LMAO , Spider you have waaaaaaaay too much free time tongue.gif
FretDancer69
QUOTE (Understudy @ Nov 3 2007, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+1 laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Spiderusalem
QUOTE (Understudy @ Nov 3 2007, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its a blessing and a curse. Like being Spiderman!

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 2 2007, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps it was triplits?

Click to view attachment

(Hugh Lawrie)

Cheers,
Tony

Hugh Lawrie is more like their illegitimate father.
Twibeard
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 3 2007, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hugh Lawrie is more like their illegitimate father.

laugh.gif ROFL laugh.gif
MickeM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 3 2007, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps it was triplits?

Click to view attachment

(Hugh Lawrie)

Cheers,
Tony

...eh... I'm sober now so I can't really see what you mean. But I'll have a look again tonight laugh.gif
mattacuk
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 3 2007, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps it was triplits?

Click to view attachment

(Hugh Lawrie)

Cheers,
Tony

Black Adder Fan are we Tony? wink.gif I absolutley love the series! biggrin.gif
Saoirse O'Shea
Aren't we all Matt? biggrin.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 3 2007, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aren't we all Matt? biggrin.gif

Who wouldn't be ...
mattacuk
So Tony, Andrew, which is your favorite series? I know thats a tough question! You gotta love queen elizabeth laugh.gif laugh.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 3 2007, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So Tony, Andrew, which is your favorite series? I know thats a tough question! You gotta love queen elizabeth laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yes, Queeny ! That was the series where they had settled down, were really enjoying it and still had lots of amazing ideas - my fave! I also liked the WWI series as well. Oh and series 1 was good too.

How many were ther in total? I forget ... 4 wasn;t it?
Saoirse O'Shea
Think it was 4.

Queenie for me as well though. Just think the whole thing really came together in that series. I missed part of series 1 when it was first aired - so I was a bit late on picking up on BA. It's one of the few TV comedy series that I can repeatedly watch and still find funny.

Cheers,
Tony
fkalich
Have any of you been Red Dwarf or Dr. Who Fans? Loved that. All of them. Some people have put them all on youtube. Until they get caught and trashed. Favorite companion was Peri. Or Lela the Savage. No Peri, for obvious reasons, but Lela a close second. Also the various mysteries such as Perot, Miss Marple. Cadfile was great but there was not enough of that. I love that kind of stuff, British mystery stuff and sci fi.

edit: another more recent was that one about the police detective during the early WW II years, forget the name. Oh Prime Suspect was good, especially the 1st one. We have a lot of this stuff at our public library. I killed my tv some time ago, so limited to DVD or internet. Or, what what that one, the Detective, he died of a Heart atttack on the last episode. That was great. Bally Kiss Angel was real good. That is the kind of British stuff I like, probably different from you guys.
Andrew Cockburn
I am a total and utter Red Dwarf fan ... (In fact I AM Lister)

My wife is baffled that I can watch a 3 second clip of any show and give her the name, series and synopsis smile.gif Best red dwarf ever was Back to Reality IMO, Season V was the classic series.

Also love doctor who - for me the classic period was Jon Pertwee/Tom Baker (I was too young for the first 2 doctors).

I also love the new series, I think they have done a great job of reinventing it - the new Daleks scare me as much now as the old ones did when I was 5 years old!
fkalich
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 3 2007, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am a total and utter Red Dwarf fan ... (In fact I AM Lister)

My wife is baffled that I can watch a 3 second clip of any show and give her the name, series and synopsis smile.gif Best red dwarf ever was Back to Reality IMO, Season V was the classic series.

Also love doctor who - for me the classic period was Jon Pertwee/Tom Baker (I was too young for the first 2 doctors).

I also love the new series, I think they have done a great job of reinventing it - the new Daleks scare me as much now as the old ones did when I was 5 years old!

Here was are in total agreement on this. They all were good. Including Kryten. The guy that played Rimmer, he is good. I mean he can play Ace Rimmer, and Rimmer, totally different characters, and do it well. Good actor. Red Dwarf is so good. I am thinking that one day America is going to discover that series. A lot of people like it, but some have never heard of it. It is a classic.

Baker will always be my favorite Who, but like them all. The new guy is good. Liked the one that lasted only a year also.

edit: hard to say what my favorite is of Red Dwarf, so many good ones. But the one where Lister missed Rimmer, and then had that Dream where he kissed him, and woke up screaming. Then that ride that Kryten arranged where they played that Rimmer song, that is up there among my favorites for sure.

I have watched them all multi times, more than I care to admit.
Saoirse O'Shea
I'm really happy that my little girl loves watching the new Dr Who even though she does find the daleks scary, particularly now that they can go upstairs wink.gif . I always really liked Cat in RD but for me it was the interplay between Rimmer and the others that made it so good.

Cheers,
Tony
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (fkalich @ Nov 3 2007, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here was are in total agreement on this. They all were good. Including Kryten. The guy that played Rimmer, he is good. I mean he can play Ace Rimmer, and Rimmer, totally different characters, and do it well. Good actor. Red Dwarf is so good. I am thinking that one day America is going to discover that series. A lot of people like it, but some have never heard of it. It is a classic.

Baker will always be my favorite Who, but like them all. The new guy is good. Liked the one that lasted only a year also.

edit: hard to say what my favorite is of Red Dwarf, so many good ones. But the one where Lister missed Rimmer, and then had that Dream where he kissed him, and woke up screaming. Then that ride that Kryten arranged where they played that Rimmer song, that is up there among my favorites for sure.

I have watched them all multi times, more than I care to admit.

That one was called Blue - the ride was "The Rimmer Experience" - a definite favorite, including the hilarious Arnold Rimmer Song smile.gif

Chris Barrie (rimmer) did a couple of other sitcoms, or one at least - "The Brittas Empire" in which he played the manager of a Liesure Center, but it wasn;t as funny as RD - it was the chemistry between the characters that made RD so hilarious.
mattacuk
The Rimmer experience was nothing short of world class laugh.gif I love Black adder and Red Dwarf equally. Also love Father Ted! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.