Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mtp Competition #2
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Competitions
audiopaal
It's time for a new competition smile.gif

This competition will be used to select 5 lucky intermediates for signup in the MTP,
and you are competing for the chance to be mentored by none other than our very own:

Click to view attachment

Ivan Milenkovic

What we need from you:
  • A list of your previous forum uploads (to demonstrate skill levels and commitment) -
    if you don't have any yet we don't mind if you upload a few in the next few days smile.gif

• A list of up to 5 links showing forum posts in while you have helped others
    (they can be within the initial competition period if you don't have too many yet)

• A Video explaining where your playing is at, what you want to achieve as a player,
    and why you think you would make a good Mentor (Intermediate mentors will be required to
    mentor up to 5 beginners as part of the program)

Of course the devil is in the detail, so here are the rules:
  • The competition starts immediately. All potential Intermediates must register their interest
    in the separate signup thread here, and their entry must include:
    - A list of GMC Forum Uploads showing you have been active in producing music and have recording skills etc
    - A list of up to 5 links showing forum posts in while you have helped others
    (they can be within the initial competition period if you don't have too many yet)
    - A video explaining where your playing is at, what you want to achieve as a player,
    and why you think you would make a good Mentor.

• After a 2 week period, entries will be closed, and the next phase will start.

• Our panel of judges, Kris, Andrew & Chris Evans will select a list of up to 10 intermediates
    to make it through to the next phase, selection will be made based on skill,
    helpfulness quality of uploads and overall suitability to be a Mentor as well
    as being able to benefit from mentoring by our instructor.

• Each of the 10 intermediates will be assigned a Beginner to Mentor for the period of 1 month.
    Mentoring will be carried out in the same way as the test mentoring was by Kris and Smells -
    use of the agenda will continue in the same way.

• Test Mentors will be provided with a suggested sylabus and a list of guidelines to help them.
    They will be expected to show evidence of ability to guide less experienced members,
    assess skill levels and pitch their mentoring appropriately.

• At the end of this one month process, our panel of judges will make an assessment
    based on the overall success of mentoring, with input from the beginners,
    and through examination of the Agendas.

• The top 5 intermediates will be accepted into the program, and will start to be mentored
    by the instructor, and over a period of time will be matched up with additional beginners
    to a maximum of 5, to continue their mentoring duties.

• In this competition, judgment of suitability will be made by our panel of judges,
    and their decision will be final.

• The prize on offer is to be mentored by a GMC instructor, and no equivalent is on offer.

Sign-ups and entries; HERE!

Good luck everyone smile.gif
Tolek
Awesome! biggrin.gif I´m looking forward to observe the members and compare their way with our, from the first MTP block. Really cool to see Ivan as a mentor. wink.gif
sted
Dont know if im good enough to be a mentor, but ill be damned if i dont give this my best shot!!!
Matt23
I'd love to enter this, but my camcorder's not working. sad.gif It might be fixed within 2 weeks but it's unlikely.
enforcer
Oh my god! this will be awesome for sure biggrin.gif
Farmer Joe
This sounds great. Maybe I'll be ready for one of these by the 4th or 5th round laugh.gif
Good luck to all those who enter smile.gif
skennington
This is great to see. We have a lot of good intermediate players here and provided they have time, could really benefit some lucky beginners. smile.gif Not to mention a chance to be mentored by Ivan, how cool is that! cool.gif Good luck to all who enters. smile.gif
Artemus
Hmm....
*(still) wonders whether he should try*
enforcer
I really want to join this but I don't know if I developed right skills after my first attempt smile.gif
Sensible Jones
As much as I'd love to study under Ivan I still don't have the facilities to record Video!!
sad.gif mad.gif
superize
I will give this another shot
Storm Linnebjerg
Now is the time that I wish I hadn't thrown away my Pandora...
Velvet Roger
Looking forward to see how this 2nd round will develop smile.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (enforcer @ Apr 28 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really want to join this but I don't know if I developed right skills after my first attempt smile.gif

Of course you should try! It was really very close the last time, no-one did anything other than a great job, we were looking for some specific things, and your experience will stand you in good stead - please, re-enter!
NoSkill
This is a great opportunity, no matter whether you think you can do it or not.

I always encourage people to try and interview for jobs that they may not be right for. It gives one more experience when the right job and right time comes along.

The same can be said for auditions. The more you audition, the better you will be at it...and the more relaxed. Regardless of whether you are accepted with this audition, it's worth trying. You will gain more experience, you will be able to see the criteria of which the winners are chosen by, and you will look more objectively at these opportunities as they arise. My vote would be, regardless of whether you think you are there or not, try and see. It will be a worthwhile exercise no matter what!

Cheers!

Tom in Canada
Frederik
I would love 2 be mentored by Ivan, hes the instrucktor that fits my taste the most

-Frederik
Fran
Wow, this is awesome news for the MTP, just great smile.gif
Pavlov
Wow, that's awesome indeed. I should *really* get a recorder at one point. Ivan's funk and some of his blues is exactly the style I want to become proficient in. For now though, I'll just practice his lessons the best I can. smile.gif
NickHugo
Should the forum uploads be improvs or just any song you've recorded? I'm mainly a fingerstyle folk player but over the past 2 years i've been practicing my lead guitar skills doing pentatonic and modal improvisations. I consider myself an advanced fingerstylist but I'd much rather be judged on my lead ability then my singer-songwriter stuff so would it be acceptable for me to just create a couple of improv tracks and upload those?
Rik Veldhuizen
Great stuff, again...! good luck to anyone applying... smile.gif Can't say that it be fair for me to try, given that I'm not too active on the forum (more reading than posting, obviously), but always checking Ivan's lessons...
skennington
QUOTE (Rik Veldhuizen @ May 2 2009, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't say that it be fair for me to try, given that I'm not too active on the forum (more reading than posting, obviously), but always checking Ivan's lessons...

Sure it would be man! Jump in and give it a try! smile.gif
Marc_Maiden
when does the competition end? im going to be submiting the rest of my entries today, i hope i am not too late!
audiopaal
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ May 8 2009, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when does the competition end? im going to be submiting the rest of my entries today, i hope i am not too late!

Sounds great, you're not too late smile.gif
Chris Evans
for anyone that may be wondering, we are going to keep this open for a little longer to allow some more time for more entries, currently we dont have enough and need a few more people who may be interested in this to post their entries in the sign up thread!

so if your just considering this and unsure, go for it, give it a go! smile.gif

lets see some more entries and then we can kick this competition off

Cheers! smile.gif
sted
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ May 13 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for anyone that may be wondering, we are going to keep this open for a little longer to allow some more time for more entries, currently we dont have enough and need a few more people who may be interested in this to post their entries in the sign up thread!

so if your just considering this and unsure, go for it, give it a go! smile.gif

lets see some more entries and then we can kick this competition off

Cheers! smile.gif

Can the few who did get their entires uploaded in the allotted period enhance their application by more uploads etc?
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (sted @ May 13 2009, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can the few who did get their entires uploaded in the allotted period enhance their application by more uploads etc?

I don't see why not - we haven't looked at the entries in detail yet - just add stuff to your original post though or it will get too confusing for our addled brains!
sted
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ May 14 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see why not - we haven't looked at the entries in detail yet - just add stuff to your original post though or it will get too confusing for our addled brains!

laugh.gif i know the feeling mate, thanks!
leedbreak
I will finish mine shortly I promise.

wink.gif
superize
I am going to make an entry just need to know how long i got till deadline
Chris Evans
QUOTE (superize @ May 20 2009, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am going to make an entry just need to know how long i got till deadline

plenty of time mate, at least another week smile.gif
superize
Hows it going with this
sted
Just thinking that myself!
Andrew Cockburn
We're a little short on entrants so we are considering a different structure for the MTP - there will be an announcement soon!
maharzan
Is this still up?
sted
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jul 14 2009, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this still up?

Dont think so mate, think the competition has been shelved for now, Andrew keeps teasing us with an "imminent anouncement" though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.