> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Snackajacks Secret Guitar Laboratory
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2012, 02:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jul 10 2012, 10:22 AM) *
allright Sir !

What I am hearing is like do-re-mi-fa-sol-la-si-do

Because it is tongue.gif are you having any trouble with the assignments so far?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 10 2012, 03:05 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 10 2012, 01:25 PM) *
Because it is tongue.gif are you having any trouble with the assignments so far?

Well I am applying this do-re-mi thing to all the C's that I find and that is working. takes a lot of time to actually remember it
because of that stupid b string. otherwise I had a nice pattern that I could apply.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2012, 03:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jul 10 2012, 02:05 PM) *
Well I am applying this do-re-mi thing to all the C's that I find and that is working. takes a lot of time to actually remember it
because of that stupid b string. otherwise I had a nice pattern that I could apply.

Try not to get too hooked on patterns biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 11 2012, 10:52 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 10 2012, 02:08 PM) *
Try not to get too hooked on patterns biggrin.gif

So you just want me to find all the c's remember where they are and apply those intevals to them smile.gif ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 11 2012, 02:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jul 11 2012, 09:52 AM) *
So you just want me to find all the c's remember where they are and apply those intevals to them smile.gif ?

In the first task yes wink.gif try as many positions in respect to the C note as possible biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 12 2012, 09:48 AM
First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! well, I think this works out good, I know em till the 12th fret. so now I need to set my mind that untill the 24th is the same, Ill keep it updated !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 12 2012, 11:35 AM
Instructor
Thank you Marc! Well, keep it up and you'll have the C major scale down under your thumb biggrin.gif Then....it's the same procedure for each scale smile.gif Fair enough? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 12 2012, 12:52 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 12 2012, 10:35 AM) *
Thank you Marc! Well, keep it up and you'll have the C major scale down under your thumb biggrin.gif Then....it's the same procedure for each scale smile.gif Fair enough? tongue.gif

I understand the idea of scales now, I am only questioning how I can remember all those notes, or isn't this necesary ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 13 2012, 10:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jul 12 2012, 11:52 AM) *
I understand the idea of scales now, I am only questioning how I can remember all those notes, or isn't this necesary ?

Marc, the only way in which you will remember them in such a way that you can use them is by playing and being a bit conscious about what you are playing. For instance, you can try and spot notes in the phrases that you play and memorize the notes and the way they sound against the harmonic context smile.gif

There are a lot of ways, but in time we shall talk about as many as possible.

For instance, I tried to parallel sing all the notes in a solo so that I may train myself into being able to easily express what I hear in my head

Let's take things easy and progress will come up for certain wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 13 2012, 01:03 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 13 2012, 09:23 AM) *
Marc, the only way in which you will remember them in such a way that you can use them is by playing and being a bit conscious about what you are playing. For instance, you can try and spot notes in the phrases that you play and memorize the notes and the way they sound against the harmonic context smile.gif

There are a lot of ways, but in time we shall talk about as many as possible.

For instance, I tried to parallel sing all the notes in a solo so that I may train myself into being able to easily express what I hear in my head

Let's take things easy and progress will come up for certain wink.gif

Cosmin

Allright, I will be using this technique every day from now on !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 13 2012, 03:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jul 13 2012, 12:03 PM) *
Allright, I will be using this technique every day from now on !

Hehe wink.gif good choice my friend!

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 14 2012, 09:53 AM
I am hoping too see my x3 power supply in the rehearsal rooms in town, otherwise I need to buy a new one sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 14 2012, 10:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jul 14 2012, 08:53 AM) *
I am hoping too see my x3 power supply in the rehearsal rooms in town, otherwise I need to buy a new one sad.gif

Uh, sorry to hear that mate. Well, is it expensive?

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 14 2012, 10:52 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 14 2012, 09:36 AM) *
Uh, sorry to hear that mate. Well, is it expensive?

I need to ship it in , probably 35 euro's. I really hope it is somewere in the rep room.
Electric guitar is reallly anoying to play unamplified

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 15 2012, 09:26 AM
Instructor
Oh clearly!

The electric guitar's dynamics can't be heard otherwise smile.gif Let me know when you are ready Marc!

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 15 2012, 09:09 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 15 2012, 08:26 AM) *
Oh clearly!

The electric guitar's dynamics can't be heard otherwise smile.gif Let me know when you are ready Marc!

WOHOOOO got my power cable back !. Time to record !!
Ill try to record tomorrow biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 16 2012, 09:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jul 15 2012, 08:09 PM) *
WOHOOOO got my power cable back !. Time to record !!
Ill try to record tomorrow biggrin.gif

Alrighty! I'll be standing by, waiting for your take wink.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 16 2012, 11:57 AM
Yo, I adjusted my intonation, and I am laying the finishing touch over the whole piece, but I thought Id share one
of the recordings that didn't make it , I went with the song,went crazy and improvised. haha, I hope to upload the "definite" version today.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  betamentoring.mp3 ( 1.08MB ) Number of downloads: 88

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 16 2012, 12:30 PM
Instructor
Ahoy Marc! Timing is great and the bends reach the pitch pretty nicely, but take care at the quirky bends at the beginning of the first part wink.gif and the vibrato should be wider and not so aggressive - let the note breathe first and then vibrate to offer it sustain!

Good start mate!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 16 2012, 12:42 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 16 2012, 11:30 AM) *
Ahoy Marc! Timing is great and the bends reach the pitch pretty nicely, but take care at the quirky bends at the beginning of the first part wink.gif and the vibrato should be wider and not so aggressive - let the note breathe first and then vibrate to offer it sustain!

Good start mate!

Cosmin

thanks cosmin, I can do a lot with that feedback ! I am on it !

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:08 PM