Got A Few Guitar Options.. Lp!, Going to buy a new one
Skewlbuzz
Oct 29 2007, 01:12 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey yo! happy.gif

I've started practicing more seriously on my own and with my band, which means we are going to get some gigging going once our setlist is finished and practiced through..
And because of that I feel the need of replacing my current beginner crap Squier with a decent new weapon :]

What I'm asking you here at GMC for is merely inspiration to guide me to a guitar choice wink.gif

We're playing a mix of our own songs and covers. Not into too metal/heavy stuff (heaviest stuff played yet is Rage Against the Machine, not exceeding that). I find it kinda hard to describe our style, we like a more "intertaining" atmosphere (in lack of better word tongue.gif) playing jazzy/bluesy rock.. Ye I know, not a very "on spot" description! But what the heck ;]

The below are the guitars I've been looking at.. I'm not really considering Ibanez guitars, they just seem too metal-minded... At the moment I can get option 1+2 for the same price, but usually the Studio costs 25% more.

Option 1: Gibson Les Paul Studio
- This is really my current main option.. I see Gabriel has one, anyone else? And anything to say about it? Worth the money etc.? ;p

Option 2: Gibson Les Paul BFG
- I really like the look of this one. And the killswitch will make Morello riffs/solos and stuff like that much more fun to play. But I'm worried it will sound too heavy, far from a Les Paul, and not fit my style. It has no fingerboard inlays too (Can you buy some nice ones seperately and attach? A fingerboard looks so much better with inlays!). Anyone tried this guitar yet?

Option 3: Fender anything? Well, I'm mainly looking for humbucker sound (or at least room to fit some EMG's in), so I guess Fender isn't really an option for me? I really like playing Strats, but the sound of a Les Paul fits me so much better.

High-price option: Gibson Les Paul GT (unlikely due to more than double the cost of the others..)
rolleyes.gif This one's so damn hot..! But it costs like 25% more than a JEM7V, uses same pick-ups as the Studio, so I'm not sure it's worth it? unsure.gif It has coil-taps though!

Ofc I'm gonna try out every option at the store before making my final descision smile.gif
Anyone have any comments, help or suggestions?

Everything is appreciated ;]

Cheers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Skewlbuzz
Oct 29 2007, 02:49 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thank you for the answers regarding Fenders :]

Gonna try some HSS setups out, but I still feel like choosing one of the Les Pauls

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Skewlbuzz   Got A Few Guitar Options.. Lp!   Oct 29 2007, 01:12 AM
- - Magnum   Hi , If you really like playing a Strat, and need...   Oct 29 2007, 01:37 AM
- - MickeM   If you like the feel of a Fender there's Strat...   Oct 29 2007, 01:39 AM
|- - fkalich   QUOTE (Skewlbuzz @ Oct 28 2007, 08:49 PM)...   Nov 2 2007, 06:17 PM
nnn
- - dogman   Hmm, Just my 2 cents, but I am sure anyone else h...   Oct 30 2007, 12:28 AM
- - Maximus   I am also looking to buy a new LP in the next mont...   Oct 30 2007, 01:03 AM
- - Goliath   If you want to equip EMG's into an LP, why not...   Oct 30 2007, 01:04 AM
- - blindwillie   There is a Gibson LP model that comes with EMGs fr...   Oct 30 2007, 04:04 PM
|- - Goliath   QUOTE (blindwillie @ Oct 30 2007, 04:04 P...   Oct 30 2007, 07:08 PM
|- - fkalich   QUOTE (Goliath @ Oct 30 2007, 01:08 PM) Y...   Nov 2 2007, 06:38 PM
nnn
nnn
- - Skewlbuzz   Okei, so I've been out trying some different g...   Nov 2 2007, 05:33 PM
|- - MickeM   QUOTE (Skewlbuzz @ Nov 2 2007, 05:33 PM) ...   Nov 2 2007, 05:38 PM
|- - Skewlbuzz   QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 2 2007, 05:38 PM) A C...   Nov 2 2007, 05:46 PM
|- - shredmandan   QUOTE (Skewlbuzz @ Nov 2 2007, 12:46 PM) ...   Nov 2 2007, 06:00 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Smells   I always played charvel/Jacksons, then some years ...   Nov 2 2007, 06:16 PM
- - Goliath   Yeah, i get your point, but brand loyalty like tha...   Nov 3 2007, 01:57 AM
- - Skewlbuzz   I think I've made my choice now.. I won't ...   Nov 4 2007, 09:37 PM
- - Chris-triff   hey im in the exaclty same thought i have a squie...   Jul 6 2008, 09:48 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Also, Telecaster with Humbuckers is a great guitar...   Jul 6 2008, 10:21 PM
- - Koopid   Gibson has a Les Paul Studio with EMG81/85 setup f...   Jul 7 2008, 08:14 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:10 PM