Papa Roach, New Metal, Drop C, Alternative tuning, Riffing, Djent, Modern Rock, Post-.hardcoreby Gabriel Leopardi
Scrubbing / forward / rewind: arrow right, arrow left keys Jump to start: Home or `s` , you can also click/tap the lesson part again (the numbers above player) Go to next part: PageUP or End. ( iOS: swipe right or left over video ) Volume: ArrowUp / ArrowDown keys Go to any part: Number keys (combinations also possible) Pause or play: `k` or space key Fullscreen: `f`, esc to close
Time for some big djent/prog riffs with a lesson emulating the style of TesseracT - atmosphere, big riffs, odd metric and dynamics are the words that can describe the style presented in this lesson!
Now, some of you might be wondering who these guys are:
Tesseract (often stylized as TesseracT) are a British progressive metal band formed in 2007. They are currently signed to Century Media Records. They are credited as one of the bands to pioneer the 'djent' movement in progressive metal. As of 2013 Tesseract have released two studio albums, One and Altered State. - Wikipedia
The skills you will be developing after having this lesson mastered:
- understanding odd time signatures
- clean picking
- orchestration in the style of Tesseract
Here are the tech specs:
Homework included: See Part 11 for an assignment based on altering Part 3 of this lesson in order to mold it to other time signatures!
Tempo: 90 BPM
Scale: D minor
Tuning: Drop A - A E A D F# B
Time signature: 7/8. 6/8, 4/4, 2/4
- Riff: AMT SS20 Lead Channel, having the Bass at 12 O'clock, the Mids at 10 and the Highs at 3 O'clock, while the gain is somewhere around 11 O'clock.
- Clean: AMT SS20 Clean Channel, having the Bass at 11 O'clock, the Mids at 9 and the Highs at 12 O'clock, while the gain is somewhere around 2 O'clock.
- DAW added reverb/delay over the Part 4 and 5 sections (Variverb pluggin)
- Suhr Shiba Drive for boosting the tone in all the riff sections
Guitar: PRS Mike Mushok baritone (Bridge position)
Login to use my notes. No GMC account? Register here.