Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mockingbird & Rp-80
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Gear Reviews
g-forcelover
This review is for two pieces of gear. First, the B.C. Rich Mockingbird Special Electric Guitar. I'm not very good at reviews though. But let me tell you, It plays fast! I use A strat at home, And I need a new guitar. I don't quite own it, but I played it at a guitar center. And for a used model, it was teriffic!!! I played the dirtly little thing solo, by velvet revolver, I goes a bit fast for my skill, but on this guitar I nailed every note perfectly. It has a
Mahogany Body
Arched Top
5-Ply Binding
Neck-thru Construction
Ebony Fingerboard
Classic BCR Headstock
24-3/4" Scale
22 Jumbo Frets
Pearl Cloud Inlays
2 Rockfield SWV Pickups
Tone Pros Tune-O-Matic Bridge and a
Tone Pros Stop tailpiece.
Way better than a strat, even used! The guitar is better than other brand new guitars by B.C Rich. Also better than dean razorbacks, Les Pauls, and all other guitars at the store that I played, And I had stayed there for 2 hours.I was playing a used one, so it was &351.00, But new it costs $670.00. I was playing it through a Crate GT1200H/G412SL Half Stack, and it had very nice gain.

Now for the Digitech RP-80.
I own one of these, and It is brilliant! It has 40 effects, and many amp, cabinet, and acoustic modeling. It has 80 channels, It repeats so you can have your own presets and keep the original. It has a wah, delay, distortion, overdrive, and much more. And it only cost $80.00!!!! It is top quality though, don't be fooled by the price, or the ratings.

To sum it up, they are both great. If you see one, you should go ahead and get it, and be happy for the rest of your life. biggrin.gif
Unleash-The-Shred
That Mockingbird sounds like a sick guitar. Nice review.
swingline
I find it plays pretty good and it is fast, I'm just not to fond of the Rockfields in it. I like how there made with the neck through construction. Plus the Dragon's Blood paint job is beautiful.
Spreedmaster
I really want oe of those i white!
MickeM
This rewiew that doesn't fulfill the minimum reqiurements. Two PM's back in -07 were never answered. g-forcelover PM me when ready to unlock and improve.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.