Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gamer's Thread
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Misc. Discussions > Electronic Entertainment
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Unleash-The-Shred
Lets talk about videogames laugh.gif

Anyone want to start?
PolackHax0r
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Oct 24 2007, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone want to start?

COD4:MW is going to be AMAZING!!!!!!

Need I say more?????

-Justin
Eat-Sleep-andJam
QUOTE (PolackHax0r @ Oct 24 2007, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
COD4:MW is going to be AMAZING!!!!!!

Need I say more?????

-Justin

I Rape at Halo 3 and I will get Cod4 when it comes out.

GG
PacmanProductions
heres my list of favorite games...

#1- 007 Nightfire... could play for hours
#2- Tony Hawk Series
#3- NCAA football 06
#4- Halo Series
#5-James Bond: From Russia With Love

whats yours????
Unleash-The-Shred
COD4 will own! I'm not bad at Halo tongue.gif Need my Xbox Live subscription to be updated though.

But i'm lookiing forward to Assassins Creed!
VinceG
I dominate everyone at Fight Night Round 2.
Im ok at CS 1.6
I wish I have the Orange Box
Unleash-The-Shred
I'd like to get the Orange Box too. I will eventually.
PolackHax0r
I was going to get the orange box. But I was like, COD4 is coming out and that's the only game I'm going to be playing... forever. so I decided not to get it.

-Justin
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (PolackHax0r @ Oct 24 2007, 05:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was going to get the orange box. But I was like, COD4 is coming out and that's the only game I'm going to be playing... forever. so I decided not to get it.

-Justin

LMAO

Famous last words "that's the only game I'm going to be playing... forever."
SLASH91
I used to play a couple hours a day, but now I'm lucky if
i get a couple hours in a week because of work sad.gif and of course guitar. smile.gif
I have a 360 and I rape at Gears of War, but I suck bigtime at Halo 3.
PolackHax0r
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Oct 24 2007, 05:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used to play a couple hours a day, but now I'm lucky if
i get a couple hours in a week because of work sad.gif and of course guitar. smile.gif
I have a 360 and I rape at Gears of War, but I suck bigtime at Halo 3.

yeah, work is always a problem. I have to work 10hr days and don't get out until 8PM at which time I usually go to the gym. Then I get home and try to find time to play my guitar. The good thing about working 10 days though is I get Friday-Sunday off. smile.gif I like it a lot!

-Justin
VinceG
I could get Orange Box anytime I want. I have enough money burning in my pocket for months now. The problem is that my computer prolly could not support TF2. It can barely run Rome.
PacmanProductions
man, i wish they had a James Bond game for 360 that could be xbox live capable... i would pwn everyone here... smile.gif
The Uncreator
I have an unhealthy obsession with the Final Fantasy Series (Beaten All Of Them smile.gif )

The same obsession goes for the Half Life series, btw Robin, Half Life 2: Episode 2, IS FREAKING AWESOME! The Orange Box is the single best deal in video game history.

Portal is so addicting, mindbending, and just fun as hell. TF2 Is like crack.

COD4 look pretty cool, although Assassin's Creed will probabaly rape every other game that comes out this year for me.

Halo is pretty cool, although the story wasnt as deep as i would have liked, character creation though, in Halo, is amazing.
Ayen
Orange box was great, Hl2EP2 was amazing, Portal was a lot of fun. COD4 is so much fun to play (demo), Assassin's Creed looks like the most fun game ever, World of Warcraft still remains fun. Halo 3 is also pretty damn good. Hellgate London's gameplay is disappointing but still for some reason a lot of fun to play.

/breathe
PolackHax0r
QUOTE (Ayen @ Oct 24 2007, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orange box was great, Hl2EP2 was amazing, Portal was a lot of fun. COD4 is so much fun to play (demo), Assassin's Creed looks like the most fun game ever, World of Warcraft still remains fun. Halo 3 is also pretty damn good. Hellgate London's gameplay is disappointing but still for some reason a lot of fun to play.
/breathe

I really HATE World of Warcraft with a passion mad.gif
My brothers have wasted so much time on that stupid game. On beautiful sunny days. "Hey Dan, let's go out and toss the football or something." I can't, I have to raid this village and me and my team won't be done for another 4 hours." "Are you kidding me?!??!?!"

I wouldn't be so annoyed with it if that was once in a while, but seriously, it's EVERYDAY.

God I hate that game! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Gaming, IMO, is cool, as long as it's not your life! (if it is your live, I hope you get paid for it. More power to you!) I love COD, but I'm not going to be playing it from the moment I get home to the moment I go to bed....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

-Justin
spdalton
My brothers have wasted so much time on that stupid game. On beautiful sunny days. "Hey Dan, let's go out and toss the football or something." I can't, I have to raid this village and me and my team won't be done for another 4 hours." "Are you kidding me?!??!?!"

Arg, completely agreed! It stole a whole year of my life :S. Granted, it's fun on a gaming level, but when you're spending 14 hours straight trying to get something that has no physical value, it's just stupid.

Can't wait for Orange Box, Mass Effect and Assassins Creed! Also I need to get Bioshock.
If only exams were over though, heh.

Anyone here play Neverwinter Nights?
peterorg54
anyone has PS3?????

i do, if you do

we can play together sometime smile.gif

if you have ps3 and the game 'skate'.

reply me ! biggrin.gif
PolackHax0r
QUOTE (peterorg54 @ Oct 24 2007, 06:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone has PS3?????

i do, if you do

we can play together sometime smile.gif
if you have ps3 and the game 'skate'.

reply me ! biggrin.gif

LOL - yeah i have a horrible PS3.

I can't remember the last time I turned it on.... laugh.gif

are there any good games out for it yet? I have warhawk, that is fun but I really hate the controller. The analog sticks stand way too high....

-Justin
pantera18
All ive got to say is..... OCTOBER 28TH!!!! GUITAR HERO 3 COMES OUT!!! I cant freaking wait. That game actually helped me on the real guitar too, its pretty amazing. Please share your thoughts...
PolackHax0r
QUOTE (pantera18 @ Oct 24 2007, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All ive got to say is..... OCTOBER 28TH!!!! GUITAR HERO 3 COMES OUT!!! I cant freaking wait. That game actually helped me on the real guitar too, its pretty amazing. Please share your thoughts...

The guitar heroes were fun, but I kinda lost my desire to play them. If I feel like playing GH, I would rather just play my real guitar. My brother is INSANELY good when it comes to GH, and the real guitar for that matter.... He five stared a good majority of the songs on expert. it's unreal how good he is...

isn't GH3 being made by another company though?

-Justin
Spiderusalem
yeah. I spent a long time on MMO's like Everquest and City of Heroes. Granted they were super fun and i met some cool people and learned some life lessons I probably couldn't have learned anywhere else, it still feels like a time sink.

- Starcraft

- Fatal Frame

- Final Fantasy 7

- Resident Evil 1, 2

- Earthbound

- Goldeneye 64

- Mortal Kombat (any)

- Metal Gear Solid

- Day of the Tentacle

- Diablo 1, 2

I wanna get Bioshock so bad.
blindwillie
QUOTE (spdalton @ Oct 24 2007, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Arg, completely agreed! It stole a whole year of my life :S. Granted, it's fun on a gaming level, but when you're spending 14 hours straight trying to get something that has no physical value, it's just stupid.

Can't wait for Orange Box, Mass Effect and Assassins Creed! Also I need to get Bioshock.
If only exams were over though, heh.

Anyone here play Neverwinter Nights?

So. It's ok if you play for nothing, no rewards? biggrin.gif

Physical value? Like money? Real world money is as fake as any monetary system in an online game. They are all just a virtual representation of ... what? You can trade this amount of coins for that. They are all sensitive to theft, frauds, forgery, dumping of the market and so on.

The value is just as real in the game as it is in any world. Like the real world.
You spend this amount of time "working" to get that amount of money or that cool equipment.

What's the difference in sitting at an office behind a computer all day and produce nothing physical and get a certain amount of money on your account for that, or doing it in a game environment?

Who's to say that spending four hours with your friends online is wrong, but spending them on a pub is OK? (Well I'd be in the pub but that's not the point).

I know it gets out of hand for some but I'm not the one to say that 14 hours online is madness but 14 hours of guitar is a healthy way of living. To each his own.

BTW:

ETQW.
Pavel
I tried COD4 demo yesterday...i was not impressed by it, and no, it was not low details - i can run it on the highest possible details. In my opinion COD was much better when they used the WW2 times.

Right now i am only playing Battlefield 2, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion and Vietcong here and there. Last couple of months I seriously reduced the time spent on games.
botoxfox
Just guess what my favorite video game series is...
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Oct 24 2007, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just guess what my favorite video game series is...

Pacman right?
mattacuk
hey pacman is my fave game blink.gif
SLASH91
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Oct 24 2007, 05:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Halo is pretty cool, although the story wasnt as deep as i would have liked, character creation though, in Halo, is amazing.

The problem I'm having with Halo 3 is not so much the story, it's freakin fun to do four player co-op, but the multiplayer. I'ts like everyone ,who was awesome at Halo 2 because they played all day, has had their skill transfer from Halo2 to Halo 3.So I can't hardly win a ranked match sad.gif

QUOTE (pantera18 @ Oct 24 2007, 06:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It, didn't really help me out on guitar, except make me want to play some of the songs, but yeah it's a freakin fun game. The track listing for this one isn't as good as the previous GH games, though, imo. smile.gif It doesn't really get good till the last track with Metallica and Slayer, but they don't have Megadeth....or Pantera. mad.gif
The Uncreator
Ill be picking up a PS3 In a few months, Have to for Final Fantasy 7 remake, and 13, plus. Metal Gear Solid 4 babay!
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (pantera18 @ Oct 24 2007, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah that will be sick, so will Rock Band.

QUOTE (PolackHax0r @ Oct 24 2007, 06:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't be so annoyed with it if that was once in a while, but seriously, it's EVERYDAY.

God I hate that game! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Gaming, IMO, is cool, as long as it's not your life! (if it is your live, I hope you get paid for it. More power to you!) I love COD, but I'm not going to be playing it from the moment I get home to the moment I go to bed....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

-Justin

As far as WOW goes, I LOVE IT, I havet played it in a long time, but i'm going to build my own gaming computer, I won't waste tons of time on it though

To those who want Bioshock, its a really short game, I have it, but it is good, I don't think it should have got a 10/10 (Game Informer) though.
PolackHax0r
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Oct 24 2007, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as WOW goes, I LOVE IT, I havet played it in a long time, but i'm going to build my own gaming computer, I won't waste tons of time on it though
To those who want Bioshock, its a really short game, I have it, but it is good, I don't think it should have got a 10/10 (Game Informer) though.

Like blindwillie said - to each his own. A gaming computer shouldn't be that expensive. I think I spent like $1,400 USD on mine. or $1,200 USD? I can't remember.

I kinda agree with you about bioshock. I played it for like 2 days then I stopped.

Has anyone played Company of Heroes for the PC? It's pretty amazing!

-Justin
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (PolackHax0r @ Oct 24 2007, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like blindwillie said - to each his own. A gaming computer shouldn't be that expensive. I think I spent like $1,400 USD on mine. or $1,200 USD? I can't remember.

I kinda agree with you about bioshock. I played it for like 2 days then I stopped.

Has anyone played Company of Heroes for the PC? It's pretty amazing!

-Justin

Well i have it planned out, mine is like 3000.00 USD. To me its worth it though, I will deffinitely use it for more than gaming.
PolackHax0r
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Oct 24 2007, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well i have it planned out, mine is like 3000.00 USD. To me its worth it though, I will deffinitely use it for more than gaming.

yeah, 3000 should get you a wicked pc. biggrin.gif can you give some specs? Like are you running sli? blah blah blah.....

-Justin
RobM
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Oct 24 2007, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone want to start?

Right now I'm not really playing anything that much, I do dabble in Need for Speed Carbon, Splinter Cell Double Agent for the WII and I also like WII sports quite a bit.

I used to be a video game addict. For the longest time I would get up with the family and then when they went off to school and work I would jump on the computer and play MMORG's, I go all the way back to M59, I played and tested, The Realm I, II & III, Ultima Online, EQ, AC I & II, DAOC, SWG, AO, WWIIOL, Shadowbane, WOW, Vanguard, LOTR. If the game had an add on pack I probably bought it.

As you can see I've been playing MMORPG's for a long time. I ended up buying LOTR but never really played it and then decided to give up online games. Warhammer and Age of Conan are coming out and I'm on the lists to test them so I might test them and then decide to buy, but it's really going to have to be different game for me to ever play online again.

As for stand alone games the list is just too large for me to try and do that here. Same goes with PS2 games we probably own 200 of them if not more. We burned out 4 PS2's and are on the 5th one now, ROFL.

Of course all of this is over the span of 10+ years. It looks like a lot when I list it but it's really not when you consider there are 5 of us here all who play games of one kind or another.
Unleash-The-Shred
I'll give you details later, I gotta go back to school, i get to come home for lunch everyday since my school is a 5 minute walk from my house which is sick. smile.gif
RobM
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Oct 24 2007, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you build your own, you can save a bunch of $$$. It's really not that hard to do either. I built this one a little over a year ago for about $1900.00 and it was all the top of the line(pretty much) hardware at the time. If you need help in figuring out what to put in it, how to do something etc. You can go to the Tom's hardware site; Forums area and then to the Homebuilt Systems forum. A lot of great guys there with a lot of great advice on how to build your home PC for whatever you want to do with it.
The Uncreator
I have to say this.

there should never be a WW2 Game ever made again, we have thousands of them, and all of them suck! same guns, same story, same objectives, very repetitive.

DIE WW2 GAMES DIE!!!

rolleyes.gif
PolackHax0r
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Oct 24 2007, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to say this.
there should never be a WW2 Game ever made again, we have thousands of them, and all of them suck! same guns, same story, same objectives, very repetitive.

DIE WW2 GAMES DIE!!!

rolleyes.gif

That's why I'm happy COD4 isn't about WWII. But I guess it's still a war type game.....

sounds like you hate WWII games as much as I hate WoW! And there's nothing wrong with that! wink.gif

-Justin
Ayen
I know what you mean Polack. I usually only play WoW if I have nothing better to do. It's a way to kill time, and nothing more.

I got a Wii for my birthday, and I hate it like the plague. I bought Twilight Princess because I heard it was good, and was disappointed to find that it really wasn't impressive. Sure firing arrows with the bow is fun, but so far I rarely even use it.

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Oct 25 2007, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to say this.

DIE WW2 GAMES DIE!!!

rolleyes.gif

Nein, not all of them suck. We have COD1 and COD2, which were both very fun. I still think all MOH games (including MOHAA) are disappointments.
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (RobM @ Oct 24 2007, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you build your own, you can save a bunch of $$$. It's really not that hard to do either. I built this one a little over a year ago for about $1900.00 and it was all the top of the line(pretty much) hardware at the time. If you need help in figuring out what to put in it, how to do something etc. You can go to the Tom's hardware site; Forums area and then to the Homebuilt Systems forum. A lot of great guys there with a lot of great advice on how to build your home PC for whatever you want to do with it.

Yeah, you can save alot and also make the computer how you want it,

Thanks for the site.
The Uncreator
QUOTE (PolackHax0r @ Oct 24 2007, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's why I'm happy COD4 isn't about WWII. But I guess it's still a war type game.....

sounds like you hate WWII games as much as I hate WoW! And there's nothing wrong with that! wink.gif

-Justin

Hell i love war games, Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter 2 is probably one of my favorites right now.
Eat-Sleep-andJam
QUOTE (PolackHax0r @ Oct 24 2007, 03:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The guitar heroes were fun, but I kinda lost my desire to play them. If I feel like playing GH, I would rather just play my real guitar. My brother is INSANELY good when it comes to GH, and the real guitar for that matter.... He five stared a good majority of the songs on expert. it's unreal how good he is...

isn't GH3 being made by another company though?

-Justin

Glad You Feel the Same smile.gif

Just to set the record straight Guitar Hero Sucks Why ?

When you play " REAL " guitar why get good at a "FAKE" one when that "TIME" can be invested into something else.

Random Notes:

: I beat BioShock in 2 days on medium and its a 22 hour game, whats that tell you ? Its amazing and for two days straight I cut my self off from the rest of the world and played BioShock tongue.gif biggrin.gif Very Good game for 360 that is. Dont know how it is for PC

: Dont ever buy the PS3, why ? It simply has yet to make a good game and its been out for quite some time. Resistance and Motor Storm are -O.K but the Wii and Xbox 360 are coming out with far better games.

: WoW= Life waster. There is a bartender at one of are local bars and says here husband spends at least 15 hours on it a day. You get the Point.

:CoD 4 looks really good. Idc when anyone says I watched my friend playing the beta and he was like dropping air strikes on his opponents. Looks Intense ! laugh.gif

Some of my Favorite Games:

Halo 3 ,BioShock,Gears of War, Saints Row , Resident Evil 4 and so on.
Unleash-The-Shred
Resident Evil 5 will be amazing.

End of story.
SLASH91
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Oct 24 2007, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
: Dont ever buy the PS3, why ? It simply has yet to make a good game and its been out for quite some time. Resistance and Motor Storm are -O.K but the Wii and Xbox 360 are coming out with far better games.

Oh, so true, and it costs 600 bucks blink.gif

Resident Evil 4 will be amazing

Don't you mean Resident Evil 5?
Ayen
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Oct 25 2007, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hell i love war games, Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter 2 is probably one of my favorites right now.

><!!! I hated GRAW for PC. Enemies would turn around from 100 feet when I was completely silent, put the sights to their eyes, and then shoot me in the head before I could even establish that I was even aiming at an enemy. The AI was purely BS, and I regret ever walking the 10 blocks to get the game.

At one point I nearly committed suicide, but then I realized that was stupid. So I shot my neighbor.
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Oct 25 2007, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, so true, and it costs 600 bucks blink.gif
Don't you mean Resident Evil 5?

Yes i meant RE 5, wasn't paying attention, glad someone was!
Joey
yeah seriously i cant believe no one else mentioned Guitar Hero III yet lol but it comes out on a sunday
wth lol mad.gif
i played the demo off the xbox live marketplace tho its got 5 songs and it looks @#$%in amazing
it has over 70 songs, theres now online multiplayer and instead of encores you now have boss battles where you play a solo track ( specially created for guitar hero 3 ) facing off against guitar legends
i cant wait laugh.gif
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (Joey @ Oct 25 2007, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah seriously i cant believe no one else mentioned Guitar Hero III yet lol but it comes out on a sunday
wth lol mad.gif
i played the demo off the xbox live marketplace tho its got 5 songs and it looks @#$%in amazing
it has over 70 songs, theres now online multiplayer and instead of encores you now have boss battles where you play a solo track ( specially created for guitar hero 3 ) facing off against guitar legends
i cant wait laugh.gif

Sounds pretty sick, but Guitar Hero HAS been mentioned.
Fsgdjv
I don't really know where to start, but..

Twilight Princess is my favourite game (yes Ayen! and I don't even care about shooting arrows with the wiimote, it's not about that anyways) followed by Killer 7, both awesome games, yet they areso unlike each others. I just love the gameplay in all Zelda games smile.gif

Metroid Prime 3 is coming out here this friday here in europe, and I'm dying to get it, even though I didn't play Metroid Prime 2 (since it looked like crap because of the dark and light word, having ammo, etc), but the first Metroid Prime game is definetly one of my favourite games, the feeling of lonelyness is so intense. Anyone here played MP3, or is anyone planning on getting it this friday?

And, I have to whine a bit about being broke and not having an xbox 360 (was gonna buy one this summer but I wasted all my money on guitar stuff-_-), I mean come on, this fall is insane! Mass Effect will most likely be the best game ever (I mean, even if it's half as good as KotOR it'd still be awesome and it looks like it will be a lot better), Asassins Creed has the same potential and Kane and Lynch seems really interesting.

I also have to say that I got a bit dissapointed with Bioshock (played it at a friends house), you don't get the feeling of freedom at all, but I guess I had way to high expectations..
PolackHax0r
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Oct 25 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

: WoW= Life waster. There is a bartender at one of are local bars and says here husband spends at least 15 hours on it a day. You get the Point.

:CoD 4 looks really good. Idc when anyone says I watched my friend playing the beta and he was like dropping air strikes on his opponents. Looks Intense ! laugh.gif

I could not agree with you more!!! biggrin.gif
The PS3 is seriously the WORST!!! There is a guy that works with me that is a HARDCORE PS3 fanboy and all he does is talk about how "amazing" that cosole is and how it totally destroys the 360. lol God I hate my PS3. Glad I got it for xmas and didn't have to spend any money on it. And resistance was not "O.K" it SUCKED!

-Justin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.