Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picking Hand Basics
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Palacios
Original lesson: Picking Hand Basics by Ben Higgins

Ok. This is the first time I've put a take up where I actually used a pick. Be gentile.

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate! I can say that your alternate picking is not bad! As you surely note, there is a timing issue that keeps happening in the whole lesson. I can see that you are starting the movement from your wrist, which is ok, but your arm and hand are not relaxed, both are two rigid. Remember that the movement should start also a bit from your elbow, (like if you would have some water in your hand and you shake it to quit it).

I'm not sure about the way you are holding your pick. Could you please send me a pic of your right hand holding the pick?

Gab.-
Darius Wave
I'm sure You feel a bit funny with the pick since we all know You're mainly a fingerpicker smile.gif They way Your righ hand works seems ok. Rethink if it feels necessary to flex all the fingers of right hand inside the palm. Maybe this additional tension is not a must. Also...We can use those fingers to mute high strings when playing on low strings. Good wrist motion! smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hey amigo! smile.gif You have started your journey on the road that implies using a pick smile.gif Now, don't worry as you'll slowly become better and better at it wink.gif The guys have given you great advices here and I will also try to come up with one - remember what we talked about when I suggested you to move the guitar on the other leg? smile.gif It's more comfy for the right hand in my opinion, so please try it and let's see the improved take!

Keep rocking!

Cosmin
Fran
Almost there, 6.7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.