Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Take 7: Beginner's Corner 21: String Bending
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi again friend!

This one slowly gets closer but unfortunately there are still many bends that don't reach the correct pitch. This is a very important problem because the pitch is everything when we are talking about bending. If you don't reach the correct pitch, your solos and melodies can sound out of scale and for this reason not really good.

I re-checked the previous take comments and I have to say that you must use the video shared by Ben to work on this technique every day. You must focus on adjusting the pitch of your bends, and off course put all your attention on listening the notes that you are reaching.

Please keep on working on your bending technique. wink.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Howdy man!

I also think that you need to spend more time with this one, focusing on reaching the pitches - have you tried to record over the original and then compare the takes, in order to see where the pitch isn't reached? This is a pretty darn good method of taking care of bending issues when playing a take which is oriented in that direction, so please try it and let's see a new take!

All the best!

Cosmin
Ben Higgins
Hi dude, you're having issues with getting the correct pitch still. Most of the bends are going sharp which means they're slightly higher than the desired pitch.

The best bend of the lesson is at 0:11 - this is perfect. This is the sort of control you want for the rest of the lesson.

One thing to check before you record is: Check that your guitar is in tune with the backing track because if your strings are too low or too high then it will change how much you need to bend the string in order to make it sit right with the backing track. Our fingers do learn how much we need to bend a string for a whole tone or semitone note but if we're not in tune with the backing then it changes how much the string should be bent and throws us out. So that might be a factor as well.

Fran
One more vote please! smile.gif
Fran
Almost there, 6.7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.