Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Pose Like A Rockstar?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Spiderusalem
I realize that I really get into it. Especially when theres nothing to do but strum, I get into these siezure like modes, and when I wake up out of it I'm like "what just happened"?
Owen
I take a big egotistical legs wide apart pose then concentrate manically on my guitar whilst occassionally trying to headbang laugh.gif

No-one can see my face anyway, its hidden behind a massive wad of hair tongue.gif
Robin
I pretty much just headbang laugh.gif

Though on our last gig I walked around alot and looked super kewl.

laugh.gif
Zephyr
So far, the only times I've played on stage have been at my church, and I pretty much just stand there and stare at the paper with the chords on it... biggrin.gif

First of all, most of the songs, I've never even heard before, much less played, so I'm just trying to figure it out and play it right as I go laugh.gif

Also, I don't really like most of the songs, so it's kind of hard to get into it... unsure.gif
VinceG
Sometimes just mildly headbang but mostly I just look down on my guitar while I play.
FretDancer69
Oh yeah, I cant help but look like a freakin rock god with that guitar.

took me a while but i finally got it down! biggrin.gif tongue.gif

Mischievous, Smirky hehe tongue.gif

I can really get into it, every now and then I'll do something crazy
yeah, every now and then... biggrin.gif
ZakkWylde
I try desperately NOT to look on my fretboard at all so I can watch the audience and respond on them.
Owen
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 27 2007, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif

Look-a-like?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
FretDancer69
actually, Robin looks alot like Jason Newsted ohmy.gif
Zephyr
So you think you're funny, Owen?!?!

Okay, that was hilarious. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

P.S. Quit making fun of Robin, I'm sure it was just a momentary lapse in the Earth's gravity! smile.gif
Robin
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 28 2007, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look-a-like?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif !!!
Owen
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Nov 27 2007, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually, Robin looks alot like Jason Newsted ohmy.gif

Actually, now you mention it:

tongue.gif

Robin get the picture out of you with the sunglasses again! biggrin.gif
Robin
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Nov 28 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P.S. Quit making fun of Robin, I'm sure it was just a momentary lapse in the Earth's gravity! smile.gif

If you guys think that pic is funny, then I have another pic that is much more super funny.
I'll post it in a sec laugh.gif

QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 28 2007, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, now you mention it:

tongue.gif

ROFL
Smikey2006
I tend to stand around and stare at ppl and the smoke machines and stuff.. I look alot at my band because they r always going nuts. I wud headbang.. but .. hairs still being grown.. so only at really intence easy stuff do i tend to get movin a bit smile.gif Robin thats a sick picture by the way
Robin
Twin brothers:

Hahahaha I look so ridicilously stupid in that pic laugh.gif
I'm the new lion king. The bassist doesnt look too good either tongue.gif
Zephyr
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 27 2007, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Twin brothers:

Hahahaha I look so ridicilously stupid in that pic laugh.gif
I'm the new lion king. The bassist doesnt look too got either tongue.gif

Man, you have rockin' hair! I wish mine was like that... mine just kind of lays flat, it's pretty boring. sad.gif

I love how the bassist has hair in his mouth... laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

P.S. Actually, this is a good idea of what I look like when I play, right now, almost every time I play I just play sitting at my computer! I just have my GT-8 going straight into my computer, using it as a speaker, at least until we move somewhere more permanent. biggrin.gif It actually sound pretty nice, too, but I think it would probably be bad for the speakers if I turn it up loud at all...
Owen
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 27 2007, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Twin brothers:

I'm the new lion king. The bassist doesnt look too good either tongue.gif

AHAHAH!

I laughed so hard, sorry laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Brilliant! cool.gif
Robin
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Nov 28 2007, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man, you have rockin' hair! I wish mine was like that... mine just kind of lays flat, it's pretty boring. sad.gif

I love how the bassist has hair in his mouth... laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

P.S. Actually, this is a good idea of what I look like when I play, right now, almost every time I play I just play sitting at my computer! I just have my GT-8 going straight into my computer, using it as a speaker. biggrin.gif It actually sound pretty nice, too, but I think it would probably be bad for the speakers if I turn it up loud at all...

Hey your hair looks super cool. My hair is only going wild because of the headbanging laugh.gif

QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 28 2007, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AHAHAH!

I laughed so hard, sorry laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Brilliant! cool.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Zephyr
You guys are jamming in that picture! Playing some Freebird? laugh.gif
Spiderusalem
I had long hair 3 out of the 4 years I was in high school. It grew out fast and long, and got all knotty and after a while I forgot why I grew it out so long. It was hard to take care of, I didn't think it looked very good, so I chopped it all off. you dont need long hair to rock out, but it sure does feel nice
Zephyr
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 27 2007, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had long hair 3 out of the 4 years I was in high school. It grew out fast and long, and got all knotty and after a while I forgot why I grew it out so long. It was hard to take care of, I didn't think it looked very good, so I chopped it all off. you dont need long hair to rock out, but it sure does feel nice

I hate that stereotype, that "rockers have to have long hair"... I think it's ridiculous! I just have long hair just because I like it... and maybe because I'm too lazy to get it cut. laugh.gif I think it's also kind of weird that now it's "normal" for guys to have short hair and girls to have long hair. I mean, where did that come from?
Spiderusalem
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Nov 27 2007, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate that stereotype, that "rockers have to have long hair"... I think it's ridiculous! I just have long hair just because I like it... and maybe because I'm too lazy to get it cut. laugh.gif I think it's also kind of weird that now it's "normal" for guys to have short hair and girls to have long hair. I mean, where did that come from?

good question. Not sure.

But I dig chicks with short hair because its not the norm wink.gif
The Uncreator
Yeah i move around alot, even in my room.

My facial expression depends on what i play, from what im told, i look like i have a bad case of madness, or dementia when i play Heavy stuff (ala Cannibal Corpse, or something fast), when i play the blues or something more melodic and slow, people say i look like im "struggling", the SRV one. i also never open my eyes when i play slower/ bluesier stuff, i dont know why.

*EDIT*

If i could, id even swing from zip lines like Dickinson does wink.gif
botoxfox
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 28 2007, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think headbanging with short hair looks a bit silly, but that's just me...
DeepRoots
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Nov 28 2007, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think headbanging with short hair looks a bit silly, but that's just me...

unless your proper bald- its either or really you cant go in between without looking silly.
JVM
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 27 2007, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif

Robin I have to say, you look like a badass in this pic cool.gif

It might have something to do with your awesome guitar. I want a damn explorer, right after a hollow body of some kind and a jazzmaster or strat and a parker mojo and an engl/marshall/carvin/mesa/elmwood/whatever half stack I end up with biggrin.gif
mattacuk
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 27 2007, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif !!!

hey I love this girl! mad.gif wink.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
I tend to make faces when i play, but I dont think it is a wrong thing. Many greats make faces when they play, i think it doesent` mean anything. smile.gif
Gerald
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Nov 28 2007, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tend to make faces when i play, but I dont think it is a wrong thing. Many greats make faces when they play, i think it doesent` mean anything. smile.gif

It means you're in the zone. If you don't make an ugly face while playing then you're not totally in to it! tongue.gif
ZakkWylde
Who says a rocker has to have long hair?

...as long as you have a beard, everything's allright.
Smikey2006
Kerry king is the exception biggrin.gif
David.C.Bond
Haha what an awesome thread!
The music is obviously #1, but you've gotta get the poses right!

Here me in a classic pose (before I cut my hair)

JVM
I love how y ou have your initials on your guitar biggrin.gif Great pose.
Bogdan Radovic
A tend to move and jump as much as I can..I am currently trying to figure out how to slap the bass and jump at the same time wink.gif My facial expression is always a happy face - simply I'm very happy when playing live for people to enjoy! wink.gif
Paul Coutts
I play in a ska band that consists of a scottish guy (me - guitar), an english girl (sax), an aussie (trumpet), a canadian (trumpet), a palestinian (bass + vox), and japanese guy (drums) who has a mohawk down to his ass and is dating an Irish goth.
We skank biggrin.gif we have some sweet photos actually, I'll try n find them
Zephyr
QUOTE (Paul Coutts @ Dec 9 2007, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I play in a ska band that consists of a scottish guy (me - guitar), an english girl (sax), an aussie (trumpet), a canadian (trumpet), a palestinian (bass + vox), and japanese guy (drums) who has a mohawk down to his ass and is dating an Irish goth.
We skank biggrin.gif we have some sweet photos actually, I'll try n find them

laugh.gif I have a friend that loves ska, he taught me how to skank, it's a heck of a lot of fun! But, I don't like ska music... It's fun, but not very musical, in my opinion.
g-forcelover
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Dec 5 2007, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who says a rocker has to have long hair?

...as long as you have a beard, everything's allright.

he looks constipated. and I voted for all the top things! I really like to make playing fun. I put a lot of emotion into a slash solo bend. I go crazy on the november rain solo!!!!
Batista
He actually reminded me a hell of a lot of Gollum from Lord of the Rings rolleyes.gif
drummingguitarist06
I stand there, looking pretty cool. I wear my guitar low, so it looks good. I don't really move that much, I'm too focused on the sound, although I do headbang. In solo mode, I'm pretty much SRV or Santana, the struggle to pull something off, looking like you just took a hard blow when you hit a solid high note, it's awesome. That passion dwells within lol.

What I usually look like on stage...

Click to view attachment
Paul Coutts
QUOTE (drummingguitarist06 @ Dec 11 2007, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I stand there, looking pretty cool. I wear my guitar low, so it looks good. I don't really move that much, I'm too focused on the sound, although I do headbang. In solo mode, I'm pretty much SRV or Santana, the struggle to pull something off, looking like you just took a hard blow when you hit a solid high note, it's awesome. That passion dwells within lol.
What I usually look like on stage...

Click to view attachment

Jack Black? wink.gif laugh.gif
cool look, tho!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.