Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cort X - 6 Reveiw
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Gear Reviews
mattacuk
Wiki link
The Uncreator
Great review, i remember seeing these in some local store, never knew anything about them, now i know they are worth the buy wink.gif
Owen
I think they sell these new for £200 now, but if you want the fancy looking version its £300 for the sharktooth inlays and the red overcoat.

As I said before, played this and it felt buzzy - neck looked v. straight though, I think the setup may have just been poor.

Never knew the FR was an official though, I'd have assumed it was just a licensed?
Saoirse O'Shea
Great review Matt,
and looks like you got a bargain there as well smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony
mattacuk
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 26 2007, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think they sell these new for £200 now, but if you want the fancy looking version its £300 for the sharktooth inlays and the red overcoat.

As I said before, played this and it felt buzzy - neck looked v. straight though, I think the setup may have just been poor.

Never knew the FR was an official though, I'd have assumed it was just a licensed?

yeah these definatly need setting up before playing. I was lucky in that mine had already been done by a technician, so I got a nice low action and zero frut buzz smile.gif
botoxfox
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 26 2007, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The most logical thing would be that it's retrofitted...
mattacuk
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Nov 26 2007, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The most logical thing would be that it's retrofitted...

yes I think this one I have has had some new parts fitted. Im pretty sure the pickups are not orignal either! smile.gif
Owen
That would explain how its retained its original price in this case smile.gif
mattacuk
All in all, even brand new its still a bargain in my eyes.

Still cant wait for my Prestige though! biggrin.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Nice review there Matt, this guitar looks fine for metal playing. I guess it is versatile with those HSH pickups. You can change the pickups maybe something like a SD JB&59 classic combo and some fender in the middle and you got yourself a great axe in many years to come.smile.gif ROck on!
the_guardian1
Totally agree with you Matt.

Im playing my Cort X-6 for 1 year now and im still impressed with its performance.
Some people told me to buy a more expensive guitar but i dont want to.
My Cort gives me al the pleasure and different styles i need.
Especially semi acoustic and full throttle distortion on the humbuckers.

Click to view attachment

Toni Suominen
Great review man, congrats on the new guitar! smile.gif
Fran
Good review, I didn't know about coil taps!, seems like this guitar has an excellent quality/price ratio.
visi0n
great review, i personally dont like the white dots on the upper side ..
kaznie_NL
Nice review and nice guitar man! Congrats on buying it.

I think the H S H gives a lot of options, and becasuse the possibility to make the humbuckers singlecoils makes even more posibilities. One thing, isn't the plug in the way? It's at your bridge, I can imagine you hit it when palmmuting or something like that.

Overall looks very neat and I like the pickups!!
Bogdan Radovic
Great review , thanks Mat! wink.gif
stratman33
looks like a nice guitar, great review matt smile.gif
mattacuk
Hey my reveiw is still being veiwed alot - thanks guys biggrin.gif
Pavel
Congrats mattacuk! Looks like a sick piece of machinery smile.gif I'm sure you will shred it all day long smile.gif
mattacuk
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 18 2008, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats mattacuk! Looks like a sick piece of machinery smile.gif I'm sure you will shred it all day long smile.gif

For sure man, its already seen ALOT of hours since i bought it smile.gif I doubt many guitars have seen so many hours playing in my part of the world. wink.gif
audiopaal
Great review, thanks smile.gif
Danilo Capezzuto
Nice guitar, nice review!
Jakub Luptovec
Corts FTW smile.gif nothing more to say:)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.