Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Peavey Generation Exp With Acm
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Gear Reviews
Ivan Milenkovic
Wiki link
Tjchep
Sweet man! I would have never guessed the cost by your lesson!
Ivan Milenkovic
I got it for 197e if you beleive it smile.gif That`s a steal practicaly - it is new and nothing wrong with it. There were times when this baby has beaten some mean HSS strats on gigs wink.gif The sound I get from it is great knowing that these are just lowcost factory pickups. but soon i`m stransfering to some seymor duncans. I will write full review when i change the pickups, giving also parallel recordings on the same settings to compare. I think that would be interesting to hear.
Kristofer Dahl
Very interesting Ivan - thank you very much! biggrin.gif This review will most likely be inspiring for many people!

I also know that lavendell has bought some cheap guitars and modded them with great result!

PS I wish I had a tele too! biggrin.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Thanks man, the guitar really serves me well, just to change those damned pickups. Oh well, soon soon smile.gif

Tele is nice. Me love tele. smile.gif Me love Strat! smile.gif Me don`t have strat sad.gif Me have strat someday smile.gif
JVM
Hey Ivan, wondering if you have yet switched your pickups? I have the same pickup config in my parker and they're "custom made for parker by dimarzio". Which means they're good, but could be better. In keeping the hum/single/single thing going, I was considering maybe two texas specials and a SD pearly gates or something. Or maybe mini JB duncan pickups. I love having the piezo option too smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Hey man, thats a good combo, if your guitar is comfortable enough, you like to play it and good quality wood - change the pups, go for it smile.gif
Me too wanted a one hot strat pickup in the neck, one vintage output in middle, and something vintage sounding in the bridge as a hum. But I will not change the pups for now, as I want to buy a Strat, so I'm planning to change the pups on that one (when I buy it). This guitar I think cannot be better with better pickups, because the playability of it is not perfect. That is the reason. Off course it would definitely sound better if I change the pickups but I manage to squeeze the sound that I want out of it. It is a great cheap guitar for gigs, that's for sure.
Muris Varajic
Just realized it's Peavey biggrin.gif

Great guitar for buck AND review,thanks Ivan!!! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Thanks Muris smile.gif

Maybe we can see the review on your mighty MK Sig soon, what do'ya say? smile.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 1 2008, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Muris smile.gif

Maybe we can see the review on your mighty MK Sig soon, what do'ya say? smile.gif

Ohh,I haven't thought of that,really blink.gif
Thanks for the idea!! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.