Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Michael Angelo Batio
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Concert Reviews
The Uncreator

Artist: Michael Angelo Batio

Well, i must let you all know, i just came back from a Michael Angelo Batio concert, and WOW!! I have never seen such an awe inspiring performance. He played all of my favorite tracks including "Burn", "Hands Without Shadows", "Tribute To Rhandy", and my all time favorite..."Rainforest". His performance was flawless, every note was perfectly played. In between each song he would talk to the crowd and tell some pretty crazy and funny stories about tours and how the double and quad guitar came around, his old bands, it was just fun, some pretty funny moments. Oh, and seeing his Signature "Armorflame" Dean in person was outstanding, it is just a beautiful instrument, he also brought with him his new Double-Guitar, with the flame burst finish. I got to the show a few hours early and got to hang out with him and talk about gear, guitar, music, such a nice and cool guy. And during the famous double-guitar solo (In person, Live, its four times as amazing) he tossed his pick out right before he plays "True-Right" section, and it landed right on my lap!! on top of that i got a signed Dean catalog and signed Michale Angelo Batio poster!! It was one of the best nights of my life, i have enough inspiration to last me the rest of my life!!

PS

I asked him if he was naturally left or right, and he is naturally left, and plays right since he has more control over his left hand, in case anyone ever wondered wink.gif

He is doing shows all around the US Now, so check out His site (Angelo.com) and see if you can go see the amazing batio live!!
Soul_Decision
Nice man!!! I really want to go to one of his concerts smile.gif
Animosity
That is amazing man! I can't believe you got his autograph and pick! Very nice!
FretDancer69
awesome dude... ur so lucky that u got to talk to him, and its awesome u got so much inspiration out of the event. awesome review, i enjoyed it alot.
Unleash-The-Shred
That must have been amazing.
Pavel
Congrats m8! You were lucky to see him live! Awesome man! Any pictures?
The Uncreator
Yeah i got pictures, not the best of quality, but i will be uploading them wink.gif
Jorbazz
Michael is amazing tongue.gif Have anyone of you seen the youtube video whene he plays with a doubleneck?
Pavel
That video is on his homepage! By the way, visit www.angelo.com to see his picture gallery and some really cool videos and his equipment and guitar collection smile.gif
shellshock1911
I just slowed down the G minor sweep tapped arpeggios in No Boundaries and they are 35-42 notes per second, faster than Francesco!
at lights end
that guy is insane.
you got to meet him, got his autograph and pick!?
you lucky guy! blink.gif biggrin.gif
The Uncreator
Yeah it was a breathtaking Night, he is such a cool guy, full of massive amounts of guitar knowledge and helpful advice, Incredible Musician!
Tomotoms
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jan 7 2008, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just slowed down the G minor sweep tapped arpeggios in No Boundaries and they are 35-42 notes per second, faster than Francesco!

I'm sorry, 35 notes per second?

Are you sure that's right. That would be the same as playing semi-quavers at 525bpm.
shellshock1911
QUOTE (Tomotoms @ Jan 8 2008, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry, 35 notes per second?

Are you sure that's right. That would be the same as playing semi-quavers at 525bpm.

Yep thats if each note rang out though. He plays them so fast that some notes get "eaten," so it is less than 525 but still. Check the tab out. It is 16th notes played at 200 BPM. Except they aren't group in 4 even beats, and they aren't grouped as 16th note triplets, but are grouped as 7 notes per beat. The entire arpeggio is 14 notes, he plays it about twice and one half time in 1 second, so comes out at about roughly 35-42 notes per second.
The Uncreator
Sounds about right, He can play fast and maintain some insane cool melodies.
Smikey2006
Wow thats insanity.. would be awsome to see someone like this live! ur a lucky guy uncreator
Juan M. Valero
Where are the pictures ??? tongue.gif

hehe, congratulations, he's a great guitar player
The Uncreator
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Jan 8 2008, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where are the pictures ??? tongue.gif

hehe, congratulations, he's a great guitar player

Every picture i got was right at the moment he moved so the light behind him shined on the camera, sadly they are all horrible quality due to this.
Tomotoms
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jan 8 2008, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep thats if each note rang out though. He plays them so fast that some notes get "eaten," so it is less than 525 but still. Check the tab out. It is 16th notes played at 200 BPM. Except they aren't group in 4 even beats, and they aren't grouped as 16th note triplets, but are grouped as 7 notes per beat. The entire arpeggio is 14 notes, he plays it about twice and one half time in 1 second, so comes out at about roughly 35-42 notes per second.

7 notes a beat at 200bpm is about 23 notes a second, which is still insanely fast and more than I can ever hope to acheive sad.gif
Mark.
You're so lucky you got his pick !!
What sort picks does he use tongue.gif ?
The Uncreator
Custom Dunlop's, With a red silhouette of his double guitar smile.gif
Mackietao
Lucky one smile.gif

But I´ve met Janne Shaffer.. tongue.gif

I never really listened to Batio. But I saw one of his instructional videos once and he seemed like a funny guy. He sure tried to be which I appreciate. Nothing worse then those Uberserious non smiliing guys. Or the super cocky show offs.. Haha, but Yngwie is sort of fun in his own way.
Pavel
Michael is fun - and he is not pretending to be funny - he just acts naturally! That's what is especially cool about him smile.gif
Toni Suominen
Sounds like a great gig! smile.gif
Mackietao
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 11 2008, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Michael is fun - and he is not pretending to be funny - he just acts naturally! That's what is especially cool about him smile.gif

How do you pretend to be funny? tongue.gif

You pull a joke and then say something like.. "Hold your laughs back everyone. That wasnt´ really a joke. I was just pretending, so it wasn´t actually funny" tongue.gif

Nah, I see where you getting at Pavel. But in that vid he does that voice imitation over and over again. I think he tries to be funny on purpose. At least in the one I saw smile.gif
Danilo Capezzuto
Great Michael...when he shake your hands he shake them so fast 'til they burn out! tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.