Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need New Handycam /digital Cam
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Instructors Corner
Muris Varajic
Hello everybody!! :0

These are specs I'm looking for,along with good pixels and fps stuff:
-stand option
-rotating display (to see my self while recording video)
-remote control (no need to say why biggrin.gif )

Until now I've used Cannon Powershot digital cam for lessons
PLUS I need someone to do all cam job.
Now I want to do it all by myself wink.gif

Any suggestions,models,brands?

Thanks smile.gif
Pavel
Sony DCR-HC series contain different models pretty good for the job. I have HC24E. They all have rotating screen. My model also has remote control.
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 15 2007, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sony DCR-HC series contain different models pretty good for the job. I have HC24E. They all have rotating screen. My model also has remote control.

Thanks Pavel,gonna google it right now!! smile.gif
Dejan Farkas
i bought my own cam yesterday biggrin.gif

JVC GR-DF550U

you can check it out HERE wink.gif
Marcus Lavendell
QUOTE (Dejan @ Dec 15 2007, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JVC GR-DF550U

That one is basically the same as I've got. It's a great cam! smile.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Dejan @ Dec 15 2007, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JVC GR-DF550U

Looks like fine piece of equipment Dejan,thanks for the hint! smile.gif

Hmm dry.gif too many options indeed,must spend more time in trying all of them biggrin.gif
Gerardo Siere
Mine is an old sony dcr-dvd 201, don´t buy it has ugly digital analog conversion, and also has lag. so you cant plug a mic in it or just use the camera and daw at the same time (you have to syncronize audio by hand more then once).
What ever you use, must check that it hase some line in for recording, it must be an accesible one don´t buy any that has their own plug models couse you lost the cable and you´re done for good.
Also you´ll have to bother the one who sell that to you to ley you try to record something first to check the audio digital/analog convertion.
Hope it helps you.
David Wallimann
Mine is similar to Dejan's, the model is JVC GZ-MG50U
Has all the options you need, including remote.
I love the fact that it's all hard drive.
Just plug it in your computer and drag and drop your video files.
Only thing lacking is an audio input. The mic is OK, but would be bnetter to run direct in the audio line in. Synching vid and audio is a pain!
I got my cam on Ebay for less than 350 dollars.

QUOTE (Muris @ Dec 15 2007, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like fine piece of equipment Dejan,thanks for the hint! smile.gif

Hmm dry.gif too many options indeed,must spend more time in trying all of them biggrin.gif
Bogdan Radovic
What equipment you use guys ? I have privilege to borrow sony dcr vx-2100e cam with sony HVL-20DW2 light on it (only valid light source I have in my dark room) for my recordings.Need to discover its features to gain best quality.
Kosei Kubota
I sit close to the camera, so I don't need a remote control, but rotating display is a must for me because I want to make sure the angle and how my guitar and hands are seen on screen.
I am pretty much comfortable with my old JVC's JVL700 model, but if I were to buy a new one, I would make sure if it has an external microphone jack. Right now, I am using built-in mic, but it would be nice to have it recorded with the better sound.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.