Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Johan Larsson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Uploads
Marcus Lavendell
Hi guys!

I was browsing through the lessons here last night, and I found the awesome D.N.A.F.T solo by Johan Larsson. A simply amazing solo!! smile.gif And I think Johan's playing is just fantastic! Great tone, feel, phrasing, vibrato, etc... just perfect!! biggrin.gif

Kris,
why doesn't he make more lessons?!

Anyways, here's my attempt to play his great solo (it's not note by note the same, and not as good as Johan plays it though) smile.gif

Click to view attachment

-Marcus
Kristofer Dahl
WOW! blink.gif

That was so close, in fact it was almost too close - are you musical twins?! laugh.gif

You are right this is a fantastic solo. I haven't met Johan, but I think the guest lesson was something he did as a one time occasion. (At the time we only had 4-5 lessons on the site!)

I would love to see more of him - also more of his lessons have been requested a bunch of times, so I will notify him of this post via the boad feature! biggrin.gif
Marcus Lavendell
Thanks a lot, Kris! smile.gif

That's awesome! Now let's just hope he want's to make more lessons! biggrin.gif ... tell him he MUST do it! laugh.gif
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (lavendell @ Nov 3 2007, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's awesome! Now let's just hope he want's to make more lessons! biggrin.gif ... tell him he MUST do it! laugh.gif

Yes that will do the trick! laugh.gif I could even threaten him - and let him know that if he doesn't do more lessons I will mix my own playing to his vids. He will probably come running. laugh.gif
Marcus Lavendell
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
JVM
Great job Marcus, I really liked that lesson too and I would love to see more of Johan!
Jeff
I have also wished that Johan made some more lessons here and I remember asking Kris to see if he was available. Maybe he'll show up again. I remember when this lesson was posted a long time ago and I thought it was awesome and learned it back then and I still play it from time to time. It's funny you should record this Marcus because I was just thinking that you and Johan both have a similar style with strong vibrato and great tone!

Johan really nails this and makes it look so easy. It's definitely one of my favorites here and your recording is great! biggrin.gif
axelsson
Hey, great job! You nailed it! I also noticed this solo some time ago, kinda hidden in the depths of all of the lessons that actually exists, this one emerged tongue.gif And i liked it very much as well
Eat-Sleep-andJam
QUOTE (lavendell @ Nov 3 2007, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys!

I was browsing through the lessons here last night, and I found the awesome D.N.A.F.T solo by Johan Larsson. A simply amazing solo!! smile.gif And I think Johan's playing is just fantastic! Great tone, feel, phrasing, vibrato, etc... just perfect!! biggrin.gif

Kris,
why doesn't he make more lessons?!

Anyways, here's my attempt to play his great solo (it's not note by note the same, and not as good as Johan plays it though) smile.gif

Click to view attachment

-Marcus

Well for starters your bending was out of pitch. .....

Your Vibrato is Terrible.......

And you have no musical talent what so ever ....

You seriously need to practice more. I cant believe people try to learn from all your mistakes dry.gif wink.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

Nice Cover Marcus ! Always love to hear you play biggrin.gif smile.gif
Marcus Lavendell
Thanks for the feedback, John! I promise I will work on those things! wink.gif smile.gif
Bedlam
I completely missed this lesson. Thanks Marcus for pointing it out. You're version was very well done.
Tjchep
Heres his site..

http://www.larssonmusic.com/
mattacuk
I remember seeing this when I first joined, it is fantastic and marcus's cover is superb (who would have guessed wink.gif )
Marcus Lavendell
Thank you mattacuk! smile.gif
Toni Suominen
Very nice cover Marcus, I think you nailed it perfectly smile.gif
Marcus Lavendell
Thanks Toni! smile.gif
Unleash-The-Shred
I've never even seen that. So sick.

I hope he does more lessons.

Where were you searching when you found this?
Marcus Lavendell
It was listed in the random lessons, to the right on the main page biggrin.gif
Unleash-The-Shred
Oh ok.
Freebird
Marcus that was really close! You did an excellent job smile.gif (as always... we know smile.gif)
Marcus Lavendell
Thank you Freebird! smile.gif
JVM
Kinda cool seeing his site and a couple of the other things he's done though its probably all very old.
Marcus Lavendell
Yeah, it looks like his site were updated last in april 2006... sad.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
NIce stuff man smile.gif Reminds me on some summer hit smile.gif
Jeff
Marcus,

Did you save the PODxt tone that you used for this? You really nailed Johan's tone - which is awesome! biggrin.gif
Marcus Lavendell
No, I didn't save it! Sorry! sad.gif

But if I remember correct, I used my patch and just added some compression and also turned the treble down to zero. smile.gif
kyldeee
This is great biggrin.gif Great job Marcus, as always smile.gif
Marcus Lavendell
Thank you kyldeee! smile.gif

I really hope we can see more lessons from Johan some day biggrin.gif
Jeff
Here is my feeble attempt Marcus. A little sloppy, but fun to play! smile.gif
Click to view attachment

Marcus Lavendell
QUOTE (jeff @ Feb 17 2008, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is my feeble attempt Marcus. A little sloppy, but fun to play! smile.gif
Click to view attachment

Sorry, I missed your upload Jeff!

Great job! biggrin.gif Yes, It's a bit sloppy at some places, but over all - very good!
Have you been working on that vibrato as well? I think it's getting better and better every time I hear you play! smile.gif

Muris Varajic
Ooups,dunno how I missed blink.gif

Great take Marcus,and Jeff of course! smile.gif

Would love to see more of Johan's lessons tho. biggrin.gif
Marcus Lavendell
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 19 2008, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ooups,dunno how I missed blink.gif

Great take Marcus,and Jeff of course! smile.gif

Would love to see more of Johan's lessons tho. biggrin.gif

Thanks Muris!
I would also like to see more lessons from Johan smile.gif

Kris,
Did you manage to get in contact with him? any luck? unsure.gif
Kristofer Dahl
No - and I have sent him several notification about our discussions sad.gif
DeepRoots
Hmm- does anybody have jedi mind tricks? perhaps he can be pursuaded.....

or maybe we can send out the Dahlanator mad.gif

laugh.gif
Jeff
QUOTE (lavendell @ Feb 19 2008, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, I missed your upload Jeff!

Great job! biggrin.gif Yes, It's a bit sloppy at some places, but over all - very good!
Have you been working on that vibrato as well? I think it's getting better and better every time I hear you play! smile.gif

Thanks Marcus. Yeah, I have been working on vibrato a lot. With me, I have always done vibrato by bending the string upwards. My vibrato is faster than I want. I am trying to slow it down and get better control. I am trying to learn to do it by bending the string downwards and get both ways under control. I takes work for me.
I never did think much about vibrato until I saw you do it that well and realized what it could add to my playing. So, I have really been trying. smile.gif
Marcus Lavendell
Great to hear that Jeff!

Just keep on practicing the same way you're doing now, and you'll get there in no time smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.