Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Take 2: Funky Blues Rhythm
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Manu RASSE
Original lesson: Funky Blues Rhythm by Stephane Lucarelli

Hi GMC

I deleted my old take because tone was so aggresive.

I work this lesson for 2 months.
It is very hard to play funk rythm.
It is necessary to be relaxed and to learn has well to hold the pick.

Sometimes the pick turned in my fingers because I tightened too hardly.
At present, I understood, it does not turn any more.

I think of having reached the maximum of my capacities.
I shall look for other lessons to continue to progress.

Thank you for your advice.

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=57779
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi MisterM!

Happy new year!

You've been working very hard at the mentoring thread, and I could follow your progress on this lesson which is really impressive. Your fuk rhythm is much more consistent than in the past and this take really shows it.

You know my thoughts about this one, as well as the other lessons that you are working, so I'm here just for grading.

Keep on the great job!

Ben Higgins
Hi there - Happy New Year!

I can't find anything wrong with this take and I've listened several times! huh.gif

The timing is very solid, the tone is nice and clear and you manage to switch between percussive dead notes and the chords / notes very well.

The only thing I would improve is mix your guitar LOUDER. In a track like this, your guitar is the only lead instrument. There's no vocals so don't be shy - bring it forward in the mix smile.gif
Darius Wave
Hey there!

Yet again we have a piece of great playing from you. Aside from guitar loudness in the mix, I have nothing to complain. Maybe it would be easier to spot anything if the guitar was just about 2dB's louder. At this point it's a great piece of work. Remember that from player's perspective you can literally feel each note and know exactly where some of your strumming/picking was not 100% confident. But...the good news...we all have this and it very often does not translate to what listener's hear. You are becoming a professional player. Keep up the good work!
Fran
Pass: 8.7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.