Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phil66's Thread
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > INSTRUCTORS > Gabriel Leopardi
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65
Gabriel Leopardi
Phil66
Hola Gab,

I'll investigate that folk music, it sounded good. By the way, "folk" is pronounced like "joke", you don't say the "L", same with egg yolk, and yes, "lent" and is opposite of borrow, "lent" is the past tense of "lend".

I can't find that article about "celestial mate" now, it isn't a brand though, it is the name of the drink where you pour hot chocolate over coconut. I may not be remembering the word correctly though.

Nos hablamos amigo

UPDATE:

I had to try and find that thing where the woman said her husband made celestial mate but I couldn't, then I watched you video again and noticed the image on your screen, it's not the same thing that I saw but it did have a link to something similar, the woman that i read about said that here husband had spent ten years in Argentina and in the cold months he drinks celestial mate which is hot chocolate pured over cocnut. A similar thing is mentioned here but is called "celestestial mate". https://www.reddit.com/r/yerbamate/comments...celestial_is_a/

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Phil! Thanks for the Folk correction! It really makes sense. I thought that it was different when referring the the genre than when using it to refer to guys... like "Hello Folks".

Interesting to know about Celestial mate, it's not common at all here, and maybe I could agree that it's a blasphemy. laugh.gif

However, "tereré" is a very common variation mostly prepared in northern provinces (Misiones, Salta, Jujuy) , and bordering countries like Paraguay and Uruguay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terer%C3%A9
Phil66
Sorry Gab,

Tonight got off great, I was all set to get three videos done, two for Todd and one for you, then this happened https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=786230

I guess I just don't have the knowledge but I have that kind of personality where I can't let things beat me and have to keep having one more go. If I've done it once I can do it again. I don't understand how options have changed (you'll understand what I mean if you visit that thread. Maybe I inadvertently clicked something.

I have to try and let it go its disrupting my practise too much.

I wish I'd kept my 2nd Gen Scarlett now, it didn't have the loopback function and I hadn't even heard of it until you were looking for advice for your brother so it's all your fault laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Do you know of a metronome plugin with an increasing function like in GP. I like to record my missions for Todd with that feature so he can see me play it from simple to falling apart.

Nos hablamos amigo
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Phil!

Don't feel bad about it. It's normal to experiment these issues. I've been most of 2020 experimenting with audio and video in order to be able to record smoothly the video responses that I'm doing. I've tried lots of software and configurations to make my cameras, loopback and everything work. This may be the reason why windows finally crashed some months ago. Investing time on technology is not negative as a guitarist because it can only bring good things in the future.

Regarding the metronome, what about this one?

https://www.studybass.com/tools/online-metronome/

or

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...hl=en&gl=US
Phil66
Thanks Gab,

Problem is with an online metronome I would need to use the loopback feature which I am having problems with at the moment, I will sort it out but I need to get some practise done.

I was wondering if there is a plugin metronome to use within Reaper that has a practise function like in GP but then I thought that maybe it would be locked into the project tempo and wouldn't be variable. If it could be variable, I could use it like the Reaper click source which isn't variable. The more I think about it though, the more I think it isn't possible.

It's just that I like to record for Todd's Bootcamp, and sometimes for you, a slow to fast take without having to keep adjusting the tempo manually. I'm just trying to streamline everything, I guess you have to speculate to accumulate eh? Hopefully I'll gain more than I lose wink.gif

Who knows? Tonight I might switch it on and suss it out straight away and think "Philip, you plonker, how did you miss that?" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Salud

Nos hablamos amigo
Gabriel Leopardi
Well, this is easy with Cubase, you have a tempo track that can be automated. I suspect that Reaper has the same thing.

Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 16 2021, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Gab,

Problem is with an online metronome I would need to use the loopback feature which I am having problems with at the moment, I will sort it out but I need to get some practise done.

I was wondering if there is a plugin metronome to use within Reaper that has a practise function like in GP but then I thought that maybe it would be locked into the project tempo and wouldn't be variable. If it could be variable, I could use it like the Reaper click source which isn't variable. The more I think about it though, the more I think it isn't possible.

It's just that I like to record for Todd's Bootcamp, and sometimes for you, a slow to fast take without having to keep adjusting the tempo manually. I'm just trying to streamline everything, I guess you have to speculate to accumulate eh? Hopefully I'll gain more than I lose wink.gif

Who knows? Tonight I might switch it on and suss it out straight away and think "Philip, you plonker, how did you miss that?" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Salud

Nos hablamos amigo

Hey Phil,

I hope it's okay that I write here with a suggestion for the "increasing metronome's tempo" problem.

In Reaper you can right click in the top bar above the recordings, where it tells the measure and timestamps. It says: "Insert tempo/time signature marker". You can input a tempo (i.e. 70), then tick "gradually transition tempo to next marker" and further on in the track you can do the same for instance with 120. It will then create a smooth line of increasing the tempo from 70 to 120. If you want a visible (and audible) click track recorded to a track you can click "Insert" in the menu and then "click source". It will create an actual click track that follows the increasing metronome line smile.gif

You probably already knew this.

By the way, I read through your thread every day and you are always making big progress smile.gif

EDIT: Don't miss Gab's answer above, I suspect it's the same thing.
Phil66
Thanks Gab and Ben,

Yeah, I have used that in Reaper before but once I got GP, that metronome is so quick to set, start tempo, end tempo and % increment and BOOM, done in 5 seconds.

I guess I could spend the time and make a template from 100bpm up to 360bpm and call it up every time and just select the section I want to use then "save as" for the project.

Cheers for the input, something always creates a spark wink.gif

Nos hablamos amigo

Skål
Phil66
Well I set it up from scratch this evening, new project, just like in the pictures in my thread about it and it worked. I did it from memory rather than look at the pictures and I shall continue to do it everytime until it is ingrained in my brain.

Must have been some kind of glitch last night and I forgot the golden rule of fixing things, switch it off and back on again rolleyes.gif

This is the kind of thing I like to do and I think it's good because the instructor can see where it starts to go wrong when getting faster. I got the sync off on this one though rolleyes.gif https://youtu.be/FBFXFGU3Fg4

Video for the shuffle lesson coming soon for sure buddy.

Nos hablamos amigo
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 16 2021, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the kind of thing I like to do and I think it's good because the instructor can see where it starts to go wrong when getting faster. I got the sync off on this one though rolleyes.gif https://youtu.be/FBFXFGU3Fg4

Yeah! That's REALLY helpful!! I like the idea mate.
Phil66
Glad you like it and I now know how to do loopback, and what to do to be able to render both tracks at the same time. I don't fully understand what I'm doing but I manage it.

Video take at 100% speed tomorrow. I tried tonight after playing it at 105% five times but doing the video gave me REC syndrome. It's not recording myself that gives me REC syndrome, it's knowing I'm doing it for an instructor.

After making mistakes about ten times tonight I just practised in Reaper then I looked up and realised I was still recording a video, I hadn't stopped the video recording, "woohoo" I thought, "I'll take that, boom!", then I noticed I hadn't set Reaper to record laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Nos hablamos amigo
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 18 2021, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad you like it and I now know how to do loopback, and what to do to be able to render both tracks at the same time. I don't fully understand what I'm doing but I manage it.

Video take at 100% speed tomorrow. I tried tonight after playing it at 105% five times but doing the video gave me REC syndrome. It's not recording myself that gives me REC syndrome, it's knowing I'm doing it for an instructor.

After making mistakes about ten times tonight I just practised in Reaper then I looked up and realised I was still recording a video, I hadn't stopped the video recording, "woohoo" I thought, "I'll take that, boom!", then I noticed I hadn't set Reaper to record laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Nos hablamos amigo

Interesting! The more videos for instructors you record, the more comfortable you'll feel.
Phil66
Hola Gab,

Okay, here is a video at 100% (120bpm). REC Syndrome killed it but I'm still putting it up here to try to combat the REC FOR MENTOR SYNDROME.

There a quite a few mistakes and at 00:12-00:17 I completely mess up but manage to recover quite a bit which is a good thing imho, there is also a forbidden hammer on at 00:27 ohmy.gif

I have to say that this is the very worst I played this tonight, my heart was beating pretty fast, it was like I was playing THIS laugh.gif laugh.gif I'm just going to record one for you every night, I was even saying in my head "It's for Gab, he's cool, he wants you to do well, he encourages you", it didn't work though laugh.gif

https://youtu.be/FKu_7-aWVTE

Nos hablamos amigo
Phil66
Hola Gab,

If you have time it would be good if you can watch yesterday's video above before this one to see the comparison.

I've also made one just using that backing so it's a double distraction, (REC for you and backing with full band). I do think these are better than yesterday's attempt, even the one with the backing, there are still mistakes that aren't there when I'm not recording but I have to overcome that.

https://youtu.be/DWQoxkoGc2E

https://youtu.be/buM2_txjPfE

Salud

Nos hablamos amigo
Phil66
Hola Gab,

Okay, further to the videos above from Friday and Saturday, here is tonight's attempt, it's getting better, still mistakes, for some reason I've lost a bit of my mojo this evening. It happens eh?

https://youtu.be/u-q_-ehEf_Q

Salud

Nos hablamos amigo
Gabriel Leopardi
Phil66
Hola Gab,

Gracias por su consejo smile.gif

One thing, nothing to do with playing, I don't understand how my sound can possible be out of sync on your video but not on mine, now can it shift when it is locked into the video. Watch my 19th March one then watch the same one in your video. The sync is way way out, I just can't fathom it.

Those videos from the weekend are the first to be at full tempo (120bpm) which is another reason they aren't as tight.

Tonight's attempt, I think a sure sign of RFMS (Rec For Mentor Syndrome) is that each time it's played, a different mistake is made, this is why I'm going to record for you every night wink.gif

https://youtu.be/OsgCf_bmTvk

English:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpqjwJYaW2g

This one below, is in between the two ways that you tried to say it. Obviously it varies hugely around the UK due to the vast amount of accents and dialects but this video is probably the best way to say it anywhere in the UK.

https://youtu.be/0YNvwRe87tI

Gabriel Leopardi
Phil66
Thanks Gab,

I'm not home yet but I've watched you video, thanks for the advice. I'll send screen shots later but have you noticed one thing?if you watch your video, the two pronunciation videos are also way out of sync but on YT they are fine.

Later mate.

Phil
Gabriel Leopardi
Ok! I think that I've solved this. Check this sample:

Phil66
Perfecto Gab,

What was it and why only my videos?

At home when I watched it on my PC the "promising" and "productive" videos were in sync but on my phone at work they were out of sync. weird!!!

Okay, tonight I practised and made two videos. One at 110bpm and one at 130bpm, maybe they will highlight problem areas in a different way to the 120bpm videos. I was quite tense tonight, work related.

https://youtu.be/3T70Dxm_h7M

https://youtu.be/hOfRV_HgWT8

Also here are the screenshots. I am only using the most basic video editor, Windows Movie Maker. My recording software is Logitech capture.

Nos hablamos amigo

Phil
Gabriel Leopardi
Phil66
Hola Gab,

The sync issue has gone now, I could hear another issue on my videos, I could hear two clicks of each click of the count in, then I realised one must be the feedback from your mic with a slight delay.

Thanks for the tips, I'm sorry, but no video tonight sad.gif I made three videos for Todd's Bootcamp. I thought I should give my fingers a break and take them to the gym for a change of scenery, all I've played for a week is the shuffle lesson. I still played it tonight but I didn't have time to make a video.

I can see my errors in the shuffle lesson, I'm struggling with these last details but I'll do my best to get a pass then I can move on to another lesson and still polish this one, I'm singing the shuffle lesson in my bloody sleep laugh.gif I think the reason I might sound a little better in the second one (130bpm) is that I can't rush it because I'm struggling to keep up biggrin.gif

I was so happy when you said that my high double stops were "cooler" than yours, that really made my day, thank you.

The main reason for so many videos in succession was to overcome RFMS which I feel I have but I will keep on doing as much as possible smile.gif I will be back doing Todd's Bootcamp a little more now but my main focus is to get the shuffle lesson to REC where I will have to overcome RFRS (rec for rec syndrome), all these "recs" will make me a nervous wreck wacko.gif

I bet you took a sigh of relief when there was no video today laugh.gif

I doubt that you'll need it but just in case it might help, have a look at THIS. I was recommended it over at the Reaper forum.

Whenever I watch your videos, if I notice something no pronounced correctly I find a video for you.

Today's word is "weren't".

https://youtu.be/n8aumZtbjHE

Nos hablamos amigo
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Phil!

Yes, the echo thing happens because of my microphone. I'll try to set my speakers lower because I prefer to avoid using headphones. Let's see if this becomes an important issue. In my first test, I only find it problematic with the count in. (If I turn the volume loud).

Thanks for the "weren't" correction. Your English classes are always welcome! smile.gif

Thanks for the update on your practice. Keep on the hard work! smile.gif
Phil66
Hola Gab,

No problem, I can ignore that echo, I was thinking it was something in my DAW until I realised what it was wink.gif

120bpm just wasn't happening tonight. You will see in a minute or two. I read this comment by Kris in the Single String Metal Solo in REC, he said "If different random problem areas always seem to appear when recording: you have learned the whole piece in a "rushed" way. If so, you need to adopt a higher standard quality check at every instance of your practicing - this starts in the very beginning when you approach a lesson for the first time. Make sure that you are always disciplined in order not to move on to a higher tempo before you master the section you are working on.". Maybe I've rushed this?

I did a take at 80bpm to see what really needs work on. A couple of double stops are still not actual double stops but the take is okay.

https://youtu.be/nlCms6S_kzk

One thing I was pleased with, even though I say so myself, is that when I looked at the waveform in Reaper, the timing is pretty good, it could be better, I'm rarely behind the beat but often pretty much on it and occasionally in front which I know isn't a good thing.

Here is a 120bpm take. This was played after playing the 80bpm take and is a little bit better than I was getting earlier, before the 80bpm take.
https://youtu.be/12mM40Q0rZI

I was also please with the waveform for this one.

Should I go back to 80bpm and increase by a couple of BPM each time over the weekend and get a video to you on Sunday night for Monday appraisal? I know you aren't usually at your studio at the weekend so I can work hard over the weekend to try to get it up to a REC pass level over the weekend.

Salud

Nos hablamos amigo.

Adios
Gabriel Leopardi
Phil66
Hola Gab,

Thanks for the advice but I have a better idea, I think a great great solution for me to nail this lesson is you go and reduce the target tempo to 96bpm (80%) then I've got my first ever 10 pass wink.gif

Seriously though, I'll go back to isolating those areas and post a video on Sunday. I may post some other videos over the weekend but please don't feel obliged to reply, they'll be to keep the RFMS away wink.gif

Take care buddy

Stay safe

I'm on it

Have a great weekend

Salud

Nos hablamos amigo

Phil \m/
Gabriel Leopardi
hahaha great!! smile.gif
Phil66
Hola Gab,

I need some clarification please. I've watched your video reply quite a few times, should I play the part circled in blue as a double stop or as the TAB? Your lesson video sounds like the TAB to my ears but they aren't the best wink.gif

When you demonstrate the idea to me, you always play the 5th fret double stop. If it's supposed to be a single note and I play a double stop I will get marked down in REC.

I didn't have much time to practise this weekend, I had some paperwork to do for work that I thought was going to take 20 minutes, it turned out to be 28 pages of headache wacko.gif blink.gif wacko.gif

Gracias

Nos hablamos amigo

Phil
Gabriel Leopardi
Phil66
Hola Gab,

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, I will add my own salt and pepper when I play it for myself, I was just wanting to get it right for REC first wink.gif

This is what I've been doing tonight, I noticed that on the double stop when I have to do a pull-off, the double stop isn't full, I need to work on that. I think maybe work more at 85-90% for a while to get it more into my fingers.

I was quite tense this evening, work-related, end of the month is always stressful even more so in these crazy days.

https://youtu.be/vttbf5T1Uzk

And as you said you like to see them, here is the waveform.

English:

The term "Stay true to the TAB" is good wink.gif

In your video reply, you say "used" like "you-zed", this is very common with non native English speakers. In the video below, the first version (noun form) is how most people would say "used" if they said, "I used to go there" and the second version, (verb form) you would use if you said "I used my guitar last night". Without the 'd' on the end, the first version (noun form) with the harder 's' sound would be for, "what use does it have?" and the second version (verb form) where the 's' has a more 'z' like sound would be for, "can I use it?".

It's a very subtle difference and you wouldn't be misunderstood whichever you used, the main thing is that you try not to say it like "you-zed". https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/use

https://youtu.be/VszON789434

I know in your video reply you were using "variationS" but this is the same without the 'S'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djf1Xv4CKCE

Salud

Nos hablamos amigo
Gabriel Leopardi
Phil66
Hola Gab,

I did practise tonight but I mainly had a go at the Synthwave collab, check it out over there. I don't really know what Synthwave is but I did something a bit different. I put something over the intro, the two melodies, the quite middle part and the outro. Hopefully I'm not too late to the show, if I am, just bin it all.

Yes the "ed" thing can be confusing but it's "d" or "t" unless the letter before the "ed" is a "t" or a "d" then it is "ed" wink.gif Best way to learn is to speak to English people as much as possible, or have some annoying person keep pointing these things out laugh.gif

Also on one of those sheets, you are saying "razez" for the word "races", the "z" sound is only for the "s" at the end. As I said, you would never have difficulty being understood, but this is the REC Zone for English tongue.gif

https://youtu.be/OA9Ny02NjZ4

Salud,

Nos hablamos amigo.
Gabriel Leopardi
hahah thanks for the English REC program feedback. This is very helpful!! smile.gif

I'm sure that you know what Synthwave is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthwave

I'll check your take on the collab now, thanks!!!
Phil66
Hola Gab,

Thanks for that, now I know what it is I just didn't know that it was called that. Maybe I went in the wrong direction for my collab parts?

I don't know what was going on in SoundCloud but I've sent all of the files into the collab section but you should download them from the zip file at the bottom. I do explain in the thread, it's very odd.

I've been practising and for the tricky lick, I relaxed my hand and let it do its own thing, it's hard to explain but a stabbing and looping action seemed to give me a much more fluid run, hopefully I can demonstrate it tomorrow. There is more movement but it flows better. I also found that if I close my eyes, I can play that lick better, maybe the brain has one less input to process allow it to process the other parts easier? Who knows.

I'm glad you are getting something from my little bits of English help. In the 1970's there was a sitcom here, a pompous hotel owner had a Spanish waiter. It's not really politically correct nowadays but the general public loved Manuel. I'm sure you will see the funny side of these clips because now I've seen your video replies, I can see you have a good sense of humour. Just remember they were made in 1975 before the days of political correctness.

https://youtu.be/H-oH-TELcLE?list=PLZwyelef...Ff4I9fjVFpanvG7

https://youtu.be/g2Y_p8-LbY4

Salud

Nos hablamos amigo
Gabriel Leopardi
hahaha that's hilarious!!! I have many cool stories of my father trying to speak English the first time we went to Disney/USA. I can really connect those stories to this tv show!!! haha

I'lll get into the collab files and mix later today or maybe tomorrow. I'll tell you if I have any issues with your takes. From what I could hear, I like your input, it really works!
Phil66
Hola Gab,

You should try to watch the entire series, they only made 12 episodes and they are considered the benchmark against which all other sitcoms are measured, even today wink.gif

For the collab, if possible use this file for the guitar parts, it's the same but without the abrupt cut off on the first guitar part. Maybe it won't matter but it's here anyway wink.gif Click to view attachment

Here is tonight's take at full speed (120bpm), I missed a hammer on but I'm fairly happy with it.

https://youtu.be/d7D_vZRczHE

Salud

Phil66
Hola Gab,

Just put this here in case you looked at my post (above) last night before I put the video up. I put the first part up and it was over an hour before the video went on so if you looked earlier you won't know about the addition of the video. You do now though wink.gif

Saud
Gabriel Leopardi
Phil66
Hola Gab,

Thanks for your feedback, I think I will be going into REC in the next few days with this, I know it's not a 10 but I'm feeling it's time to move on and if I get a pass, I can use this as my warm up and still carry on polishing it. What do you think?

Just one small thing with your videos which I have to say are very inspiring and make me feel that I know you better. You could do with a kill switch on your mic, if you watch you video reply back there is a delay/echo, it's very noticeable in the count in, not so bad in the music but I'm wondering if that is what Tim was talking about in your reply to him??? Your voice is always fine I just think that in a video like Tim's the delay from the mic could sound more exaggerated.

Thanks for everything buddy.

Salud,

Have a great weekend.

Phil
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 2 2021, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your feedback, I think I will be going into REC in the next few days with this, I know it's not a 10 but I'm feeling it's time to move on and if I get a pass, I can use this as my warm up and still carry on polishing it. What do you think?

Hi Phil!! Yes, I agree, you are ready to share this one at REC and move forward. You'll obviously receive some feedback on things to fix but you are reaching a very good level. It's good to work on new stuff.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 2 2021, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just one small thing with your videos which I have to say are very inspiring and make me feel that I know you better. You could do with a kill switch on your mic, if you watch you video reply back there is a delay/echo, it's very noticeable in the count in, not so bad in the music but I'm wondering if that is what Tim was talking about in your reply to him??? Your voice is always fine I just think that in a video like Tim's the delay from the mic could sound more exaggerated.
Thanks for everything buddy.

The problem with Tim's vid was that I had a different setting. I was sending both the direct youtube and the delayed youtube audios. This made it impossible to hear. The problem is that I change this setting when giving private classes via Zoom, and that day I forgot to fix it for the responses.

When this is not the case, the "problem" is acceptable. However, I see if there is a way to set a noise gate in my microphone so it only activates when I speak. This is risky because sometimes I don't speak directly to the mic and maybe it won't activate. But, I'll experiment! smile.gif

Thanks!!

Phil66
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 2 2021, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When this is not the case, the "problem" is acceptable. However, I see if there is a way to set a noise gate in my microphone so it only activates when I speak. This is risky because sometimes I don't speak directly to the mic and maybe it won't activate. But, I'll experiment! smile.gif

Thanks!!

I agree it's not a problem buddy, I'm not complaining at all, as soon as I hear the the count in I think "oh dear I've cocked this video up ffs" then I realise it's the mic.

I'm also thinking, and tell me to mind my own business if you want, I won't be offended wink.gif it might not appear very slick to people seeing them on YouTube who aren't GMC members, us members don't really mind the little "problems" but outsiders might be put off if you know what I mean.

I thought something like THIS wound be handy, shame its not a box though.

Please don't be disheartened with this "complaint" mate, I love the videos and would hate them to stop, I'm just always thinking of ways to make GMC more "attractive" to outsiders, I look at things from an outsiders perspective and try to think of things that will encourage outsiders to become insiders wink.gif

Keep up the awesome work buddy.

Salud
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Phil! Check out Tim's new response. I could fix it using a noise gate. Now the mix mutes when I'm not talking. smile.gif

Phil66
That's brilliant Gab,

I knew you'd sort it cool.gif

I'm thinking of this lesson next, what do you think? https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Blues-Dynamics/

Salud.
Gabriel Leopardi
I love this lesson. It's a nice challenge.
Phil66
I'll start working on it buddy.

I've posted a poor take to REC,. RFRS (REC for REC syndrome) really got to me. That was the best of about thirty takes laugh.gif laugh.gif

I still keep polishing it, using it as my warmup.

Salud

Nos hablamos amigo
Phil66
PM wink.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 4 2021, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PM wink.gif

Answered!
Phil66
Hola Gab,

Thank you for your response to my REC take, I really wasn't expecting an 8 I thought a 6 or 7 so I was chuffed with two 8s so far. Also it's my first level four lesson so that's an achievement on top of learning full down picking smile.gif I feel the all down picking creates more stress because you're having to do twice as much work with the picking hand.

What is the reason for down picking single notes, I understand with chords if you want to keep the bass notes sounding first don't I can't see an advantage with single notes on the same string.

I'm now working on the new lesson but will still spend ten minutes per day playing the shuffle at 105% speed and maybe do another REC take when I think I've improved. I'll probably post here too.

By the way, the sound sync issue was on my YouTube video in your video again wink.gif

Salud

Nos hablamos amigo

UPDATE: How weird is this? Your video in the actual REC Zone has sync issues on my video but I just watched your video on our Facebook group and it doesn't have the sync issue on that one. That's really really freaky wacko.gif blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.