Welcome to my fourth (and last) in a line of lessons about modes, from the series "Modes Workshop".
In the past three lessons we covered important patterns and where modes are located in them. In this lesson, we are applying that knowledge on a chord progression. For this lesson, we will use strictly up and down modes, but you will quickly see how well they interact with chords.
The goal of this lesson is:
- to learn the modes within C major key pattern
- to learn the positions of the notes well
- to learn each of the modes specific sound
- to learn which mode goes over which chord
Gear used in the lesson
- US 60th Anniversary Modded Strat, neck and middle pickup, neck tone rolloff
- Focusrite OctoPreMKII ADAT converter/preamp into EMU1212m system
- Cubase 5 DAW, with Amplitube 3 (Vox type amp, reverb, delay and compression)