Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Laptop Ram Question
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Unleash-The-Shred
Does any Laptop RAM fit in any laptop? I know certain motherboards support one memory stick and others support two which i'm not sure which mine is but will any single memory stick fit in any laptop?
Soul_Decision
No, you have to open up your laptop and see what size of a ram stick you will need.
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (Soul_Decision @ Nov 13 2007, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, you have to open up your laptop and see what size of a ram stick you will need.

Ok, well I have an HP Pavilion dv5000, does anyone know what RAM that would take.
The Uncreator
You should match the RAMS Megahertz with your laptops motherboard for top performance.
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Nov 13 2007, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should match the RAMS Megahertz with your laptops motherboard for top performance.

Ok, how do I find out what the Mhz's for my computer are though. I plan on building a desktop computer in the future also but I need to get some money and perhaps a job laugh.gif first. I want to make a computer for gaming and music.

But anyways back to the laptop for now...
Soul_Decision
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 13 2007, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, well I have an HP Pavilion dv5000, does anyone know what RAM that would take.

Google it. Type the name of your computer and then put ram upgrades.
Should help you.
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (Soul_Decision @ Nov 13 2007, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Google it. Type the name of your computer and then put ram upgrades.
Should help you.

Ok
Unleash-The-Shred
1GB of DDR SDRAM (1x1,024MB)

This is whats listed for the RAM on my computer. Does that determine the size?
radarlove1984
I just found this for you:

http://www.4allmemory.com/index.cfm?fuseac...mit=Find+Memory

It says your computer can hold a max of 2.0gb ram.

That's just from the first google link though, so you may be able to find a cheaper price.

On that website, ram sells for about $90 bucks a gig
Unleash-The-Shred
Ok, thanks.
kahall
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 13 2007, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does any Laptop RAM fit in any laptop? I know certain motherboards support one memory stick and others support two which i'm not sure which mine is but will any single memory stick fit in any laptop?

Crucial has a nice "Scan My System" thing that works great. I use it all the time when I do not want to open the case until I have the sticks in my hand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.