end, decided that (IMO only) that the shirts should be related in some way and not totally different a kinda corperate image for the GMC Army smile.gif
rokchik
Great designs everyone!

Made for a tough decision but I voted for Matt. Love the hats too man. Just wish we could have voted for the moowear smile.gif
Muris Varajic
Was really hard to decide,many great designs indeed!!
Anyhow,I voted and I'm not gonna say who is/are my "horse/s". wink.gif
Jerry Arcidiacono
I voted Mattacuk because I like very much the design and the "flags" idea.
On a side note, I think that Exorcyze made a wonderful job.
David Wallimann
I like all the entries, but I voted for Maxximus on both categories.
I love the instructors one in particular. Simple, elegant and very cool.
Good job to all though!
Good luck!
Twibeard
Couldn't we have 2 or 3 different kind of t-shirts. Printing is low-cost in Sweeden wink.gif .... would be a more flexible and you could get a T-shirt that would got closer to ya personal outfit-style ... just an anti-uniform opinion.
shredmandan
Great job to everyone on the designs and good luck! smile.gif
It was tough but i chose Mattchuk for the instructor's and Owen for the member's.I think thats the correct order laugh.gif Anyway good luck to you all and come Monday one of you should be happy with a Pod,man lucky tongue.gif
Zephyr
Hmm, I voted Owen for instructors, and purple_hayes for members, it was a tough decision, though! I wish Owen had entered a similar design for members, I love the colored logo with speakers to the sides!
Owen
Thanks guys! Much appreciated! smile.gif

Only a day and a bit to go now! tongue.gif
mattacuk
I would also like to thank everyone who voted for me. It is really nice of you all to choose my designs! Especially as there have been so many awsome entrys.

Matt smile.gif
Andrew Cockburn
Ok, Voting is finished!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.