Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Learning Recordings
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Cosmin Lupu
Cosmin Lupu
Hey Marcin smile.gif sure thing man!

Now, as a general rule - you should present the ideas in a context or against a metronome click so that we may hear them against a rhythmic landmark. As an overall observation - I can tell you that the pitches are a bit unsure somehow - I don't feel the intention behind the phrases smile.gif Make me believe in what you play! biggrin.gif
Marcin Kwaczynski
Can you give me some pointers? Should I play against some backing track?

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 23 2014, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Marcin smile.gif sure thing man!

Now, as a general rule - you should present the ideas in a context or against a metronome click so that we may hear them against a rhythmic landmark. As an overall observation - I can tell you that the pitches are a bit unsure somehow - I don't feel the intention behind the phrases smile.gif Make me believe in what you play! biggrin.gif

Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Marcin Kwaczynski @ Feb 23 2014, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you give me some pointers? Should I play against some backing track?

Yeah mate - a backing track or a simple metronome click smile.gif First the metronome, so that we may be sure you are executing correctly and then the backing track so that we may analyze the expression and synch with the other instruments and groove wink.gif
Marcin Kwaczynski
What about this one Cosmin?

https://soundcloud.com/marcin-kwaczynski/a-minor-phrase-4

Besides that, I'm still practicing string bending and Bear's Lesson. It is slow process for me, but I'm making progress. I should work on vibrato as well. Bear's lesson has it, and without vibrato, my performance doesn't have that sound.
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Marcin Kwaczynski @ Mar 2 2014, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about this one Cosmin?

https://soundcloud.com/marcin-kwaczynski/a-minor-phrase-4

Besides that, I'm still practicing string bending and Bear's Lesson. It is slow process for me, but I'm making progress. I should work on vibrato as well. Bear's lesson has it, and without vibrato, my performance doesn't have that sound.

Hey mate - this seems very nice smile.gif Can you also come up with some chords to complement it? smile.gif Seriously - good challenge here!

Record a clean chord progression to complement the lead line! biggrin.gif Deal?
Marcin Kwaczynski
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 2 2014, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey mate - this seems very nice smile.gif Can you also come up with some chords to complement it? smile.gif Seriously - good challenge here!

Record a clean chord progression to complement the lead line! biggrin.gif Deal?

Deal biggrin.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Perfect wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.