Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post Your Desktop
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Animosity
Ok, so I have been on other forums where I have started this topic. It is quite interesting to see what other people's desktops look like.

If you need help figuring out how to take a picture of your desktop and then displaying it on this thread, send me a PM. I would be glad to help!

Rules:
  • Keep the size down, we don't want your desktop taking up the whole page
  • No nudity please, people take offense
  • No Bashing anyone else's desktop
  • No controversial issues as desktops(Example: No words praising one religion over another)
  • Explain your desktop, if you want!
Alright, I will kick this off:

It is just a simple theme, black with Jimmy Page's infamous mark. I love Jimmy Page, so I enjoy looking at this background every time I turn my computer on!
Soul_Decision
Your desktop sucks!!!!! tongue.gif just messing with you..You like that anime Bleach?
Animosity
QUOTE (Soul_Decision @ Nov 7 2007, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your desktop sucks!!!!! tongue.gif just messing with you..You like that anime Bleach?

Hahaha, I think I died a little inside. laugh.gif

Yea I love bleach, I just recently started reading the manga. However, my true passion is with Naruto. wub.gif
Pavel
Ok, here it is: as i have 2 monitors, 1 is the main Windows monitor and the other one is an extended desktop which is basically just a copy of background. Usually it's filled with ICQ windows, and Firefox - while the main one is used for work and studying - damn i love 2 monitors. Yesterday i was uploading a new lesson, also typing text explanations, while on the other monitor i had a huge chat session with 6 guys and i could always keep track of the chat without swapping through windows.

Desktop 1:

Click to view attachment

Desktop 2:

Click to view attachment
Ayen

Kinda cluttered at the moment. The background is one I made, with the Playstation slogan, switched around for a much more dramatic effect. On the right are all my Sega-to-PSP ROMs, the rest is either games or something I don't want to look for in the future.
Pavel
Oh my...now that's what i call a MESS ON THE DESKTOP! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Animosity
Nice guys, keep 'em coming!

At Ayen: That's not the worst I have seen! In one of my previous topics, a guy had around 10,000 items on his desktop! He created a scrolling database on his desktop that let him manage all of them.
Ayen
Yeah, I have to clear through this today, right now I'm just getting my ROMs to work on the PSP, and then getting the PSP screen to show up on the computer, and THEN I have a whole lot more to do sad.gif.
Tjchep
http://usera.imagecave.com/Tjchep/ojk.jpg

Thumb Nail didn't work.. Sorry :-/

Basic..

Nothing special to talk about here cool.gif .
FretDancer69
QUOTE (Ayen @ Nov 7 2007, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kinda cluttered at the moment. The background is one I made, with the Playstation slogan, switched around for a much more dramatic effect. On the right are all my Sega-to-PSP ROMs, the rest is either games or something I don't want to look for in the future.

holy!!!!
Spiderusalem
I cycle through a lot of desktop pictures. here are a few:

I dont know if you can tell but I really like futurama

my favorite photoshop of all time, originally lee harvey oswold getting shot.
Animosity
Spiderusalem, the last two are AMAZING!
Spiderusalem
QUOTE (Animosity @ Nov 7 2007, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spiderusalem, the last two are AMAZING!

as in the ones on there right now? the original post had 5 but I took off 2 because I felt it would of been too many
Animosity
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 7 2007, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as in the ones on there right now? the original post had 5 but I took off 2 because I felt it would of been too many

Hahaha, the original lineup.

Although.. Who did that Futurama drawing?!?! It's awesome!
Spiderusalem

well heres the other one.
Animosity
Hahaha, Fry could totally pull off an animated Bruce Willis! Yea you do love Futurama don't you!
Rolls
Hey Pavel,

Since you have 2 monitors you should download "UltraMon." That way you can have a task bar on the second monitor, have separate wallpapers for each monitor, and even set it so that apps opened on the left monitor will minimize to the left task bar and vise versa.

Cheers
Rolls

QUOTE (Pavel @ Nov 7 2007, 03:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, here it is: as i have 2 monitors, 1 is the main Windows monitor and the other one is an extended desktop which is basically just a copy of background. Usually it's filled with ICQ windows, and Firefox - while the main one is used for work and studying - damn i love 2 monitors. Yesterday i was uploading a new lesson, also typing text explanations, while on the other monitor i had a huge chat session with 6 guys and i could always keep track of the chat without swapping through windows.
Desktop 1:
Zephyr
A collage-thing I made a while back... I forgot quite a few that I hate myself for that I noticed after I made it and was too lazy to change. biggrin.gif Most notably Eric Johnson... sad.gif

Click to view attachment

Can you name them all?

I plan on making a second one with all of the ones that aren't on this one...
Spiderusalem
QUOTE (Animosity @ Nov 7 2007, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahaha, Fry could totally pull off an animated Bruce Willis! Yea you do love Futurama don't you!

Truly I do.

I dont know who makes/draws these images, but they are brilliant, no?

There are many unsung geniuses on the internet, armed only with photoshop/ms.paint and a sense of humor
Animosity
Hmm I see(not in order):

Hendrix
Hammett
Clapton
Wylde
LeadBelly
Slash
Young
PAGE!!
Vai

A few other faces that I cannot connect with names!
Nice background!
Zephyr
QUOTE (Animosity @ Nov 7 2007, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm I see(not in order):

Hendrix
Hammett
Clapton
Wylde
LeadBelly
Slash
Young
PAGE!!
Vai

Nice background!

laugh.gif Nice, to be honest, I forgot who one of them is... ohmy.gif The guy in the upper right, I can't remember for the life of me who he is! Some classic rock guitarist... They look way too much alike!
But, Lead Belly is wrong... I think you meant Robert Johnson? huh.gif
Animosity
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Nov 7 2007, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif Nice, to be honest, I forgot who one of them is... ohmy.gif The guy in the upper right, I can't remember for the life of me who he is! Some classic rock guitarist... They look way too much alike!
But, Lead Belly is wrong... I think you meant Robert Johnson? huh.gif

Oh, you're right!! LOL

Oh I didn't see Satch hiding in there! Is that Brian May I see?
Zephyr
QUOTE (Animosity @ Nov 7 2007, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, you're right!! LOL

Oh I didn't see Satch hiding in there! Is that Brian May I see?

Yep, both of them!
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Animosity @ Nov 7 2007, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm I see(not in order):

Hendrix
Hammett
Clapton
Wylde
LeadBelly
Slash
Young
PAGE!!
Vai

Nice background!

B.B. King
Robert Johnson
Brian O'May
Santana
David Gilmour
Eddie Van Halen
Joe Perry

Maybe I missed few as well... wink.gif
Zephyr
OK, so far...

Jimi Hendrix
Kirk Hammet
Eric Clapton
Zakk Wylde
Robert Johnson
Slash
Angus Young
Jimmy Page
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
B.B. King
Brian May
Carlos Santana
David Gilmour
Eddie Van Halen
Joe Perry

Still missing three!

By the way, Joe Perry was the one I forgot, thanks Muris!
Muris Varajic
I believe it's John Mayer far center left.
Keith Richards might be guy in the middle with Les Paul
and bottom one..hmm..maybe Ted Nugent.
Zephyr
QUOTE (muris @ Nov 7 2007, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe it's John Mayer far center left.
Keith Richards might be guy in the middle with Les Paul
and bottom one..hmm..maybe Ted Nugent.

John Mayer is right, but the other two are way off... blink.gif

A hint for the guy on the bottom, he usually plays a Strat... and there's a lesson on him on this website.

The guy with the LP, think the Yardbirds.
PlayAllDay
John Frusciante with the White Falcon

And the guy with the LP must be Jeff Beck then
Zephyr
QUOTE (PlayAllDay @ Nov 7 2007, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
John Frusciante with the White Falcon

And the guy with the LP must be Jeff Beck then

You got it! I might have cried if no one got Beck...
PlayAllDay
I'll save that pic if you don't mind Zephyr, it's good. I would have liked SRV in it.
ClifordACDC
heres mine
Spiderusalem
QUOTE (ClifordACDC @ Nov 7 2007, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heres mine

you win
Animosity
Very nice Cliford! I see that deadly World of Warcraft on your desktop, what server are you on? biggrin.gif
ClifordACDC
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 6 2007, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you win

yeah i had a feeling i would tongue.gif . and animosity WoW is just the 10 day trial i got to make my friend happy because he realy wanted me to play. im not gonna buy it though because i might get addicted and never play guitar and i dont want that happening lol.
Animosity
QUOTE (ClifordACDC @ Nov 7 2007, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah i had a feeling i would tongue.gif . an animosity WoW is just the 10 day trial i got to make my friend happy because he realy wanted me to play. im not gonna buy it though because i might get addicted and never play guitar and i dont want that happening lol.

Good choice! I quit WoW, and I haven't played for a while. This dang Unforgiven song (you know, by that band Metallica? laugh.gif ) has been the center of my attention lately!
ClifordACDC
of course i know that song, i love metallica and that is a damn good song.
VinceG

Im on my Street Fighter days. I have a few game and movie ost which have some cool shred-esq songs.

Spider, I didnt know you like Futurama. Love that show. I've seen every episode atleast 25 times and yet, I watch it at 11 at night and reruns at 2. Gotta love Fry and Bender. The best cartoon duel since Homer and Bart
Animosity
Street Fighter was great. Long live CS 1.6!!! biggrin.gif
VinceG
long live Naruto. Haha where are you at when it comes to episodes? Are you following the Japanese or English(Toonami). I am in the new Shippuden episodes. Its making me mad because they release one 21 min episode every 2 weeks. Makes me cringe.
ClifordACDC
wow thats realy cool vinceG.
FretDancer69
jeez, u all have WoW on their desktops laugh.gif
ClifordACDC
laugh.gif for me its only the 10 day trial which expired months ago so i dont play it and i never will again. guitar is 100 times more important to me than some game.
VinceG
QUOTE (ClifordACDC @ Nov 7 2007, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow thats realy cool vinceG.

Thanks, bring back tons of memories. I like AKuma. He was just bada**. I would love to play those old 2d fighting games again. Anyone remember Marvel vs. Capcom? Great game. Hundreds of hours wasted playing that game with buddies.
FretDancer69
QUOTE (ClifordACDC @ Nov 7 2007, 04:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif for me its only the 10 day trial which expired months ago so i dont play it and i never will again. guitar is 100 times more important to me than some game.

well said smile.gif
Animosity
QUOTE (VinceG @ Nov 7 2007, 04:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
long live Naruto. Haha where are you at when it comes to episodes? Are you following the Japanese or English(Toonami). I am in the new Shippuden episodes. Its making me mad because they release one 21 min episode every 2 weeks. Makes me cringe.

Oh I gave up on the Anime. They were putting out filler episodes and thats all I had to watch (before Shippuden times). So, I dropped the anime altogether. I get freshly translated Manga the week the author puts it out in Japan. So, in terms of Naruto, I am as up to date as the Japanese people reading the manga. I actually prefer the Manga to the Anime!
The Uncreator
The maiden one wins, bar none.
ClifordACDC
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Nov 6 2007, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The maiden one wins, bar none.

thanks, i had a feeling you would say that laugh.gif
VinceG
QUOTE (Animosity @ Nov 7 2007, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh I gave up on the Anime. They were putting out filler episodes and thats all I had to watch (before Shippuden times). So, I dropped the anime altogether. I get freshly translated Manga the week the author puts it out in Japan. So, in terms of Naruto, I am as up to date as the Japanese people reading the manga. I actually prefer the Manga to the Anime!

So where are you? Are you up to the point where Chiyo Basama just resurrected Gaara and Naruto and the gang are going back to The Leaf Village or are you farther than me. If you are then no spoilers lol. Thats the last aired episode atm. I would read the manga but I dont know where to find em.
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Nov 7 2007, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
John Mayer is right, but the other two are way off... blink.gif

A hint for the guy on the bottom, he usually plays a Strat... and there's a lesson on him on this website.

The guy with the LP, think the Yardbirds.

Yeah,not so great picts as well as my eyes laugh.gif
Animosity
QUOTE (VinceG @ Nov 7 2007, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So where are you? Are you up to the point where Chiyo Basama just resurrected Gaara and Naruto and the gang are going back to The Leaf Village or are you farther than me. If you are then no spoilers lol. Thats the last aired episode atm. I would read the manga but I dont know where to find em.

Let's just say, the episode you are talking about is Manga number 278, I am on manga number 376. biggrin.gif

I can give you the site I get my manga from if you want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.