Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lesson Request
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Marcus Lavendell
TylerT
I (and im sure alot of other people) would really love to see a Jason Becker lesson. He is just (or was) such an epic player with so much feeling and talent. He is definately my top inspiration (your up there too biggrin.gif ) and always will be. listening to his playing im sure you could make an outstanding lesson with many techniques. You could even try a Cacophony lesson with Friedman and Beckers technique combined, i don't know. And PS im not really REQUESTING you do this, its just a thought.
Marcus Lavendell
QUOTE (TylerT @ May 8 2008, 04:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I (and im sure alot of other people) would really love to see a Jason Becker lesson. He is just (or was) such an epic player with so much feeling and talent. He is definately my top inspiration (your up there too biggrin.gif ) and always will be. listening to his playing im sure you could make an outstanding lesson with many techniques. You could even try a Cacophony lesson with Friedman and Beckers technique combined, i don't know. And PS im not really REQUESTING you do this, its just a thought.

... and a great thought it is! Thanks Tyler! biggrin.gif Jason is definitely one of my favorite guitarists, and he's been a great influence to me ever since I started playing guitar. I've actually thought about doing a "In the style of Becker-lesson" for several months. But I haven't yet come up with something that is good enough to put his name on... but now that you mentioned it, I'll work harder on this! Can't promise I can do it, but I'll give it my best shot smile.gif
TylerT
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ May 7 2008, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... and a great thought it is! Thanks Tyler! biggrin.gif Jason is definitely one of my favorite guitarists, and he's been a great influence to me ever since I started playing guitar. I've actually thought about doing a "In the style of Becker-lesson" for several months. But I haven't yet come up with something that is good enough to put his name on... but now that you mentioned it, I'll work harder on this! Can't promise I can do it, but I'll give it my best shot smile.gif

Your right it would be quite a complex and technical lesson. Good to know your thinking about it though, he is my greatest influence. I'm sure the lessons your currently working on are awesome as always, so keep it up.

PS: After rewatching and going through a few more of your videos I can see he was a big influence on you tongue.gif
Pizzoaro
Hey marcus

Since we are first talking about lesson suggestions... how about..

Winding roads fullsong?
Load for life riffs?

I believe many GMC:ers would really like a fullsong of winding roads, its an awesome song:)

-Lars
Déjà vu
I don't know if you can make an "In the Style of Jason Becker" lesson... Because, I think I might pass out OF EXCITEMENT biggrin.gif blink.gif !!! If I saw that on the front page I would probably practice it every day for the rest of the year! This lesson "thought" definitely has my approval biggrin.gif (and I have felt on lack of Becker presence on GMC as well wink.gif .) I hope my dream gets made a reality smile.gif wink.gif .
Juan M. Valero
it will be amazing !!!! love Jason too smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.