Lester doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Learning Rock Star
24 years old
Zwolle, The Netherlands
Guitar, Music, Soccer.
Joined: 14-September 07
Profile Views: 6.659*
Last Seen: 12th October 2013 - 06:54 PM
Local Time: Mar 9 2014, 12:38 PM
373 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
24 Aug 2013
I recentrly bought a fender hot rod deluxe george benson signature edition, thing is, as most of you will know: these amps dont come with an output for headphones. Since I play at home most of the time, I really need this so I can play at all hours of the day (night)
I was looking at a couple of attenuators, especially weber has some with headphone outputs. And I was looking at a SPL Cabulator and to be honest, I don't really understand the difference. Doing research on these things generally gets me more confused than I was before, so I was hoping for a little advice here.
Questions I have are:
Would the sound in my headphones be as good as comes out of the speaker?
Is there an option on any attenuator/cabulator to send the signal to my MIDI-interface? and with the same sound quality?
What is the difference between a cabulator and an attenuator?
20 Apr 2013
Just a quick question:
I'm looking for a chord finder website and/or app which gives you the chordname with the notes you select on the fretboard, instead of the other way around.
3 Sep 2012
What's going on?
Seems like forever since I've been here, I guess it's been over a year or so...
I did a lot of fingerstyle playing since I left, started a funk and soul band and took singing lessons.
Now it's time to start digging into some of the awesome materials here! It's good to be back!
18 Mar 2011
I;m finally back online after, say, three weeks? what's been going on?
There was trouble with my new internetprovider so I was off here for a while, hate it when that happens!
Anyway, I was looking for some modern funk bands with songs that me and my band could cover , Right now we're covering some stevie wonder, maroon 5 and John Mayer even, and probably "the haggis horns" and the bamboos in the future.
I'm not so fond of the old school stuff, I'm looking for something in between pure funk, pop and soul probably, anyone any suggestions?
6 Feb 2011
Just came across these, enjoy!
Basic rules for the blues:
1. Most Blues begin with: "Woke up this morning..."
2. "I got a good woman" is a bad way to begin the Blues, unless you stick something nasty in the next line like, "I got a good woman, with the meanest face in town."
3. The Blues is simple. After you get the first line right, repeat it. Then find something that rhymes - sort of: "Got a good woman with the meanest face in town. Yes, I got a good woman with the meanest face in town. Got teeth like Margaret Thatcher and she weigh 500 pound."
4. The Blues is not about choice. You stuck in a ditch, you stuck in a ditch... ain't no way out.
5. Blues cars: Chevys, Fords, Cadillacs and broken-down trucks. Blues don't travel in Volvos, BMWs, or Sport Utility Vehicles. Most Blues transportation is a Greyhound bus or a southbound freight train. Jet aircraft and state-sponsored motor pools ain't even in the running. Walkin' plays a major part in the Blues lifestyle. So does fixin' to die.
6. Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. Adulthood means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Reno. ("Just to see him die")
7. Blues can take place in New York City but not in Hawaii or anywhere in Canada. Hard times in Minneapolis or Seattle is probably just clinical depression. Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Memphis, and 'Nawlins are still the best places to have the Blues. You cannot have the Blues in any place that don't get rain. (ie; Phoenix)
8. A man with male pattern baldness ain't the Blues. A woman with male pattern baldness is. Breaking your leg 'cause you were skiing is not the Blues. Breaking your leg 'cause a alligator be chompin' on it is.
9. You can't have no Blues in an office or a shopping mall. The lighting is wrong. Go outside to the parking lot and sit by the Dempsy Dumpster.
10. Good places for the Blues (a) highway ( jailhouse © empty bed (d) bottom of a whiskey glass.
11. Bad places for the Blues (a) Nordstrom's ( Art gallery openings © Ivy League institutions (d) Golf courses.
12. No one will believe it's the Blues if you wear a suit, 'less you happen to be an old person, and you slept in it.
13. Do you have the right to sing the Blues? YES, if: (a) you're older than dirt ( you're blind © you shot a man in Reno (d) you can't be satisfied. NO, if: (a) you have all your teeth ( you once were blind but now can see © the man in Reno lived (d) you have a 401K or trust fund.
14. Blues is not a matter of color. It's a matter of bad luck. Tiger Woods cannot sing the Blues. Sonny Liston could have. Ugly white people also got a leg up on the Blues.
15. If you ask for water and your darlin' gives you gasoline, it's the Blues. Other acceptable Blues beverages are: (a) cheap wine ( rot gut whiskey © muddy water (d) black coffee. The following are NOT Blues beverages: (a)Perrier ( Chardonnay © Snapple (d) Slim Fast (e) Scotch
16. If death occurs in a cheap motel or a shotgun shack, it's a Blues death. Stabbed in the back by a jealous lover is another Blues way to die. So is the electric chair, substance abuse and dying lonely on a broken-down cot. You can't have a Blues death if you die during a tennis match or while getting liposuction.
17. Some Blues names for women: (a) Sadie ( Big Mama © Bessie (d) Fat River Dumpling.
18. Some Blues names for men: (a) Joe ( Willie © Little Willie (d) Big Willie.
19. Persons with names like Michelle, Amber, Jennifer, Debbie, and Heather can't sing the Blues no matter how many men they shoot in Reno.
20. Blues Name Starter Kit: (a) name of physical infirmity (Blind, Cripple, Lame, etc.) ( first name (see above) plus name of a fruit (Lemon, Lime, Peach, etc.) © last name of a President (Jefferson, Johnson, Fillmore, etc.). For example: Blind Lemon Jefferson, Pegleg Lime Johnson or Cripple Peach Fillmore, etc.
21. I don't care how tragic your life is: if you own a computer, you cannot sing the blues, period. Sorry.
27 Feb 2014 - 4:56
25 Aug 2013 - 14:06
17 Aug 2013 - 9:29
4 Oct 2012 - 4:17
28 Aug 2012 - 17:53
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 9th March 2014 - 12:38 PM|