Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Discoveries
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Hardtail
Okay so I thought I'd share with you all a bit of enjoy I experienced today when playing with my stuff.

If you follow any of my threads you'll know I am running a fairly clean setup these days:

Fender Big Apple Stratocaster (awesome guitar!) to

Keeley Blues Driver to

Fender Blues Junior Amp

So my son was in my den today and messed with my amp knobs (naughty 1 year old! tongue.gif ) So I decided to play around with my settings. I backed off my BASS on the amp just a little (it was maxed) and cranked the MIDS all the way up. I then set my guitar to my bridge humbucker (Pearly Gates plus) and adjusted the tone knob to cool down the highs on that pickup a bit. The resulting sound was this screaming howl that almost melted my face and caused me much glee. Since I am basically running a single channel rig I have decided to save up my money and get a Keeley Tubescreamer so I can achieve this same sound at the click of a pedal rather than retuning my whole rig (I've tried a Keeley TS already in this setup and it works perfectly).

So, anyway... just thought I'd share my new tone bliss. rolleyes.gif

Hardtail
nickmarx12345678
Lol sounds like fun
sometimes I like to just mess around with my setting to get a new sound so its less familier and more variety
Ivan Milenkovic
SOmetimes we get great results just by accident. All we need to do is tweak a little and some great sounds can be born smile.gif
MickeM
lol good stuff! Gotta love mids wink.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
On the last gig I (just for the fun of it) turn mids to max while treble to 2o`clock and bass at 12 o`clock and my sound rushed out of the mix very easily. I must use more mids in the future smile.gif
Toni Suominen
Good for you mate, it's always fun to try out different sounds!! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Many newbies don`t use to much of the middles on gigs and that is the mistake, they should be even with the treble in my oppinion. I learned it throuh some tough lessons smile.gif
Muris Varajic
Glad it came nicely smile.gif
Unleash-The-Shred
Sounds pretty sweet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.