Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stretches
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
shammy
wow since I have joined this site I have seen a huge leap in my playing. I have also seen what I suck at and old bad habits too. What can I do to practice getting those 6 fret stretches down. I am having a difficult time trying to stretch the distance of 5 or 6frets without having to lift off my fingers. seems I could do this when I was younger, lol I am 34 now.
Soul_Decision
Start stretching at the higher frets and practice there. Once your fingers are able to handle the stretch, gradually move down to the other frets. That will help you a lot.
shammy
Thx, Yes I am practicing that everyday, I just didn't know if there were some kind of insane suicide stretch exercises to do. I am currently searching the sight for some. Thx again. I had nerve damage for awhile in my fretting hand so I think that I lost alot from that, that I need to build back up. Pinched nerve being a guitarist is pure hell.
Muris Varajic
You can make many exercises for that by yourself,I'm sure of it. smile.gif
And love the avatar...real message wink.gif
shammy
Got it Muris, Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.