Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hybrid Blues - Dynamics & Arpeggios
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Monica Gheorghevici
Original lesson: Hybrid Blues - Dynamics & Arpeggios by Darius Wave

Hi guys, Darek's team is ready for REC. We worked hard at this lesson but in the end the result is exactly how we wanted.

I truly love this lesson because it's a tricky one and require a particular type of tone and a special attention to details (as we know "Details" is Darek’s middle name biggrin.gif ). Actually this lesson it's exactly how Darek wrote in the description: "good lesson for "tone from the hand" workout".

Darek, you are a brilliant instructor and I'm really happy because we managed to build a solid team over the years. Thank you for everything!

Darius Wave
You always bring me pleasure doing my lessons at such a level. Again I'm very pleasant to give you a high grade. It took some time but all the details has been respected and as we spoke - eah technique needs just a little more workout to be perfect so at the moment I can't give you the highest grade but there's a well deserved and honest 9 from me smile.gif Keep up the good work smile.gif
Kristofer Dahl
Yeah!! That arpeggio technique is sooo smooth Monica - well done!

There are two things that prevent me from fully enjoying this take:

* vibrato: a bit uneven and not really matching how Darius phrased his. ie the first vibrato note around 00:06 where we can hear how Darius gradually builds up his vibrato intensity/width.

* timing: It does seem to me you are focused on all the details and not as much on groove. This feels especially obvious in the beginning, after a while you get more into 'the zone'. For example the beginning of the slide lick at 00:08 does not have the same effect as Darius' - solely because of timing.

Nevertheless this is an amazing take and testimony of your super hard work! You get an 8 from me. You blow us away - keep going!
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Monica!

This is a very good take for this one. I think that you reached a good level with your playing and it's reflected on this lesson which is not anything easy. It requires a good manage of different techniques to sound clean and tight. You achieved both characteristics. I don't find any relevant problem when listening to the tune, I just have the suspect that the original could have stronger vibrato in some parts.

That's why I've compared this take with the original and I can say that there is still more room to work on dynamics and vibrato. I think that you reached the softer side of this one, but the most aggressive parts still can be stronger. (for example starting at 00:30).

By the way, this is a great lesson, and even the most difficult and faster parts are sounding precise.

Congrats on your great job!

Fran
Pass: 8.7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.