Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You Dream Guitar?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Pages: 1, 2
steve25
What is your dream guitar that you'd love to have one day? Or maybe you've already got it, and if so what is it? For me, ever since my old guitar teacher played to me his PRS Custom i've wanted one, and i still want one now! The problem is, they're fair from cheap, ranging from around £1500 - £3000. Fortunatly the prices have gone down slightly on them, but i still have a long way to go. For no particular reason i've managed to save just under £800, so i won't be getting one anytime soon. Also i'm only on a part time job as i'm at college which doesn't help tongue.gif. Christmas is coming up which means i'll spend a bit, but on the upside i'll get money for christmas as well. I do want to buy a guitar next year, but i don't see it being a PRS custom for a while tongue.gif
Spiderusalem
My dream guitar is a JEM with EMG's, a hotrail, with locking tuners and a killswitch.

but if I can go wild, it would be a modeling guitar that doesn't require batteries, with a floyd and an LP structure. also, its made with left-over wood from noah's arc.
Fabian Schulz
ähm sry biggrin.gif what is a killswitch?
funkymilk
MUSICMAN AXIS!! for now anyway,
Spiderusalem
QUOTE (Fabian Schulz @ Nov 8 2007, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ähm sry biggrin.gif what is a killswitch?

its the button that can be fitted into your guitar that kills the other guitar player you're dueling.....

No, it sends the signal to ground so the volume goes down to 0 for the duration that your finger is on the button. It can be used for dramatic effect, ala

Buckethead:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pytlmRmxZkA

or Tom Morello
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7LFUva7Xe94
Unleash-The-Shred
Definitely a custom PRS, or a custom Carvin, but I also want this.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gib...dtop?sku=514376
Spiderusalem
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 8 2007, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Definitely a custom PRS, or a custom Carvin, but I also want this.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gib...dtop?sku=514376

you must really love that thing. you've linked it before.

I dont know if I'm ready for a custom myself. Its one of those things where I wouldn't know exactly what specs I want
Unleash-The-Shred
I do haha, or the Gibson Custom Silverburst. biggrin.gif

I will get them all eventually.
Fabian Schulz
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 9 2007, 05:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its the button that can be fitted into your guitar that kills the other guitar player you're dueling.....
No, it sends the signal to ground so the volume goes down to 0 for the duration that your finger is on the button. It can be used for dramatic effect, ala

Buckethead:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pytlmRmxZkA

or Tom Morello
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7LFUva7Xe94

ah ok smile.gif I already knew the buckethead video but i didn't know what he did there biggrin.gif Thanks for the explanation
Robin
Leo Kottke's signature guitar. Bjørn Berge also use it.

http://www.taylorguitars.com/Guitars/Acous...12-String/LKSM/

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tay...itar?sku=517558

The price is not nice though, musiciansfriend.com says 2500$, but it will cost twice as much in Norway.
When I get rich I'll get one.
ScottieDog
Jimmy Page's - Gibson SG twin neck wink.gif
steve25
Cool some nice guitars up there. I've never really been interested in the gibson les pauls, just always after that PRS custom
Kevin98497
probably Tony MacAlpine's Carvin guitar with floatin trem at all, at the moment anyway:P
Xranthoius
hmmm.... a white jem, golden pickups and a pure diamond wammy biggrin.gif
Spiderusalem
QUOTE (Xranthoius @ Nov 8 2007, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmmm.... a white jem, golden pickups and a pure diamond wammy biggrin.gif

dont forget the platinum strings that never go out of tune, and wood that came from yggdrasil, the tree of life.
Xranthoius
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 8 2007, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dont forget the platinum strings that never go out of tune, and wood that came from yggdrasil, the tree of life.

laugh.gif
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Yeah I have a tree of life. Its right next to my other one that grows money wink.gif
The Uncreator
A custom Ibanez Guitar.

Flying V Body, nice and sharp. Custom paintjob by Luis Royo( Black body, with one of his paintings on on top), 7 strings, Edge Pro 7 Tremelo, Dave Mustaine Livewire pickup in the bridge, Dimarzio Evo for the neck. Black hardware.

I would also like an Ibanez Xiphos, same as above, but with a painting by Joseph Linsner on it, still a 7 string as well.
Unleash-The-Shred
Where can you buy a killswitch? I searched it but didn't really get any results except for Killswitch Engage.
Spiderusalem
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 8 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where can you buy a killswitch? I searched it but didn't really get any results except for Killswitch Engage.

heres the kicker. theres only one guitar out there with a killswitch already installed and its this dinky little squier http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squ...itch?sku=513752

you have to install a killswitch yourself. theres how to sites and videos everywhere.
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 8 2007, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heres the kicker. theres only one guitar out there with a killswitch already installed and its this dinky little squier http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squ...itch?sku=513752
you have to install a killswitch yourself. theres how to sites and videos everywhere.

Well I know that that Fender has one build in and so does the Les Paul BFG, but I was wondering where I could just buy the switch not a whole guitar.
Twibeard
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 9 2007, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Found it Spider cool.gif
<-- wood from Yggdrasil
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (Twibeard @ Nov 8 2007, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Found it Spider cool.gif
<-- wood from Yggdrasil

I have that exact JEM.
Batista
Definitely this one:

Click to view attachment

Or an Alpine White Gibsom LP.
steve25
QUOTE (Batista @ Nov 9 2007, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Definitely this one:

Click to view attachment

Or an Alpine White Gibsom LP.

Never seen that one before, that one is weird looking lol
Batista
It is damn hot and sexy in my opinion. Luca Turilli uses that one, just in different colors.
Twibeard
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 9 2007, 06:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have that exact JEM.

Oooh man Unleash .... ohmy.gif .... I really love that 77B ....
PolackHax0r
I LOVE that guitar!!!

-Justin
Unleash-The-Shred
I don't think they even make them anymore. I bought the last one musiciansfriend.com had unless they ordered more.
steve25
It's alright guys, we just need to find out who the richest GMC member is, and be extra nice to them especially as christmas is round the corner tongue.gif
botoxfox
'
Unleash-The-Shred
I really like this one.

http://guitarasylum.com/home4.htm

Edit: Sorry, I don't know why the link didn't work. I'll upload a pic.

Here is the pic.
Scott Gentzen
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 9 2007, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While installing your own isn't difficult, and I don't know of any configured as a button like that, you can get Les Paul's with an up/down killswitch.

QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 9 2007, 05:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really like this one.

http://guitarasylum.com/home4.htm

Edit: Sorry, I don't know why the link didn't work. I'll upload a pic.

Here is the pic.

Someone on the site here has one of those. I can't remember who, but I remember a discussion around that guitar
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ Nov 9 2007, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While installing your own isn't difficult, and I don't know of any configured as a button like that, you can get Les Paul's with an up/down killswitch.
Someone on the site here has one of those. I can't remember who, but I remember a discussion around that guitar

Yeah i'm fine with my JEM77B though, I like it better.

Also, do you know where I can purchase a killswitch on the internet.
shredmandan
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 8 2007, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know that Squire doesnt look that bad especially being all Alder body.You could just replace the bridge and tuner's and you would have a sweet guitar.I wonder how much it costs to have a killswitch put in a guitar you have already custom done?Might have to find that out
Spiderusalem
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 8 2007, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

technicly theres no such thing as an official "killswitch" its more just a guitar mod.

In fact the switch itself is just a red button (regularly on) you can buy from radio shack.

you can have a killswitch setup on any guitar with two volume knobs. just set one to all the way down and the other to all the way up, then switch between the two, though this method is a lot harder to work with. I can sort of do it with my hellraiser, but nothing beats an actual button you can press (because its faster)

QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 8 2007, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok all this JEM talk is making me jealous mad.gif

thats a beautiful guitar tho, how much did yours set you back?
shredmandan
My dream guitar would be almost the exact guitar i once owned and had to sell about 5 months ago.A jackson USA Soloist with Pile of Skulls paint job thats now discontinued.I would want a early 90's one that was made before Fender bought out Jackson,also i would want it to have all gold hardware and speed knobs.I would like H/S/H set-up with Duncan SH-6 Distortion in Bridge and a Sh-2 jAZZ Humbucker in Neck.Guitar has a really fast thin neck that's awesome for lead and shred.One day i gotta get it back!!!I had the same guitar only difference was it was made in Japan and cost me $1000,.00 insted of like $2800,.00

Click to view attachment
Andrew Cockburn
That was a sweet design Dan ... I hope you get her back one day.
shredmandan
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 9 2007, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was a sweet design Dan ... I hope you get her back one day.

Thanks Andrew
Yep that was mine in the picture.That was the most special guitar i've owned other than the old Martin.I put so much time into getting that thing where i wanted it.I put a SH-13 George Lynch Screamon Demon in it at first then i put a SH-12 Dimebucker in and was on my way to having the perfect guitar for me.I'll definatly get another one oneday thanks to Ebay laugh.gif ,But i will have to pay twice as much as i did the first time.

I actually really lucked out getting this guitar cause i traded a Martin D-16GT at the guitar shop for the Jackson new.Around here its very rare for a guitar shop to take a trade on there gear ,but ofcourse Martin is a name that speaks for itself biggrin.gif and it was a really fair deal.

I think that this guitar will be one of the ones that go up in value with time just based on the paint job that the custom shop no longer does.I swear its even more pretty in person laugh.gif
Muris Varajic
I've got mine and 7 strings version is on its way tho cool.gif
coffeeman
QUOTE (muris @ Nov 9 2007, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And which is your guitar Muris? Of course we have seen it in the lessons , but I don´t know what guiytar is.
DeepRoots
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Nov 9 2007, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And which is your guitar Muris? Of course we have seen it in the lessons , but I don´t know what guiytar is.

its a MK guitars custom model i believe...
shredmandan
QUOTE (muris @ Nov 9 2007, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man Muris i forgot about 7 strings laugh.gif I would love to have one of those as well.Cant wait till you get your's and start making some lessons with it.I think im going to try and just buy a cheap Washburn 7 string soon and replace the humbucker's.
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Nov 9 2007, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its a MK guitars custom model i believe...

Yep biggrin.gif
steve25
shred that's an awesome looking guitar. How come you had to get rid of it what happened? Well don't wait too long because it might get a bit ridiculous buying and finding it
Animosity
My dream guitar:

I'll have it one day. As for now, my Epiphone LP Studio works fine. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 8 2007, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was drinking some juice as I read your post. When I read that sentence, the juice shot out of my nose. Thanks for that.

QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Nov 8 2007, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I have a tree of life. Its right next to my other one that grows money wink.gif

Really? You should come over to my place for a party. I have a tree that grows beer.
Zephyr
Do you have to ask? Ibanez JEM7WH...
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 9 2007, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
technicly theres no such thing as an official "killswitch" its more just a guitar mod.

In fact the switch itself is just a red button (regularly on) you can buy from radio shack.
you can have a killswitch setup on any guitar with two volume knobs. just set one to all the way down and the other to all the way up, then switch between the two, though this method is a lot harder to work with. I can sort of do it with my hellraiser, but nothing beats an actual button you can press (because its faster)
ok all this JEM talk is making me jealous mad.gif

thats a beautiful guitar tho, how much did yours set you back?

About $3,000.00

QUOTE (shredmandan @ Nov 9 2007, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My dream guitar would be almost the exact guitar i once owned and had to sell about 5 months ago.A jackson USA Soloist with Pile of Skulls paint job thats now discontinued.I would want a early 90's one that was made before Fender bought out Jackson,also i would want it to have all gold hardware and speed knobs.I would like H/S/H set-up with Duncan SH-6 Distortion in Bridge and a Sh-2 jAZZ Humbucker in Neck.Guitar has a really fast thin neck that's awesome for lead and shred.One day i gotta get it back!!!I had the same guitar only difference was it was made in Japan and cost me $1000,.00 insted of like $2800,.00

Click to view attachment

Jackson has a custom shop where you can just request to have that made and they will make it for you.
Zephyr
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 8 2007, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif I gotta get one of those...
Spiderusalem
QUOTE (Animosity @ Nov 8 2007, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was drinking some juice as I read your post. When I read that sentence, the juice shot out of my nose. Thanks for that.

what can I say.

I please to aim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.