Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: **Want To Be A Band Member**
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > GMC Virtual Bands
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Chris Evans
register your interest in being a "Band Member" only here -Thanks smile.gif

Can you state also (sorry just thought of it) what level you regard yourself, if you also play bass and what style you like - Thanks

Please bear in mind some guidlines also before wishing to join, as due to a recent event I`m tightening up so that we do not end up with too many "sleeping members" of groups.

Anyone joining any band has to be invloved in the bands thread on a regular basis, once initial recordings are made you need to be uploading your takes also as requested, I`ve suggested (like collaborations) that deadlines be set by the band leaders if they wish, as another by product of the collapse non active members are going to be contacted by me and given a chance to fulfill there parts by a certain time, its not fair on other active members of the group to wait endlessly for peoples takes.
Xranthoius
Hmm, yeah I wanna be a band member... I think... I'm not really sure I'm good enough though sad.gif I'm not great at recordings... :\
Chris Evans
All levels accepted m8, I `m hoping we get a beginners band going, that`d be cool cool.gif
Xranthoius
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 14 2007, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All levels accepted m8, I `m hoping we get a beginners band going, that`d be cool cool.gif

ph34r.gif I'll give it a shot!
Chris Evans
Good man!!!! biggrin.gif
Robin
Can I sing in Go For Broke? I'm not much of a metal vocalist, but I've been singing alot to Uriah Heep and Iron Maiden! biggrin.gif
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Robin @ Dec 14 2007, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can I sing in Go For Broke? I'm not much of a metal vocalist, but I've been singing alot to Uriah Heep and Iron Maiden! biggrin.gif

Absolutly m8, you are member number 2 woo hoo biggrin.gif so cool! I`ll discuss with you in Go for brokes thread biggrin.gif
Robin
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 14 2007, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Absolutly m8, you are member number 2 woo hoo biggrin.gif so cool! I`ll discuss with you in Go for brokes thread biggrin.gif

Cool thanks!!

Nice avatar btw tongue.gif
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Robin @ Dec 14 2007, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice avatar btw tongue.gif

sshh .. I have been through hours of intense questioning within Mod circles to be able to display the mark of the teletubbies wink.gif
Owen
I could do bass I suppose, give me a good incentive to get to grips with it properly so I can crash a music course next year. smile.gif

If I dont cut the slack you can always replace me with a VST of course, it just sounds like a bit of fun! tongue.gif

I'm a big fan of rock in general - particularily fond of groovy stoner stuff and also like metal although I'm not as good at writing complex metal riffs.
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Owen @ Dec 14 2007, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could do bass I suppose, give me a good incentive to get to grips with it properly so I can crash a music course next year. smile.gif

If I dont cut the slack you can always replace me with a VST of course, it just sounds like a bit of fun! tongue.gif

2 bands up for grabs at the moment m8, Go for broke and Small Dragons, which do you fancy?
Stevie-Ray-Vaughn
I'm in for a band, im heavily influenced by 70s and 80s hard rock (Zeppelin, Maiden, Van Halen etc)
I'd consider myself an intermediate guitarist but i wont be able to do any recordings until christmas
Owen
Man hard choice, I'll go for broke! literally! laugh.gif
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Dec 14 2007, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in for a band, im heavily influenced by 70s and 80s hard rock (Zeppelin, Maiden, Van Halen etc)
I'd consider myself an intermediate guitarist but i wont be able to do any recordings until christmas

thats ok m8, Christmas is only around the corner, so I dont think any real recordings going to get done until then, do you fancy "Go for Broke"?

QUOTE (Owen @ Dec 14 2007, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man hard choice, I'll go for broke! literally! laugh.gif

Excellent m8, your in, discuss in Go for broke thread further wink.gif
Stevie-Ray-Vaughn
yeah sure im in
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Dec 14 2007, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah sure im in

great keep checking Go for broke band thread for further developments, thanks biggrin.gif
g-forcelover
im intermediate, but i like to learn intermediate/advanced solos! but I suck at writhing really good music, but im a good rythem guitarist. and can't do recordings good. I would like to be in!
Davide
does it still have a litle place for some guitar riffs?
if yes I´m in if you want .I consider me as an Intermediate player and I like to play heavy riffs (most in droped d tuning) blink.gif
Chris Evans
QUOTE (g-forcelover @ Dec 14 2007, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im intermediate, but i like to learn intermediate/advanced solos! but I suck at writhing really good music, but im a good rythem guitarist. and can't do recordings good. I would like to be in!

Would you like a crack at Go For Broke or wait for maybe a more advanced band, either is totally cool m8, I`d expect an advanced band to start very soon for sure if you want to w8?

QUOTE (Davide @ Dec 14 2007, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
does it still have a litle place for some guitar riffs?
if yes I´m in if you want .I consider me as an Intermediate player and I like to play heavy riffs (most in droped d tuning) blink.gif

if you can just w8 for g-forcelover to reply I`ll be able to answer for definate, he will be the last spot in Go for Broke, however if your interested in "go for broke" especially I will put you on the rota for the next song, plus everything in this band will be in normal tuning smile.gif
Davide
okay sounds good and no problem with normal tuning biggrin.gif
Xranthoius
When do we find out who we are with like out members?
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Davide @ Dec 14 2007, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
okay sounds good and no problem with normal tuning biggrin.gif

ok m8 nice one, I`ll put you first down on the rota for "go for broke" till g-forcelover replies, wink.gif
Davide
biggrin.gif
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Xranthoius @ Dec 14 2007, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When do we find out who we are with like out members?

sorry m8, missed your post there, do you want to hop into Small dragons? they have their own thread now and are a begginners level band, you mentioned that you didnt think you`d be good enough, perhaps this will be a good place to start wink.gif
Xranthoius
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 14 2007, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry m8, missed your post there, do you want to hop into Small dragons? they have their own thread now and are a begginners level band, you mentioned that you didnt think you`d be good enough, perhaps this will be a good place to start wink.gif

Yeah, sure cool thanks smile.gif
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Xranthoius @ Dec 14 2007, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, sure cool thanks smile.gif

ok mate your in, Twibeard is your "Band Leader", feel free to contact me anytime but twibeard should now be your first call wink.gif Check Small Dragons thread for further instruction from Twibeard, and feel free to discuss what you like with him reference the band in there, excellent Xranthoius! nice one! biggrin.gif
Xranthoius
Nvm Small dragons is cool biggrin.gif
g-forcelover
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 14 2007, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would you like a crack at Go For Broke or wait for maybe a more advanced band, either is totally cool m8, I`d expect an advanced band to start very soon for sure if you want to w8?

I'll go for broke. smile.gif sounds fun!
JVM
I'd be willing to join any kind of beginner-intermediate band, I consider myself in between the two, as said in the other thread, I'm at about a lesson raiting of 4-5 depending on the lesson. Preference on blues or rock type stuff but really I like anything so, any bands wanting to get together lets talk eh smile.gif
g-forcelover
is there a band here that plays velvet revolver, and some songs by guns n roses? (november rain is good, Im learing the entire 3-part solo! and first and second guitar parts in about 3-4 weeks i'll be done!)
JVM
What are our restrictions on copyrighted material? I assume we still can't upload anything that's copyrighted, as per the upload forums. Right?
Chris Evans
QUOTE (JVM @ Dec 14 2007, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd be willing to join any kind of beginner-intermediate band, I consider myself in between the two, as said in the other thread, I'm at about a lesson raiting of 4-5 depending on the lesson. Preference on blues or rock type stuff but really I like anything so, any bands wanting to get together lets talk eh smile.gif

QUOTE (g-forcelover @ Dec 15 2007, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is there a band here that plays velvet revolver, and some songs by guns n roses? (november rain is good, Im learing the entire 3-part solo! and first and second guitar parts in about 3-4 weeks i'll be done!)

Just keep your eyes peeled in the forums guys smile.gif , at the moment 2 begginer bands and one intermediate, "go for broke" is now full but anyone wanting to join either of the others just enter the threads and the "band Leader" should deal with your questions. smile.gif
g-forcelover
who all is in go for broke? post a list please!
Chris Evans
QUOTE (JVM @ Dec 15 2007, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are our restrictions on copyrighted material? I assume we still can't upload anything that's copyrighted, as per the upload forums. Right?

there is some limitation in total minutes with GMC`s current license, this shouldnt be a problem at this early stage but if we do too many we will have to start hosting them at myspace etc
Owen
QUOTE (g-forcelover @ Dec 14 2007, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
who all is in go for broke? post a list please!

As far as I'm aware mate its:

Robin - vocals
Smells and SRV - guitars
Me - bass
and a Vst for the drums

I dunno if thats all the slots full - you'd better ask Smells (but I'm assuming it is) smile.gif
Stevie-Ray-Vaughn
oh btw Smells, after christmas ill also be able to play bass in a band smile.gif
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Dec 15 2007, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh btw Smells, after christmas ill also be able to play bass in a band smile.gif

sweet biggrin.gif
chast
I join the "Cover Bangas" smile.gif
Chris Evans
QUOTE (chast @ Dec 15 2007, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I join the "Cover Bangas" smile.gif

excellent, well done m8, you got the idea wink.gif the first post is kind of an advert for the band requesting members and you plop yourself in there to get in that band, if you use this thread to register your interest for a full up band then I can add people to the rotas biggrin.gif
superize
i would really like to be a member of a beginner band but i have no clue about recording or making up songs so if i can get lots of help i can try.....

i play both guitar and keyboard
Zephyr
This sounds interesting, at the moment the only recording software I have working is Audacity, and it has issues... Pro Tools still isn't up and running yet!!! Any recommendations for recording? Not just for this, just advice in general would be nice, free software only, please, already have Pro Tools, I just need a temporary solution until I get it running!

Anyways, if I do wind up being able to do this, it sounds like a lot of fun! I think I'm somewhere around an intermediate level, I play mostly lead stuff, I think I'm pretty terrible at rhythm stuff, but I'm working on it! I love to play Vai/Satch kind of stuff, but I have a very wide range in music! I like just about anything except rap, heavy metal/hardcore/screamo/all that kind of stuff, and the modern pop/pop rock kind of bands.
Chris Evans
QUOTE (superize @ Dec 15 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would really like to be a member of a beginner band but i have no clue about recording or making up songs so if i can get lots of help i can try.....

i play both guitar and keyboard

Excellent m8, 2 beginer bands started, please have a read in the forum, Small Dragons & Cover Bangas, register your interest on what one you`d like and the Band Leader will take it from there, thanks biggrin.gif

Zepher, let me know when you can record and if theres a band you fancy joining or starting(?) then I`ll add you on, thanks biggrin.gif
David.C.Bond
Yeah I wanna be a member!
Chris Evans
QUOTE (David.C.Bond @ Dec 15 2007, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I wanna be a member!

biggrin.gif I got you down as a Band Leader david, please see the register band thread, thanks mate biggrin.gif
Nick325
i would like to be either bass or guitar
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Dec 15 2007, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would like to be either bass or guitar

Excellent m8, check the VB`s boards for available bands and slots, speak with the "Band Leaders" if you wish to join, if they are full you can be added onto a rota for the next song wink.gif thanks biggrin.gif
Crazyfret
Yeah count me in for the virtual band.

As for my ability I think it lies in the early intermediate stage. As for styles I like rock, blues, funk, heavy rock. I like jazz but my theory and technique needs improving and for heavy metal and thrash my technique definitley needs some work, (I suppose you could say I'm a jack-of -all trades but a master of none unsure.gif ).

I currently use Riffworks for recording and looking forward to the arrival of my Podxt as my indulgance for Xmas cool.gif
Chris Evans
Great crazyfret! I will add you to "Go for Broke"s rota and will contact you when we start work on the next song, hopefully wont be to far down the road wink.gif thank you m8! smile.gif
JVM
Check out the Moaning Lisa thread for anyone looking for a beginner rock-alt rock band smile.gif

Currently looking for a rhythm and two lead guitarists!
AudunESP
QUOTE (JVM @ Dec 15 2007, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check out the Moaning Lisa thread for anyone looking for a beginner rock-alt rock band smile.gif

Currently looking for a rhythm and two lead guitarists!

I can go as guitarist, would prefer doing rythm becouse my recording skills aynt that great, but i have Pod X3 and cubase. As soon as i get a mic i can, if needed to, do vocals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.