Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Er-20 Hi-fi Ear Plugs
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Gear Reviews
Bogdan Radovic
Wiki link
Chris Evans
great review again, on a very important subject too m8,

I had a band rehearsal a couple of months ago and didnt have ear defenders of any kind, as far as I was concerned I didnt have any problems, it was only a fairly small rehearsal studio and we where loud and I mean loud!

The next morning I woke up as if I`d been 12 rounds with Mick Tyson!! (not that I`d last 12 rounds but ya get my drift) banging headache, muzzy, ears ringing, really felt awful!

The last practice a couple of weeks ago I tried some foam inserts, just to see if it made any difference, I must confess I didnt really like them too much, they blocked out probably a bit too much, (these where free things that I got from work I will add so not really designed for music) but next morning no problems like before.

thanks for the review, I`m going to look into these as I didnt realise that there was lots of different types and I`ll always use them in the future, look after your ears guys, really important
Bogdan Radovic
Yeah sometimes you don't notice that noise is doing harm to you till the next day..Though I have very sensitive ears (and some of tinnitius) , and when I get home and lay in bad I have terrible ringing (when I don't use plugs)..I remember when I was younger and just started to go on gigs it would be very bad, I would actually hear guitar riffs and noises like that in my ears..it was very weird...
Ivan Milenkovic
Great review on the earplugs Bogdan. I used this earplugs myself and I can say that they really are a life-safer (in this case an ear-saver smile.gif ) I use now a regular industrial-hunting ones, because they are cheaper and also because there are`nt another available in my country. With regular ones you don`t reallyhear all the frequencies evenly, so you get a muddy tone - terrible (but hey my ears do not suffer!).

If you could write where you got them Bogdan I think a lot of people would appreciate it wink.gif THanks.
Bogdan Radovic
Here is the LINK to the store where I bought mine..I can recommend them , I ordered several times and always without a problem..Delivery using standard mail was 5 days to SERBIA and that was awesome.. dry.gif
Paul Coutts
I got given a pair of these from my music teacher, and they're absolutely fabulous. Definetly a necessity smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
Thanks man !! I urge everyone to use plugs at concerts and gigs - don't matter if you are playing or just listening.. You need them ! wink.gif
Toni Suominen
I usually use those cheap basic yellow earplugs which aren't that great, so I probably have to get me some of these earplugs smile.gif

Great review!!
muntahunta
i'll be getting a few pairs of these with my pickups tommorow. thanks biggrin.gif
blindwillie
+1 on all you said Bogdan. I too find this kind of plugs the most comfortable and soundwise best ones.
mattacuk
This is one item I have never thought about - but it is so important !! Im becomeing increaingly impressed with quality of your reveiws Bogdan - they are a very high standard biggrin.gif
Pavel
I went to some rock festival over a month ago and i still have that high frequency noise in my ears sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif I'm never going to those stupid gigs again sad.gif sad.gif
Muris Varajic
I have some plugs as well,not like these tho but it's really useful tool,
has saved my hearing many times indeed!! smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
What plugs do you have ? Do you know the brand? How do they work , do they cut too much frequencies..?

I would really love to try these : http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/er915and25pr.html smile.gif
mattacuk
I never realised ear plugs were so high tech ! biggrin.gif
Bogdan Radovic
Me neither..But these custom look great wink.gif I guess the custom part is for them to fit perfect into your ear therefor providing the best isolation...I think its a kind of art to make a earplug that will protect and not block all frequencies at the same time and leave you a pleasure of listening live music.. smile.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Jan 5 2008, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What plugs do you have ? Do you know the brand? How do they work , do they cut too much frequencies..?

No idea really,I'm using it to silence the noise,sound it fine tho smile.gif
Those are soft ones,you smash it a bit with your fingers and then it grows in your ear,
feels nice as well biggrin.gif
Fran
Really interesting review, I didn't know about ear plugs that let almost the whole frequency in, and that allow you to hear a conversation in a loud environment even better than without them!

I have to check them for sure smile.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Fran @ Jan 6 2008, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really interesting review, I didn't know about ear plugs that let almost the whole frequency in, and that allow you to hear a conversation in a loud environment even better than without them!

I have to check them for sure smile.gif

Yep,great for disco clubs etc biggrin.gif
Mrblomme
I never thought using earplugs was that usefull.

There are some earplugs here that I'll try tomorrow. smile.gif
VinceG
I gotta buy these things. Metal concerts in a club is a nightmare to your ears. Hopefully, i'd get some sort of plugs by the next gig i'm going.
Bogdan Radovic
They are great for gigs I wear them all the time when I go to a gig (can't imagine going without them) smile.gif You should definitely try them .. wink.gif
visi0n
i use this one
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (visi0n @ Jan 13 2008, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i use this one

I think I got the same ones , tried them once and I think I liked more the ER-20 (they fitted better and I think sounded a little more natural to me,also they have those straps with them which I use all the time) so I sticked with them and never used the alpine ones (they are here on my desk now) wink.gif Tell me your experiences with that ones..Comfort , sound wise etc..

p.s. I remember finding difficult to change those filters you get with them...Couldn't take them out with a lot of effort..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.