Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dean Vendetta 3.0
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Gear Reviews
xucphra
Well, to begin with, I'm personally not a big fan of Deans. I just bought this one as I was on vacation; since I had forgotten to bring one. The guitar sounds decent; it plays well, and is moderately comfortable. The great thing about this guitar was the price. It was 230$. Description after picture.

* Neck Through Construction
* Solid Mahogany Body
* Maple Neck with Rosewood Fingerboard
* Dual Humbuckers
* Tune-O-Matic Bridge
* String-Throught Body Design
* Classic Dean V Ferrule Pattern
* 24 frets
* 25.5 Scale
* Black Hardware
* Razor Wire Inlay

I had to add a Floyd Rose about a month in, because it didn't come with one =\

I'd give it a 6/10.
Pavel
Why don't you like Dean? I never played Dean but it seems like they are great brand smile.gif
Tjchep
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 23 2007, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why don't you like Dean? I never played Dean but it seems like they are great brand smile.gif

Because michael angelo batio plays them?

I dont care for them either, really korny painjobs and shapes.
xucphra
Well, they aren't bad; I've just never really liked them as much as other brands for example. And also they don't seem to have the same quality as a Schecter for example [even though the two are in completely different leagues]. They just aren't good quality guitars in my opinion
Pavel
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Dec 23 2007, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because michael angelo batio plays them?

Now what does Angelo have to do with it? LOADS of bands use their guitars, go to their website and see the ARTISTS page.

Some of their shapes are really ugly but they have great designs and vendetta is one of them. I didn't care about them either until i saw the 2007 guitar designs. MAB1 and RC7 are one of the best guitar designs ever made - they look aggressive, sharp edged, headstock is perfect (many brands have crappy headstock), body shape is really cool so these 2 models got me in Dean. Ibanez is still in my TOP 3 guitar brands because i like 95% of Ibanez models.

That's why i really wonder why somebody who is not a fan of some brand buy it's guitar smile.gif
xucphra
It was the cheapest that got my attention
Pavel
QUOTE (xucphra @ Dec 23 2007, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They just aren't good quality guitars in my opinion

If they would suck, they wouldn't have some of the major players signed for them: Vinnie Moore, Schenkers, Rusty, Angelo, Darell and MANY MANY more smile.gif
xucphra
Lol, Okay. I know. I'm not saying they suck; I'm just saying they aren't as good as some other brands
Tjchep
laugh.gif

Pavel dude, I'm just being a jerk!

I knew you liked Angelo alot, I just couldnt resist throwing it in there, I have not really looked at all the models of the deans, some are nice, some.. just I dont like them..

Tj
xucphra
Just out of curiosity, and to prove my point happy.gif, Would you prefer to buy a Dean or an Ibanez?
Pavel
I know some models are really ugly and their most selling ML shape is totally ugly to me but it doesn't make the brand crap smile.gif I also love Vai (you can say it by guitar i have) but it doesn't mean some brand is better and some is worse. In 2008 my Dean RC7 will arrive and i will have both Ibanez Vai signature and Dean Rusty Cooley signature - if you ask me which one is better i will have BIG troubles answering that question biggrin.gif biggrin.gif as i am sure RC7 will be as good as JEM is.
xucphra
Fair enough. I'm content with my guitar. I guess you could say I made a bit of an over-generalization; if it makes you happy happy.gif
Pavel
The cheapest models are always the cheapest - same goes for each brand. What do you think - is Squire by Fender a good guitar? No - it sucks - but it doesn't make Fender a bad brand for that reason biggrin.gif Same goes for some ultra-low-end Ibanez guitars - the more you pay the more you get smile.gif

Still - have fun with Vendetta! smile.gif
xucphra
I don't use it as much as for example my Schecter, but it's not a bad guitar
The Uncreator
Not Deans Best, but still a great guitar for the price, IM surprised you dont like Deans, Deans are some of the best guitars ive played, im in love with my new MS Custom smile.gif
shredmandan
Well that sounds like it was an ok deal for $230.00 especially with the neck through construction smile.gif .Im with you on the Dean brand though,just personally i could always find a beter guitar fo the amount of money to spend.Thats just how i feel.It would be cool to post a pic of the guitar now after you modify'd it with the Floyd Rose.Was it hard to change it from a string through to the Floyd?
xucphra
No, it wasn't tough at all. Quite simple actually.

I'm taking some pictures to post up; along with the modified version of the review
Tomy Jeon
QUOTE (xucphra @ Dec 24 2007, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was 230$.

$230??? blink.gif I don't believe you.
Smikey2006
I love higher end dean guitars, not a fan of the low end, my favorite has to be the Dean Acoustic V biggrin.gif. really Dean captured my attention with their amazing headstocks and V's but thats about it, the Dave Mustaine Custom is like... if someone gave me one as a gift .. id.. probably cry smile.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
xucphra
It actually was 230$. It was the cheapest decent guitar in the whole store. And I was on vacation; so I didn't want to get anything too expensive, seeing as I have 2 guitars back at home.
Muris Varajic
Nice price for the axe,congrats! smile.gif
Cool review tho wink.gif
Goliath
The Dean VMNT1 is at the top of my list for the next guitar I buy.

My DV8-R is awesome, can't wait to get my hands on the VMNT1.
Ivan Milenkovic
Nice guitar man, good luck playing it. A decent review too.
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Deans are nice guitars and do have many notable players signed. However I dont really care for deans . Just not my cup of tea smile.gif

But they do have some really cool axes. The Batio Sig. and the Cooley Sig. look Schweeeeeeeet biggrin.gif
Owen
The only thing I imminently dislike about dean guitars themselves are the headstocks - man those things look so clumsy and naff to me, not delicate at all.

Other than that I'm not too fond about how they sell their 'Dime' range, they strike me as selling out his name for their own pockets - not a huge fan of Dimebag in anyway, but I just dont like their marketing tactics on that one.
MickeM
Closed while awating review update to follow template format.
xucphra, PM me back. First reminder in dec -07 so I guess it's all forgotten wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.