Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Jammin'
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
sam47
A friend of mine who plays very well came by with his guitar tonight. Been since some time in spring since we got together and played. He played ,I made noise. Well ,this time , I played too. We played I IV V 12 bars of Keys of A D and G . We played for 2 hrs. We switched rythm and lead licks and I could follow it along. Making it all up as we went. It made me feel like a guitar player for the first time. I love this feeling. I'll listen to others music ,and want to learn some , but I like making my own and that's what I like about learning here. I've been looking all around this site and am amazed at all the knowledge and information here. Hell, now I'll have to be a member for the next 30 years. I want to learn it all. I'll probably need more time.
kahall
Sounds like fun. Alriiiighhht....
Ivan Milenkovic
I know the feeling, great man, I am really happy for you because I share the same enthusiasm. Keep rockin' in the guitar world and be on the mighty GMC smile.gif
sam47
I gotta say that I still wasn't perfect but I was way ahead of where I was. I still hit sour notes and missed a few chord changes but I knew it and that was a difference and was able to fix it with the next go round. When we'd trade lead licks I was able to improvise bits of what I've learned here already and when he'd say "that was cool. It fits." I was on top of my world.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.