Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Do You Record Your Lessons?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Trond Vold
Kapto
Hi Trond
Just wondering how you get that neat and clear sound on your video lessons. Do you record straight from camera, micro...or use a special software?.
I'm thinking it's time to get a camera just in case some day I need advice regarding some guitar techniques so I can upload takes of a certain exercise or lesson but I'd like to make sure that the sound to be recorded will be acceptable.
Thanks for your lessons. They all grab my attention and put a grin on my face watching you playing.
Trond Vold
Hia smile.gif and thanks! Glad you like my videos smile.gif

I dont use my camera for anything else than picture. I record everything in Cubase through the soundcard. And after i have filmed, i import the audio from cubase onto the videotracks in Sony Vegas, and synch them properly.
Anticlock
Hi Trond,

since I really like your sound I'd like to see a detailed tutorial - which doesn't have to be a video - of how you record stuff properly with Cubase and whatever else you use to make it sound so professional. Perhaps you could also show how to include good-sounding bass lines and drum patterns.
Sounds to me like a lot of work for you, but I'm having difficulties setting up my own little home-recording gear, so I'll just ask.

Always looking forward to your lessons
Cheers, Sven
Trond Vold
QUOTE (Anticlock @ Jul 24 2008, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Trond,

since I really like your sound I'd like to see a detailed tutorial - which doesn't have to be a video - of how you record stuff properly with Cubase and whatever else you use to make it sound so professional. Perhaps you could also show how to include good-sounding bass lines and drum patterns.
Sounds to me like a lot of work for you, but I'm having difficulties setting up my own little home-recording gear, so I'll just ask.

Always looking forward to your lessons
Cheers, Sven

Thanks smile.gif Glad you like the lessons.

I can probably do a text/screenshot tutorial later today, or atleast start on one.
I tried making a tutorial video some time ago without much luck, i just couldnt get a good structure or get the screencaptures good enough so this sounds like a good idea smile.gif

Anticlock
That's a great idea (the text/screenshots-structure), really looking forward to it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.